This is the second time I have stayed here and I always enjoy it – except the breakfast. Upon arrival, they had given our two queen suite away so we were accommodated with two adjoining Kings which turned out very nicely for my mother and me. I do recommend to anyone traveling that you always have your reservation with prices printed. The gentleman checking us in adjusted the price ahead of time but it was not adjusted to what I quoted at the time of my reservation. This was corrected upon check-out with no complaints from the staff. I had this same thing to happen before at another hotel except they claimed a higher price until I presented the paper, so again, bring your printed reservation.
Now, with that out of the way. This is a great location for a trip to Denver. The highway, airport and good places to eat are all close by. The hotel itself always has the most pleasant staff which is hard to beat in my book. The guest laundry is clean, well lit and one of the nicest I have ever seen. The workout room is small but efficient and clean. The pool area is also great for a family or for just doing laps if you can get it alone which there was no one there when I went down in midday during a July 4th weekend. The rooms themselves are also very clean, large and have a great kitchen and bath area. The beds are not too soft or too hard. The computer area has two computers for research and airline check in. I forget if printing is allowed.
I really like that this hotel is located right next to great eating. In fact, we parked the car and just walked across the street to UNO Grill and right next to that is Outback. Across the street from UNO is Ted’s Montana Grill. When you pull out of the Drive and are sitting at 40th avenue, make a right and within one mile you will see Kentucky Fried Chicken, Subway, a Mexican restaurant on the right hand side and a few more places on the left. Get to the end of the road (about a mile long) and arrive at an intersection (a ‘T’). Form there you can see Sonic, Taco Bell and Long John Silver (fish and chips) to the right kitty corner. A Conoco gas station is also to the right. If you go left at this intersection, you cross over the bridge, this is the ramp to HWY 70, you will find a less crowded and more maneuverable area and another gas station - Shamrock gas. This is also the place to get breakfast - Jack in the Box or Burger King.
Speaking of breakfast. It does annoy me while my mother was eating cereal in the lounge of Homewood, that I could not even get a good cup of coffee. My only complaint of this hotel.
One last thing I would like to mention is the shuttle. The front desk will tell you it takes 15 minutes to get to the airport and to be there 2 hours before departure. I called my airline and they said to be there one hour before. Well, this is not entirely true for either. As the day goes on, the shuttle gets later and later for being on time. Many things beyond their control can happen. For instance, we scheduled the 9:15 am shuttle. It had to stop at the Hampton Inn right next to us first (the shuttle servers two hotels) so it was about 5 minutes late. Then we waited for a minute on someone who never came. We get to the first stop at the Airport at 9:42 am. They will tell you that one can walk through to other side but my mom has limitations with walking so we opted to be driven to the other side and now it was 9:50 am. By the time we checked in and went through security we sat in our chair at 10:40 am. As one can see, neither the front desk or the airline was entirely correct. I only mentioned this because some people like to do things at the LAST MINUTE. If I had of assumed I would get to the Airport at 9:30 am and getting through everything by 10:30 am, I would have been out of luck. It could cost you because this is a VERY busy airport. We left on a Monday after July 4th. We have been here not during a holiday and it was just only a little less busy.
I will always choose to stay at this hotel regardless of the horrible breakfast. Service, cleanliness and a good bed are always trump.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Denver International Airport Hotel Denver
- Homewood Suites Denver International Airport Hotel
- Homewood Suites Denver
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood Suites is an upscale, all suite property. We feature the following features and amenities: Complimentary breakfast buffet served every day, and dinner, beer and wine served Monday through Friday. Complimentary high speed internet and airport transportation to and from Denver International Airport. All of our suites feature a full-size refrigerator, cook wear for up to 5 persons, and a microwave. We also offer the free use of our swimming pool, fitness facility and basketball court. We also have meeting space to accommodate up to 100 persons with full service catering and audio visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites Denver International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.