“love it!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Hotel Monaco in December. Wow, we got upgraded to a suite on the top floor! Lovely! Spacious, bright and quiet (at least in the bedroom, when we sat in the living room, you could hear a lot of activity in the hallway, which was fine) and the decor was fantastic.

Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly. When our heat went out in our room, they fixed it immediately. And, the hotel restaurant has THE BEST happy hour! Not to mention, the best Bloody Mary I've ever had.

Great value, great location. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and the upgrade to one of our suites!

Don't forget to check out that happy hour at Panzano the next time you are in town! They host it each and every day from 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM.

We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Colorado Springs CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the Monaco Denver three times last year. For my third visit, I decided to take my nephews (ages 9 & 14) for an overnight Christmas break get-a-way. This also marked my first stay as an Inner Circle member.
We were upgraded to a room with a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa bed in the sitting area; I found the room to be a bit on the small side for three people. While we did receive a welcome amenity, it did not match my inner circle preferences. I guess I expected more creativity considering I had placed in the reservation and called in advance to be sure they knew children would be occupying the room and that this trip was specifically for them as we attended Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo.
Upon preparing to pull out the sofabed, I found a stocking cap. Seeing as it did not belong to either of the boys, it clearly had been left by another guest and not picked up by housekeeping much to my dismay. There was no bedding for the sofabed in the room, so I was forced to call housekeeping for linens. I commend the housekeeper for going above and beyond by making the bed up for me. One of the boys called down for utensils and they were never sent up. He ended up going to the restaurant downstairs and picking them up himself. On this weekend before Christmas, I did not find the front desk staff to be as outgoing and friendly as I remember on past stays.
Bottom line: The Monaco Denver could stand to take some lessons from the Monaco Philadelphia!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would to take a moment to apologize for the lackluster service you received during your stay. We strive to wow all our guests, and especially our Inner Circle guests. And as this was your first stay as an Inner Circle member, I am so sorry that we missed the mark on your amenity.

I hope that you'll give us another chance to impress you. If you do come back, please let me know in advance so I can personally roll out the red carpet for you, so to speak.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to reach out to me at Lauren.Cox@hotelmonaco.com or 303-294-3014.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

lovecultures
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friend and I shared a room for 5 days, it was clean and we didn't have any problems with the place other than low shower pressure, we asked them to fix it but it didn't change anything. The shower fixture was old and they should have replaced it as it didn't work very well.

Room Tip: make sure to check out the water pressure before unpacking!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry to hear that you had problems with you shower. I assure you this is something we will look into and take very seriously.

We hope you'll give us another chance when you travels bring you to Denver, and are looking forward to go above and beyond upon your next visit.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is great. The location is terrific, and I always leave with the feeling that the staff has tried to go the extra mile at each request. All in all, a top Denver hotel. Not the tops in luxury, but very high end and nice, and an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We strive to be the best we can, and we love to hear feedback from all our guests.

We hope you'll business travels will continue to bring you our way, and each time we will go that extra mile to take care of you.

Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here in mid-January for an anniversary celebration and go attend a special exhibition at the Denver Art Museum. The Monaco is everything I would expect from the wonderful Kimpton chain - comfortable and beautifully decorated lobby and rooms, wine hour, and friendly, competent service. The hotel is also an easy one-block walk from the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall, and only about 8 short blocks from the vibrant LoDo area. This would easily be my first choice for Denver lodging the next time we come here. The hotel restaurant and bar (Panzano) is also outstanding.

Room Tip: Request a high floor if you're worried about traffic noise, although we heard virtually nothing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us. We love hearing your feedback.

It also sounds like you were able to take advantage of our Becoming Van Gogh package! We really hope you enjoyed the exhibit!

We hope you'll think of us the next time you are in the Denver area. Whether it be to stay the night, or to enjoy our amazing restaurant, Panzano.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Monaco for two nights to visit the downtown Denver area prior to a week long ski trip at Beaver Creek. The Monaco was absolutely wonderful with the greatest staff ever! I travel quite a bit; when you experience high quality service, you definitely get spoiled and expect it elsewhere. The Monaco will do this to you, as the hotel staff and doormen were phenomenal.
The hotel itself is gorgeous with large, expansive clean rooms. The hotel is also within walking distance of the 16th Street Mall and other various downtown attractions. Stay here! You won't regret it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so happy you enjoyed being spoiled! It was our pleasure to take care of you during your stay.

We hope you'll think of us the next time you are taking a skiing trip! Swing by before or after your way up to the mountains, and we will take care of you once more.

San Clemente, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We visited Denver in mid-October for my cousin's Graduation. We stayed here because I was so impressed with how my dogs were treated when we stayed in another Hotel Monaco in Salt Lake City, UT. Ever since then, I've been a loyal fan of Kimpton Hotels.
So I thought it would only be appropriate to stay at Hotel Monaco. The decor was very inviting. The receptionists were very welcoming. I also asked for a goldfish for our room to keep us company while our puppies stayed home and they delivered asap. The hotel also provides Wine Social at 5pm everyday! It's a great way to meet other guests and locals in the area. The hotel is also a walking distance to all the downtown shops. The location is very convenient to the free shuttle. We will definitely stay here again... Love this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thanks for thinking of us as your "home away from home"! We love hearing such great reviews from our guests!

We are also happy you were able to take advantage of our "Guppy Love" program and enjoy a goldfish companion during your stay. Maybe next time we will get to meet the pups!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Assistant Guest Services Manager

Been to Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!