“Very nice Hip Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 Champa St. at 17th, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 148 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very nice Hip Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

during my stay there courtasy of Maui wawi. ive really enjoyed their hospitality . it was a bussiness trip and the rooms of this hotel are very unique and trendy. so were their food. i would defnitly go back there again if i ever visit denver.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and thanks for taking the time to write a nice review!

We hope you'll keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Denver! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in October on business. Great room at a great price. The staff was very helpful. Excellent wine reception every evening with free massages as well. Highly recommended. Great location as well in downtown Denver.

Room Tip: High floor corner room is the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! We truly appreciate it.

We're glad you were able to enjoy our "Altitude Adjustment" hour during your stay with us. Make sure to check that out each time you stay with us, as we host it nightly from 5 PM - 6 PM.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our experience with the Monaco was a little disappointing. We had a holiday party and booked 30+ rooms. For the money we spent and the promises made left us very disappointed. The bathrooms in the event area were messy and out of tissue. I had guests going up to their rooms to avoid using them. For the event itself, there was another party next door and people from that party mingled over to our bar and appetizers. The cocktail area was too small for our group and was very warm and uncomfortable. The tables were set up with 9 place settings. All our guests came in couples so I had to have them change the set up so our guests could all sit with their spouses. Some of the dinners were not served until after 8:30. The food was so disappointing. Most guests left at 10:00 when the bar ran out of beer. I just didn't feel like we got "the Kimpton experience".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would be happy to discuss the issues you’ve outlined; please contact Sarah at 303-294-3057.

Thank you and happy holidays.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A really lovely place to stay! Loved my goldfish and the cool bed. The restaurant is super as well....The staff are committed to there work and are very friendly...........In the lobby you will find coffe, the and hot chocolate that you can enjoy in the morning hours with a newspaper next to the cosy fireplace....great!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for the nice review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Monaco Denver.

We're also happy that you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee, tea, and hot chocolate service! We have that out each morning for our guests.

Please keep us in mind anytime you find yourself in Denver!

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in Denver. I have stayed here a few times and each time I leave I always wonder why I would even think about staying any other place when I'm in Denver.
The staff is amazing, the pet policy encourages a fun atmosphere. I don't always bring my pet, but I still enjoy the Monaco. When I bring my dog it's even more fun. They have a welcoming policy for pets, which removes the stigma I sometimes feel when traveling with our Yorkiepoo.
If you haven't stayed here you should. If you like animals and a friendly place with outstanding service, this is the place to stay in Denver. It's downtown, within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and lots of fun things to do.
On one visit I had a business meeting and the Monaco staff found us a great dogsitter who came to the hotel. My meeting went late and the sitter had to leave, when we returned my dog was at the front desk having a great time waiting for our return.
The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with amazing beds and linens. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The workout facility is great and open at all hours and has great equipment. I worked out late and there was plenty of cold bottled water, towels, earphones, apples and of course it was very clean as this whole property always is.
This last stay I asked about an upgrade when we checked in and was upgraded to a very comfortable suite. It was the last day of a two week driving vacation and we were beat. The staff seems to always pick up on the mood of the guests. We went to our room and very shortly a bottle of wine was delivered to our room compliments of our bellman.
After having a few nights of mediocre hotels, this was the perfect place for the last night of our vacation. Our dog loves the Monaco as much as we do!

Room Tip: If you need anything ask, the staff is always very helpful. I love having a goldfish in my room. If...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review. We are so happy to hear you had a great stay at the end of your vacation!

Your yorkiepoo is as welcome here as you are, and we're glad your dog enjoyed the stay as well!

We hope you'll keep us in mind anytime your travels bring you to the Mile HIgh City, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the Denver Monaco this past week and I gotta say it.. it was my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in. The decor is awesome. The restaurant, Panzano, is insanely delicious- the service was phenomenal and we were treated like royalty. The hotel staff were great. Friendly and helpful and always smiling. Great recommendations from Parker, Dane, and both Laurens! Thank you all! I already miss having my morning coffee by the fireplace in the lobby. What a beautiful trip. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It's great to hear such wonderful feedback from our guests.

We're glad you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee and tea service, while enjoying that great fireplace!

Keep us in mind the next time you are in the Denver area! We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Santa Maria, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The pets are welcome policy makes a friendly clientele. The staff is kind, helpful, and gracious. We arrived without a pet, and were offered a goldfish to cheer the room. Love it! The decor was unusual and pleasing, a place with a difference (besides the dogs!) Happy Hour was attended by canine and human guests, and again, the dogs made conversation with strangers easy. Breakfast the next morning was delicious with good service. Comfortable bed, nice linens, dog dishes and pad on floor...all made for a relaxing and good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us. We love hearing great feedback such as yours!

Our wine hour is every evening from 5 PM - 6 PM, so make sure to swing by for that each time you stay with us, and keep an eye out for some furry friends! We love pets, and every time you stay, our "Guppy Love" program is available to you so that you may have a pet goldfish for your stay!

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Director of Guest Services

Been to Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!