“Very good for business trips” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 148 hotels in Denver
CROFTON
“Very good for business trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Hotel offers complimentary breakfast and dinner. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The food is of good quality and they offer beer and wine. There's an indoor pool. The mattress felt like it was dated. But other than that, would deffinetly recommend it to friends and families.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodStsGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you had a nice stay here with us. And hopefully you can come back to our hotel. Enjoy the property on a vacation and bring the whole family. We hope to see you soon back at the Homewood Suites DIA.

535 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and I always enjoy it – except the breakfast. Upon arrival, they had given our two queen suite away so we were accommodated with two adjoining Kings which turned out very nicely for my mother and me. I do recommend to anyone traveling that you always have your reservation with prices printed. The gentleman checking us in adjusted the price ahead of time but it was not adjusted to what I quoted at the time of my reservation. This was corrected upon check-out with no complaints from the staff. I had this same thing to happen before at another hotel except they claimed a higher price until I presented the paper, so again, bring your printed reservation.
Now, with that out of the way. This is a great location for a trip to Denver. The highway, airport and good places to eat are all close by. The hotel itself always has the most pleasant staff which is hard to beat in my book. The guest laundry is clean, well lit and one of the nicest I have ever seen. The workout room is small but efficient and clean. The pool area is also great for a family or for just doing laps if you can get it alone which there was no one there when I went down in midday during a July 4th weekend. The rooms themselves are also very clean, large and have a great kitchen and bath area. The beds are not too soft or too hard. The computer area has two computers for research and airline check in. I forget if printing is allowed.

I really like that this hotel is located right next to great eating. In fact, we parked the car and just walked across the street to UNO Grill and right next to that is Outback. Across the street from UNO is Ted’s Montana Grill. When you pull out of the Drive and are sitting at 40th avenue, make a right and within one mile you will see Kentucky Fried Chicken, Subway, a Mexican restaurant on the right hand side and a few more places on the left. Get to the end of the road (about a mile long) and arrive at an intersection (a ‘T’). Form there you can see Sonic, Taco Bell and Long John Silver (fish and chips) to the right kitty corner. A Conoco gas station is also to the right. If you go left at this intersection, you cross over the bridge, this is the ramp to HWY 70, you will find a less crowded and more maneuverable area and another gas station - Shamrock gas. This is also the place to get breakfast - Jack in the Box or Burger King.

Speaking of breakfast. It does annoy me while my mother was eating cereal in the lounge of Homewood, that I could not even get a good cup of coffee. My only complaint of this hotel.

One last thing I would like to mention is the shuttle. The front desk will tell you it takes 15 minutes to get to the airport and to be there 2 hours before departure. I called my airline and they said to be there one hour before. Well, this is not entirely true for either. As the day goes on, the shuttle gets later and later for being on time. Many things beyond their control can happen. For instance, we scheduled the 9:15 am shuttle. It had to stop at the Hampton Inn right next to us first (the shuttle servers two hotels) so it was about 5 minutes late. Then we waited for a minute on someone who never came. We get to the first stop at the Airport at 9:42 am. They will tell you that one can walk through to other side but my mom has limitations with walking so we opted to be driven to the other side and now it was 9:50 am. By the time we checked in and went through security we sat in our chair at 10:40 am. As one can see, neither the front desk or the airline was entirely correct. I only mentioned this because some people like to do things at the LAST MINUTE. If I had of assumed I would get to the Airport at 9:30 am and getting through everything by 10:30 am, I would have been out of luck. It could cost you because this is a VERY busy airport. We left on a Monday after July 4th. We have been here not during a holiday and it was just only a little less busy.

I will always choose to stay at this hotel regardless of the horrible breakfast. Service, cleanliness and a good bed are always trump.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time give us this great review on TripAdvisor! We love to see the detailed reviews so that others can get information from them. I am happy that we worked out your rate and enjoyed the property again. Please come back and see us soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our stay was over 12 days while a family member was in ICU of a nearby hospital. The staff was always kind and helpful to us in our difficult circumstances. Meals were boxed and left in our room when we were not able to attend the receptions or complimentary breakfast times, making our stay more restful. The suite style room with full kitchen met our needs for such a lengthy stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodStsGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am glad that staff took care of you and your family in your time of need. We try our best to have our guest be relaxed when they stay here with us. We hope to have you guys back here at our hotel, for a vacation time.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've stayed this hotel several times at the beginning and end of motorcycle trips in Colorado. They provide a shuttle to the airport and were also willing to give me a ride to the motorcycle rental shop which was a few miles away. The rooms are wonderfully clean, well appointed and tastefully decorated. Everything is in tip top shape. The rooms are large, including a work desk, sofa and full kitchen. There' s not much around the hotel other than a few chain restaurants, but it's a wonderful way point if you want to be convenient to the airport. During the week, the hotel serves dinner which is include in the rate. I've always stayed there on weekends, so I can't comment on the dinners. There is an included breakfast, which is about par with other hotels of the same class. Nothing earth shattering, but decent enough to get your day started, if you don't feel like foraging elsewhere and want a quick meal. When I had the time, I chose to walk to a nearby Einstein bagel shop to get breakfast. I'm willing to walk a bit for an espresso and fresh bagel.
There is also an outdoor courtyard which can be pleasant as well as an indoor pool and fitness center.

Room Tip: If the weather is good, the courtyard is a hangout for groups who like to enjoy their beverages and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are happy that you enjoy your stay here with us. I will also pass along to the staff what a great job they do to keep the hotel up and flowing! We hope to see you next time you’re in the Denver Airport Area!
Wickenburg, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband, daughter, mother-in-law and myself stayed here from July 7-12 and had a wonderful time!

The hotel was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The staff was delightful, helpful and courteous. We were located conveniently to everything we needed to be by and were easy to find when family stopped by to visit.

The breakfast served was always hot, fresh and plentiful. My nine year old daughter and seven year old granddaughter LOVED the waffle maker! They also enjoyed the pool and the "suite shop" for late night snacks and movies!

There is no doubt that our next visit to Denver will include a stay at this property. I am actually really looking forward to our next trip!

Room Tip: Room 224 did not have a view. But it was spacious and very quiet. I assume rooms 226 and on would ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed our property and had a great time! I will make sure to pass along to the staff what a great job they did to make your stay better!! We do hope to see you next time you come back to the Denver Airport Area!!
Aventura, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our Family stayed two nights at this hotel. The General Manager and staff were very gracious. The rooms were modern and very clean, and even the maids gave us plenty of extra towels and shampoo. Sandra Montano, the General Manager helped us with a problem in the bill and credited us the correct amount. Their shuttle picked us up after we had dropped our car off and also took us to the airport. Everyone was very nice. Great Stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am happy to have made your stay here great! And I am happy to fix anything that you need. The Homewood Suites DIA staff would love to have you and your family back here when you return to Denver, Colorado!!
Marlton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family of 5 stayed in a one bedroom suite with two queen beds in the bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. Our suite had a kitchen, too! There is an indoor pool/hot tub and an outdoor sport court (basketball) that my kids enjoyed as well. The complimentary breakfast had lots of options - eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, make your own waffles, and more! We would definitely stay here again if we are visiting the Denver area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are happy that your family enjoyed their stay here with us. We definitely would love to have your family back here at the Homewood Suites DIA when you return to this area!

Been to Homewood Suites Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!