“Great Experience for Stay and Park at Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canon City, Colorado
“Great Experience for Stay and Park at Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This was an A-l experience for "stay and park" while traveling out of state from Denver International Airport. The room was nice, the people very accomodating, the continental breakfast a nice addition, and the van service to the airport was well organized and the driver friendly and helpful. When considering the normal cost of parking, the cost of the room, the breakfast for two, this is an exceptional value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I booked this hotel via Marriott.com as a long-time Marriott rewards member usually staying 30+ nights a year in Marriott properties. The pictures, amenities, and location on the website looked reasonable for the $150+ I paid. However, when I opened the door to the room, I was quite disappointed. I guess I'm looking for too much for $150 close to the Denver airport.

The hotel is very dated and the rooms are in need of serious update. The room was good sized with a king bed, but had old carpet (dark, but I think it was clean) and very dated furnishings. I felt like I was stepping back into the 70s (or maybe 80s). Everything from the 24" CRT TV, thin/uncomfortable mattress, wall heat/aircon unit without a thermostat, and absolutely cheap soap/shampoo screamed Motel 6. I really wish I had booked the Courtyard.

I would've been okay with the room if the bed linens were not so thin and the towels not so old and scratchy. I can sleep almost anywhere as long as there are good linens and nice towels. No so here.

Parking is also quite limited for a hotel of this size. It was quite full when I arrived and I had difficulty fitting my large rental SUV into one of the few, tiny spots available.

The room did have a mini-fridge and a small microwave (neither of which I used) and it is in a good location just a few miles from the airport. They also have free wireless. Otherwise, there weren't really any other positives. Okay, one other positive was the staff - they were very professional and friendly.

I'll look elsewhere when flying out of Denver in the future. I'd like to stay with a Marriott property, but won't if this is the quality to be found in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Green River, Wyoming, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We selected the Fairfield Inn because we needed a hotel close to the airport to catch an early flight. At check in we were swiftly taken care of. We were asked if we needed a wakeup call and what time we needed the shuttle. Breakfast was good with a nice selection of grab and go food.

The shuttle driver was happy and helpful and didn't mind that we had 4 sets of golf clubs in tow. It is so nice to be dropped off right at the curb to check in and forget the hassle of airport parking.

Upon our return we met the airport shuttle exactly where they told us. We waited maybe 4 minutes. Again with a cheerful driver who not only delivered us back to the airport, but right to our vehicle.

We will definitely stay at this hotel next time we fly from Denver.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The Fairfield Inn DIA staff is awesome. When staying here for business they meet all the requests that I have. While the rooms show their age, the staff and free amenities make this a hotel with a good value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Quick, hassle-free check in. High speed internet was great. Rooms were small and not too impressive, but certainly good enough just to get some sleep.

One major complaint was that the staff did not ever tell us we needed to make a reservation for shuttle to take us back to the airport at 5:45am the next morning. Luckily the shuttle service was able to accommodate us. Otherwise we may not have been able to get on one and could have missed our flight.

One major compliment: I left some shoes in my room as I hurried to leave my room early for the shuttle. Realizing my mistake, I called the hotel immediately. They sent the shoes out via UPS to me that day. I have yet to receive them, but it was only 2 days ago and I specifically told them to send via UPS ground. Thanks Fairfield.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Lincoln, NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I expected more from a Fairfield Inn....

1. Couldn't find the fitness center--looked on the map twice--and no one was at the front desk we I walked by, so I gave up.

2. The bed was terrible.....kept waking up.

3. Breakfast left more to be desired.

Location, price, and service were all adequate.

Final verdict: Next time at DIA, I will be staying elsewhere

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Eads, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

This is a typical fairfield. clean & friendly. The hottub, however, was green and not hot. about the only negative. I got this room for $45 on priceline, and that included a suttle to the airport. That is so much easier than parking. The free breakfast didn't have a whole lot of choices, but started early for us that had a flight early in the mornig.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport? Share your experiences!