“this hotel is a winner” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #30 of 148 Hotels in Denver
los angeles
“this hotel is a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

All the people were extremely helpful. They provide free shuttle around the city. Rooms were reasonably priced for a major city. The beds were particularly comfortable. the location is very close to all the important sights in Denver and alot are in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and really enjoyed ourselves. We were greeted by the valet who removed our liggage from the car and got us right in to check in and showed us to our room. Room was very clean and well decorated. Our only issue with the room was that the bathtub had to run for a while to get the rust color out of the water. The bed was really comfy and sheets were soft. Staff always had a great suggestion for meals within walkibg distance and we were always offered directions when departing by car. Housekeeping staff for turn down service were very difficult to understand beecause english was clearly not their primary language but were very polite. Will be returning for more stays in Denver.

• Stayed June 2013
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Teatro for four nights and upon arrival, I was a bit taken aback at how unfriendly the employees at the front desk were during check in. Fortunately, the hotel is charming, located in a great section of downtown Denver, and the rest of the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Highly recommend the individuals that work at the front desk attain significant customer service training.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Cindy2096,
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, but I am quite surprised to read that our front desk staff was unfriendly during your check-in! We, the management and staff of Hotel Teatro, pride ourselves on offering a warm and welcoming environment to all of our guests during every interaction, and I apologize for our failure to deliver that during your check-in.
I believe that what makes Hotel Teatro truly unique is our ability to offer professional and attentive service while also being warm and personable, and I assure you that the interaction you experienced is not typical of our front desk staff. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to deliver the attentive and friendly “above and beyond” service that we all work so hard to offer.
We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, and again I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Belvederian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I typically don't rave about any hotel, but this one is terrific.
Great downtown location.
Beautifully appointed.
Super friendly and efficient staff.
Very well appointed if smallish room.
Comfy bed.
Excellent room service.
Immaculate cleanliness.
Available complimentary towncar service for downtown trips.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 214 is (a) hard to find (behind elevators) and also beside the roof HVAC systems...so is a litt...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My teenaged son and I stayed at the Hotel Teatro for a three-night long weekend. I arrived at the hotel with a bit of a bad attitude, for reasons I’ll explain below. But I’ve tried not to let those factors influence my review. Over 90% of the ratings I give are either 3-out-of-5 or 4-out-of-5. This hotel earned a 3, because its value for money was good, but not great. At a lower price, it may have earned a higher rating.

We initially paid $167 per night (all in, including taxes) by booking through Priceline. The day before our arrival, we were more or less forced to upgrade our room by paying another $57 per night for a total room rate of $224 per night.

The hotel is what you’d expect for a higher-end “boutique” hotel. The lobby area was small, but the staff were very pleasant and efficient. Both check-in and check-out were lightning fast. Our room was a corner, which had an odd hallway inside the hotel room that led from the entry door to the main part of the hotel room. The room was small by business hotel standards, but not cramped. The room had large windows and was bright in the day, but with sufficient black-out curtains that we could sleep until noon in the morning. I don’t recall being disturbed by street noise at night.

The service level at the Hotel Teatro is high, but we’re pretty low maintenance people, so it’s not something I put a high value on (e.g., one of the bathroom sinks was slow to drain, which I realized was because the plug simply didn’t lift up enough when set to the “open” position. I spent 5 minutes under the sink to readjust it myself rather than make a big deal of it with the front desk). Hotel staff always opened the door for you when you arrived and they always offered directions when you departed.

My only real complaint about the room was the ventilation system. As far as I could tell, the central system was always on, which resulted in a noisy fan sound that ran 24/7. It wasn’t really a problem for me, because it was a steady type of “white noise”. But for anyone who needs silence to sleep, this could be a big problem.

We left our “do not disturb” sign up the whole weekend, because we couldn’t be bothered to have housekeeping come in. We didn’t use any of the other hotel amenities (e.g., room service), so I can’t comment on them either. The “included” wi-fi was nice, as was the local newspaper delivered each morning. The bathrooms were excellent, including a mini TV and glass-wall shower, separate from the large bath tub. We did have trouble getting the “rainforest” shower head to deliver water at a constant temperature. The main room TV was a little disappointing (small flat-screen with distorted images due to lack of HD programming).

The hotel does not have on-site parking and their valet service at $29 per night seemed pretty steep. Indeed, if you were to pay the parking charge and consider it a part of the room rate, our cost would have increased to $253 per night. At least the hotel employee was good enough to point out the parkade across the street, which only charged $19 per night.

Were I to book again under the same circumstances, however, I’d almost certainly stay elsewhere, even though we enjoyed our stay. I booked the room 6 months in advance via Priceline. For some reason, Priceline automatically inserted a default request into my booking to indicate that I wanted a room with 1 bed. This obviously wasn’t going to work with my 15 year old son and me. The few times I’ve booked hotels with Priceline, I’ve been at least somewhat disappointed with the outcome. I need to remind myself that there is no flexibility with Priceline to get a room with amenities that are important to me.

What I should have done was contact the hotel earlier to confirm the room configuration. I didn’t think there was any point in trying to do this when I booked in December. We waited until the night before to confirm our reservation, at which point they indicated they didn’t have any rooms with 2 beds and while they could accommodate the room we had with a cot for my son, it would be a tight and awkward fit. I reluctantly agreed to upgrade to the corner room which was a little bigger. I’m pretty sure my son would have preferred a room with a proper bed.

The other problem was just getting to the hotel. Because of the one-way streets in downtown Denver, any traffic issue has the potential to cause chaos. Two streets on the GPS route to the hotel were blocked off for a chalk art festival (which was kind of cool). However, it created such traffic havoc that it took us 30 minutes to travel a distance that should have taken 5. It took us three attempts to reach the hotel (once from the north-west, once from the north-east and finally from the south-west). I’m not sure what the hotel could have done about it (other than perhaps send an email in advance warning arriving guests to find an alternate route), but it was still annoying.

The hotel was in perfect location to walk to Coors Field to catch a Rockies game Saturday and to Pepsi Center to see a concert Sunday. It was also just a couple blocks from the Convention Center. Overall, the hotel was satisfactory and very comfortable. But with the price I ultimately paid and the smallish room and lack of things I might normally expect from a high-end hotel (e.g., swimming pool), I rate the Teatro as quite good but not great, and certainly not “above average” for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gunnison, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We've been staying at Hotel Teatro twice a year for the past three years, and it's wonderful. The level of service has never wavered, nor have the amenities, rooms, and overall presentation of the hotel. My wife and I are academics and live in a rural area of Colorado, but are originally from the NYC area. So twice a year -- in May and December -- we need to get out of our more tourist-oriented town and get some culture and a more cosmopolitan atmosphere. The Teatro is the perfect place to stay for that. Best of all, Hotel Teatro is dog-friendly, and they never fail to have a bowls and treats ready for our Corgi. The Teatro is conveniently located , and within walking distance of several attractions in Denver. We've stayed in various types of rooms, and all have been wonderfully appointed, clean, and comfortable. Front desk and concierge services are impeccable. If driving to the Teatro, the valet service and garage fee is well worth the additional cost over parking it in a garage on your own.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for several days and had an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We received personal attention and all the staff that we encountered were helpful and friendly. We used the car service to get to and from a few locations that were outside of the walking distance of the hotel. This service was helpful and quick.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Teatro? Share your experiences!