“Regular Queen Room not very appealing” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Craft Brewery By Bike
Ranked #30 of 147 hotels in Denver
Palatine, Illinois
“Regular Queen Room not very appealing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a nice property, however, as other reviewers have mentioned, when you purchase using Priceline or Hotwire, you will be given the smallest room available with an offer to upgrade for $20-$40 more per night (plus tax). I opted to keep the room I paid for ($136/nt) and was frustrated by the need to climb behind a chair to operate the drapes so I could look out of the window. There was a The room on the 7th floor was right by the elevators which ping quite loudly when the elevator arrives, so I'd avoid this location if at all possible. The noise that would be heard in all rooms at the hotel (and possibly all hotels downtown!) is the incessant multiple blasts from train horns all through the night.

694 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I really appreciated how courteous the employees were. The atmosphere of my room was quite comforting and relaxing. I couldn't hear noises from other rooms. The valet service was always prompt. The location was also great, because you could walk to anywhere you needed to go. I enjoyed my stay in Denver and if I stayed here again I would definitely choose Hotel Teatro. Best hotel I have stayed in by far.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Needed a hotel for one night in downtown Denver. We arrived late and left early so I didnt spend much time at the hotel. It was clean. The room we were in was a suite but it was small. The location was very good, it's in an old building that was converted into a hotel. I f you like that then this is a great hotel.i wasn't expecting this hotel to be that type of property but for one night it was fine.

Pineland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great hotel; service was excellent, people were characteristically friendly. Location was convenient to a bunch of great places in Denver. Wish I could have spent more time, but next time we're there we know where to stay.

Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Teatro Hotel in Denver CO.. I was there on business however it was nice to stay at a place that had two different restaurants and more importantly good service.
I was not happy about spending an additional $29.00 per night on valet. That seems very high being from Los Angeles where we have lots of valets that price is excessive in my opinion they know there is no where for you to park on the streets (all metered) so they got you. Still the food in there two restaurants were very good and above all the service from the front dest to the valet guys to the food staffs. The rooms are tiny and I mean NY tiny but well styled clean there was no microwave or fridge. For a business traveler that can be a bummer but really there is no room for them. I think as a weekend getaway with a lover it is charming but for a week kinda small for two people. For one perfectly charming in all ways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at the Hotel Teatro. Fantastic service, room was comfortable and functional and the hotel will shuttle you anywhere within 2 miles. Great restaurant around the corner, Rioja and The Market has excellent takeout food. Great place to stay in downtown Denver.

Sterling, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had great service and a great stay....Here is the email I sent to the General Manager.

Dear Mr. Plonkey,

I just wanted to let you know we had the pleasure of staying at your hotel for 3 nights and I wanted to compliment you and your staff for a wonderful experience. We couldn’t have been happier with the accommodations as well as the customer service from all your employees. We would also like you to recognize one of your front desk clerks (Rachel) who definitely went above and beyond what was expected. We had checked in early on the 28th, I believe it was around 11:30am and Rachel was able to get us into a room. We went up to the the room and it had not been made up. We went back downstairs and we told her the room wasn’t made up and she was extremely apologetic. We both told her it was understandable and it really wasn’t a issue. Rachel got us another room which was actually nicer than the first room and she also later sent up a bottle of wine for the inconvenience. I cant thank you and your staff enough for the great stay at the hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Teatro? Share your experiences!