“Another great Kimpton experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 Champa St. at 17th, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Swing Batter Batter
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
las vegas
“Another great Kimpton experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Another great stay in a Kimpton hotel. My husband and I take an anniversary trip every year and this year we decided on Denver. We were thrilled to learn that there was a Kimpton hotel in the heart of downtown, so we booked it right away. We had planned to just check out the town, that was before the snow and cold set in. Since our room was so cozy, we spent a good portion of our weekend cuddled up in the big comfy bed. The room was really cute and decorated with a fun Western theme. I loved the cow print throw blanket, it was so fuzzy and warm, perfect for cuddling up on those cold days. The room was small, but it had everything we needed. My one and only suggestion would be to invest in a double shower head, that would have been the icing on the cake. I love the modern flair of the rooms and the fact that you can get a goldfish friend to keep you company. I also love that they have a little wine and appetizer happy hour everyday. We did check that out one day and it was quite crowded. I wish they had more than one appetizer offering each day though, I was not a fan of the one option they had the day we went. The lobby is really well decorated and welcoming, so I could definitely see why the happy hour is such a success. In fact, we spent about an hour in front of the fireplace in the lobby before heading to the airport. They also have free coffee and tea in the mornings. The service here is nothing but top notch! When we checked in we were given a map of the city and the representative even took the time to explain different parts of the city to us. We also forgot a few toiletries and they were promptly delivered to our room. This hotel really has it all, cool modern comfortable rooms, great service, and a great location. I am convinced that you will never be disappointed by a Kimpton hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate hearing about our guests' great experiences.

We are thrilled that you chose to spend your anniversary with us this year as well. We hope you'll keep up in mind for all those special events! Remember each time you stay with us to request that goldfish. We want to spread the "Guppy Love"! And any time you're travels bring you to Denver, don't forget to stop by for our wine hour each night from 5 PM - 6 PM. It seems like you really enjoyed it!

From all of us at Hotel Monaco and Panzano, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

One night was not enough! What a gem this hotel is! Wonderful, accommodating staff, a beautiful room, nice bath products, and a super comfy bed! I don't want to leave, and I hope I have a reason to return real soon! BTW, the jogging path information provided in the room was a great idea, and we used it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully you'll be able to stay with us a little longer next time!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Denver was having some sort of conference overload but I managed to get a room at the Hotel Monaco and I have to say it didn't disappoint. The staff were so thoughtful and friendly, Panzano is an exceptional restaurant and Kimpton should be proud of this hotel. My colleagues were staying at the Four Seasons and the contrast between the service at the Monaco (exceptional but not overbearing) and the Four Seasons where we had a drink the bar and the waitress forgot our water 5 times, was extraordinary. Everyone I interacted with at the Monaco was top notch. Definitely staying there again the next time I'm in Denver. Well done.

Room Tip: I was on a lower floor than the last time I'd been there but the noise level was just fine so I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

From all of us at Hotel Monaco and Panzano, thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We appreciate hearing great feedback such as yours!

We hope you'll keep us in mind any time your travels bring you to the Mile High city, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I travel a lot for work, and I can say this was by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. First of all, they have a wonderful wine happy hour like all Kimpton hotels. This one includes a free 5 minute MASSAGE. Secondly, they gave us free drink tickets to use at the restaurant. Third, they give you a $10 credit to use in their mini-bar. They have a nice exercise facility. And finally, they have FREE bikes you can check out. I took a bike down the Cherry Creek path. It was beautiful.

The service was excellent. The rooms were clean. The location is excellent. It's a no-brainer. I really love this place and if I ever go back to Denver, I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

First off, WOW! Thank you so much for such an amazing review! It seems like you have a wonderful time with us, and that feels great!

We are really happy that you were able to experience our brand new fitness facility, as well as take advantage of our complimentary bikes. Be sure to borrow them anytime you stay with us!

And next time, swing by for our wine hour each evening from 5 PM - 6 PM. You'll be able to grab a fantastic five-minute massages once more!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here about a month ago for a business trip. The staff was excellent. The room was spacious, comfortable, and quiet. And the extra amenities, like the happy hour were wonderful. I especially liked the free wifi and the $10 minibar coupon. Also, Panzano is one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Denver.

However, the decor leaves something to be desired. Even though I live in Houston today, I grew up in Colorado. This place reinforces the stereotype that people from the coasts impose upon Colorado, that's nothing more than a big cow-town in fly-over country. Everywhere you look you see cow hide or cow statues. There's so much more to Colorado and the Rocky Mountains than this. It felt more like Texas than Colorado, and maybe that's the point.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that is not on the north east side of the building. Otherwise you'll...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy that your enjoyed the complimentary wifi, and $10 "Raid the Mini Bar" credit you received. You'll receive that each and every time you stay with us!

We hope you'll think of us the next time you are in the area, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pocatello, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

As usual, the service and the room were both great! They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time on our trip. We had a small problem with the heat in our room, but they fixed it quickly and offered us unexpected, but appreciated, compensation. (Nothing over the top, but, again, unexpected and appreciated!) If there is a Kimpton hotel in any city I travel to, it is always my first choice!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so mich for taking the time to right such a great review. We truly appreciate hearing feedback such as yours.

We are also glad that we were able to quickly take care of any issues you had during your stay.

Keep us in mind anytime your travels bring you to Denver, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've stayed here a few times and I absolutely love it. The rooms are beautiful, and for our last stay the friendly front desk clerk asked what the occasion was and when my wife said it was her birthday they upgraded us to a huge suite with a nice city view. Panzano restaurant and the Veda spa are also both absolutely fantastic. The complimentary wine and small bites happy hour at 5 is also a great touch and brings together the guests. The only catch is that the Panzano happy hour is not to be missed, and it ends at 6 so be sure to head over there before it's over!

Room Tip: The corner suites with a city view are excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Monaco Denver - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a great review of our hotel. We truly appreciate hearing your wonderful feedback.

We are so happy you enjoyed the suite! Be sure to let us know of any special occasion you spend with us, so we may continue taking great care of you! We're glad that you enjoyed our complimentary wine hour. Remember to check that out anytime you stay with us. We host it each evening from 5 PM until 6 PM.

Once again, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you will think of us everytime you visit Denver!