“A Perfect Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   934 16th St., Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“A Perfect Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spent six nights at the down-town Denver Courtyard Mariott and highly recommend this hotel for your Denver visit. My original accommodations fell through and I was scrambling for a place to stay. I was so pleased with this choice. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room I had had two queen beds and a very high ceiling. The sink area had a nice long counter with a separate room for the toilet and the tub. Free wifi. Very comfy bed.

Right outside the door is the city's free bus that runs down 16th. I was able to get from the Convention Centre to the Pepsi Centre easily and quickly. Walgrens just a block a way and lots of restaurants to enjoy nearby. Rialto restaurant attached to the hotel and you can get a coupon from the desk for this restaurant. I recommend Sam's next door as well.

This hotel does not have a pool or free breakfast but don't let this stop you from staying here. It is wonderful.

Room Tip: My room had an outside window facing a beautiful mountain view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sarah M, Guest Service Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed your six night stay with us, and were able to get around Denver easily. I hope that you will think of our hotel the next time you are in Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I returned to this hotel for our anniversary, after using it for our wedding one year earlier. We were able to have the same room as for our wedding - a beautiful and very spacious king suite. The bed and linenes were wonderfully comfortable.
The hotel was in the process of their Christmas season decorating and the lobby was beautifully decorated with colorful lights and garland and bright red mini-trees. What could be better than having a Starbucks and the Rialto Cafe in the same building!? Walk or jump on the 16th St bus and easily go anywhere in the city.
The front desk staff were professional and friendly. I would highly recommend this Courtyard for any Denver visit.

Room Tip: Room 525 - corner king suite - great view, high enough to not be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our King suites are certainly one of my favorite rooms in the hotel. I'm pleased that you also enjoyed our decorations, you must stop by now that they are finished, they look marvelous! We hope to see you soon, maybe you can make a tradition of staying every anniversary!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. It's located on the 16th street pedestrian mall. Complimentary coffee and hot beverages were available in the lobby every morning. There were also free computer stations for printing boarding passes. Location was great. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm deliighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly enjoyed our prime downtown location. I hope that you will think of us the next time you are in Denver.
laramie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Always enjoy staying here. Rooms are great and staff is always friendly and helpful. Have never had an issue until the last visit over this last weekend. It seemed like everyone working at the valet stand was inattentive and rude. It was almost as if we were putting them out by asking for service. Still plan on booking here again for a visit in December.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm happy to hear that you usually enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback about the valet attendants, I can assure you that this will be addressed. We look forward to seeing you in December.
Woodland Park, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every one of our expectations of this hotel were exceeded. The place feels like a private club, and the way we were treated was like royals. The environment is so welcoming, the decor stunning, the room sensational, the views exciting! I have never seen a more professional and caring staff. We were blown away by how gorgeous and immaculate the room was. The bed and bath linens are top-drawer, and the furnishings very chic. You cannot find a better location in downtown Denver. This was an unforgettable stay, and we cannot wait to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing you review with the TripAdvisor community. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and are excited to return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Excellent facility, great restaurant, gym was good, loved that they had a laundry for visitors, good location for shopping and helpful staff. Be careful with trips to mountains as the recommended tour guide was terrible! Quite funny really - on way back (on highway) he proceeded (when on the highway) to tell us about a truck that had veered off highway and ploughed into cars killing 8 people........

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah M, Guest Service Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and it looks like you were able to enjoy a lot of the amenities that our property has to offer, as well as exploring the many shops in the downtown area. I'm sorry to hear about your tour guide, hopefully the majesty of the Colorado rocky mountains still made it worth the trip! I hope that you will consider our hotel when you next travel to Denver.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was just in town for a business trip and decided to bring family along to extend the trip and do a couple days of sightseeing. The staff was very easy to work with, always made sure that I had what I needed and was always making sure that I had everything I needed. As far as location, (for business) only about 3 easy walking blocks from the covention center and steps away from FANTASTIC food. (for pleasure) It is located on the 16th street mall which made things REAL easy to jump off and on the free local transit.
For someone that travels 40 weeks a year for business, I have to say, I will MOST CERTAINLY stay here again the next time I am in Denver!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sarah M, Guest Services Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and found our associates to be helpful and courteous. It's always nice to mix a little business with pleasure, and i'm pleased that you got to experience some of the many things that downtown Denver has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!