“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Naples, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel is beautiful but I have to agree that the "noise" that the couple next door made sounded as if they were in our room.
Not sure if the good deal that I got put me in a room at the very end of the hall with a view of the roof and not much else. Also did not need a wheelchair accessible room, but found myself there too.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again but I am booking with the hotel directly and being very specific of the room type.
Great, friendly staff and modern decor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your time!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and will be staying with us again. We also highly suggest calling us directly to make sure your reservation is exactly what you want.

We can't wait to have you back with us!

737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
denver,co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I would say it was just okay. My wife and I stayed there for our 4th anniversary. We had the Mediterranean suite. Wasn't really worth $300+. The room is on such a low floor you wake up to AM downtown Denver traffic. Service was good though. Large chain hotels are much nicer.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, both negative and positive.

Our suites are located on all seven of our floors, so it sounds like you had a suite on a lower floor. We apologize that the location was not what you expected. We hope you were still able to have an enjoyable anniversary celebration while you were here.

If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact the hotel directly, and we'd be happy to talk.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, room was clean and modern, and the staff was very welcoming and professional. If not for the incredibly poor soundproofing of the room, I might have given this hotel 5 stars. I was woken up at 1:00 am by the people next door (loud music and talking). Had to call up the front desk and they sent up security, but the people next door slammed doors and spoke in the hallways for the next 2 hours. Another night, I was woken up at 6:00 am by the person in the next room (other side) who was talking on his phone. It sounded like he was in the room with me and I could hear his entire conversation. Elevator kept dinging all night. This is after requesting a quiet room when I made my reservation. My sleep is too important to me to return to this hotel again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We really appreciate hearing feedback from our guests, both positive and negative.

We are so sorry to hear that you did not sleep soundly during your time with us. We realize that some of our rooms have connecting doors, and can be close to the elevator, so we apologize that we were unable to accomodate your requests.

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your stay further.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Checked into Hotel Monaco this past Saturday and Laura made sure to make our stay memorable & romantic ! The social wine hour was a nice addition but what really made this couple smile was Ace the Golden Retriever. How cool would be if every Kimpton property had a mascot ! This is a cool spot in Denver, dog friendly & of course great service. Laura and I believe Paul (bellman) & the Fella that was Ace's dad were gems !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your time with us. We loved reading it, especially Ace! His tail was wagging with excitement.

We're so happy to hear that your time with us was both romantic and fun. We hope you'll think of us whenever you need a getaway!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I travelled to Colorado for a friend's wedding. Even though it was outside Denver, I decided to book a room at Hotel Monaco because of its reputation. It was worth the extra driving. I work in a cutomer/client service field, so I'm always extra aware of the service hotels offer. But the staff at Hotel Monaco didn't give me the chance to do any critiquing because they were on top of their game. From the moment I pulled up to the moment I checked out, I felt like I was a guest in a family member's home. In such a beautiful and elegant space, it's easy to feel like you have to walk on tip-toes, but the staff made me feel like I could prop up my feet and relax. It helps when complimentary sangria and 5-minute back-rubs are offered each day (big smile). I just never felt like I was forcing someone to go out of their way to help me. Everyone wanted to help; they were eager to help. Since I was on the road quite a bit, I had a cooler filled with ice and cold food and beverages. Paul (I believe I have his name correct) offered to empty out the melted ice and refill the cooler with fresh ice. I didn't even mention needing it; it was simply something he observed and suggested. It's that pro-active service that sets Hotel Monaco apart. Another unique tid-bit: the maid service leaves a personalized note for their guests. It was thoughtful, personal, and I felt even more connected to the staff and service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We really loved hearing about your stay.

We are so flattered that you decided to stay with us, even though the wedding you attended was outside of town - we're blushing!

We hope you'll think of us each time you are in, or around, the Mile High City.

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband had business in Denver and he selected this hotel based on reviews. One block to 16th Street Mall. We are walkers, so it was great staying here and being able to WALK everywhere all over the city. The hotel staff is very friendly. Always asking if you need anything. Always with smiles on their faces.
We had a lovely room on the 4th floor. The bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms are very spacious. There is a very long list of items in the bathroom that Monaco offers for FREE if you have forgotten anything at all while traveling. Sweet.
We had one incident our first night there. 2am and someone who has obviously been partying way too much was trying to get into our room. It woke us immediately as this person tried over and over again to use his key card in our door. We called the front desk immediately and they sent Security to handle the situation. Monaco went beyond the call of duty to apologize over and over again for us being inconvenienced esp at that hour.
The next morning, as my husband left for his 7:30am meeting, he stopped by the front desk and asked if they would send me up a cup of tea for our inconvenience AND they did and it was a wonderful POT of "Mighty Leaf" tea. (My new favorite tea after having it at Monaco!)
While my husband was off to his meeting, I was working at my laptop in the room. Husband returned at 4pm and off we went walking. We stopped by the front desk to ask them to 'make up our room' even though it was late AND they said "absolutely"! When we returned there was a lovely bottle of wine and two wine glasses and a platter of fruit with a lovely note saying "Good Evening, Mr and Mrs, from the Monaco Hotel"! WOW! What a nice surprise!
Upon check out, the front desk informed us that they were comping us one night's stay due to the incident that happened while we were staying there! Sweet!

As far as one of the restaurants we ate at: MARCO's COAL-FIRED PIZZA on Larimer down next to COORS FIELD. OMG absolutely delicious!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We really appreciate hearing feedback from our guests!

We are sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay with us, but we are pleased to know that you were happy with the resolution of the problem.

We do hope you'll decided to stay with us again the next time you are in the Denver area.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

this was my second time staying at hotel monaco on champa and 17th - one block from 16th street mall. not only does the hotel offer clean, fresh and well appointed rooms at reasonable rates ($160-200/night) - the location is simply unbeatable. the traffice to the hotel isn't bad, your car is valet parked, it's only 20 minutes from the airport and offers easy access to whitewater rafting, zip-lining, mountain hikes, shopping, socializing, sushi restaurants, european style cafe's, dancing, micro breweries, tab-rooms. the hotel also has an aveda spa on site. the breakfast is tasty, inexpensive and the hotel staff is friendly, un-hurried and helpful. i would like to mention one especially helpful front recption desk staff member, adam k. who should get a recommendation from his superior for his patience and friendliness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time with us. We really appreciate hearing about your stay!

It sounds like you were able to enjoy quite a few offerings in the Denver area, as well as at our hotel. We hope you'll think of us the next time you are looking for a Mile High adventure!

Assistant Guest Services Manager

Been to Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!