“Good Hotel - Professional staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase offer
Ranked #67 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Calgary, Canada
“Good Hotel - Professional staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

One of the brand name hotels Ive come to trust over the years. It was a good stay, did not spend much time in my room but loved the dining choices. . Lots of fast food and chain restaurant choices nearyby. Breaky was ok. My room could have been a bit cleaner they just missed a few minor things. I did not let them know as it was not a big deal, staff was professional and attentive. I mean to give the review back in Aug but got too busy. Going back on business in the new year . Would stay again due to its location where I need to do business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Some colleagues and I booked the Marriott for a quick overnight because of its proximity to our Denver office. The hotel is in an area loaded with major restaurant franchises to serve all of the office buildings in the complex, but they're far-flung enough that a car is a good idea, anyway.

The hotel itself is very well-equipped: a large business center that doesn't charge by the page to print things, a Starbucks that's got a large seating area, a gym worthy of a freestanding Fitness Center, and a generous indoor pool. There's an outdoor pool as well, but not very inviting in December.

I was given a room with a balcony- it had a nice view of the mountains but a busy highway was in between my room and the view! I did notice the traffic noise some, since it's only a 5-floor hotel. My room had a microwave and a small refrigerator.

The coffee maker contained a used filter pack, but had been fully stocked with replacement packs- minor housekeeping omission. Everything else was fine. No meals there, so I can't comment on the restaurant. I hope to use the Marriott again if I return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in December. I selected the hotel, even though I was attending an event at another nearby hotel, because I like the reliability of Marriott, especially the beds. This hotel met Marriott expectations in every area except housekeeping.

My room was large, on the 10th floor and quite comfortable. There was a good work station with an adjustable chair which I appreciated. The bed was very comfortable.

Check in was very smooth, efficient and pleasant. Overall, the staff was always a pleasure to encounter. The concierge level staff deserves an "extra nod" for their exceptional service.

I ordered room service on a few evenings and it was prompt, delivered with a smile and the food was good.

The bathrooms do not have separate showers, so it is still the older Marriott tub/shower combination. Bedding and other amenities were of a high quality.

The hotel is near a major interstate and I did use earplugs at night as the traffic noise starts in the early morning hours.

The housekeeping in this hotel needs some improvement. I called management on three different occasions with housekeeping issues. I would consider only one of them to be major, but the housekeeping service was not up to Marriott standards with several minor issues also appearing daily i.e., leaving used towels left on the counter unattended, not providing new shampoo or conditioner, not removing empty glasses, not putting away ironing boards etc. Managements response was appropriate and attentive.

Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kabul, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Attended the Colorado St Andrews Ball here this past weekend. I have stayed here several times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. I normally stay at the Marriotts because I always know what I will receive. The service is always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rifle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was a delegate to a convention at the Marriott Tech Center, for which the hotel was very accomadating for a large number of us, as the total in attendance at the assembly was 700. The conference center is in the Hotel, and very convient. Their facilities are very comfortable, and very relaxing afterwards...My Husband and myself stayed 2 nights and had a nice buffet breakfast on sunday morning. Our room was nice , quite, and very clean.... The hotel also gave us more than deserving rates. The desk staff was so very nice to us and registered us in with smiles, and even the valet was like our best friend, guiding us to local resturaunts. There is a coffee shop, with deli style sandwiches, coffee, and pasteries.. Also, a resturaunt and bar on premises.... Everything was very nice.... Will look forward to staying again in the future... Also, our drain in our tub was not performing as expected, and I forgot to report it, but our room attandant, was very observant, and orderd a handyman to correct it, and even he was so polite and glad to meet us... How refreshing!

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room ... Overlooks the courtyard and resturaunt.. very pleasant....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The most impressive thing at this hotel was friendly and helpful service. The room was spacious but opened to the Atrium so was subject to noise transmission. The bathroom was ridiculously small with the door barely clearing the front edge of the toilet! It would have been very difficult if there had been two of us trying to get ready. The decor looked like it had been changed because it wasn't worn but it still looked dated and 70's-ish. The climate control fan scared the crapola out of me in the middle of the night when it blasted on like a jet engine, even though I was already wearing earplugs due to the atrium noise. I also didn't care for the bathroom fan running continuously whether the lights were on or not. Mostly these were small annoyances. The big annoyance, as mentioned by other reviewers, was having to pay for parking as a hotel guest in an area where parking is plentiful.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A comfortable and clean hotel, a bit dated in areas such as bathrooms, but overall a good value. Hotel has one restaurant that has decent food and not overpriced. There is a gift and coffee shop that has a number of amenities if you in need a basic item or something small to eat. There are a number of restaurants that are fairly close, and a couple that you can walk to. The hotel offers a shuttle bus that will take you places too. This is located in a business park and not much else around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Denver Marriott Tech Center? Share your experiences!