“The Hyatt with a lot of potential” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #49 of 149 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Beach, Oregon
“The Hyatt with a lot of potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a fantastic little Hyatt nestled in the heart of Denver's University mecca. The hotel is bustling with sports teams from all around the country. And the staff is equally young and energetic and super-friendly. They are anything but intrusive, like some stuffier Hyatt's can be. But don't be fooled by the chillaxed atmosphere of the lobby. The rooms are spectacular. I stayed in a suite fit for a king, priced for a pauper. The cleanliness was to be admired. They even serve a free breakfast that could have rivalled the Tea Room at the Plaza Hotel in New York. The only thing missing was the champagne. The downside? The restaurant, or food menu, as they call it, left a lot to be desired. But why stay indoors in a hotel when you're in such an outdoorsy city? We were there for a wedding, but there was plenty to do beside attend rehearsal dinners and receptions. Nearby Colorado Avenue was bustling with students and lots of great eateries and hangouts and Floyd's famous hair salon if you wanted a cut by some cool stylists for $9. It was a very affordable area. You could seriously save some major bucks by hanging nearby when visiting your son or daughter in college. The youthful energy was contagious. There's a real buzz in the air that you could measure on a yardstick, in the area. Besides serving the free breakfast every single morning, fit for King's, the best part of the hotel was that it's far enough off the beaten path - by just a few hundred feet - to garner peace and tranquility- day or night. The beds were ultra-comfortable. The pillows were filled with goose-down feathers. And I had two huge flat screen television sets with the latest movies to choose from, if I just wanted to relax. Plus free HBO. If you're traveling with family, the fridge in the room was large enough for soda and sandwiches or bottled water and organic trail mixes. There was a powerful free wi-fi connection and a young and exuberant staff to meet your every whim. But, like I said, this part of Denver is all about being outdoors. At the end of the day, it's good to know that you picked one of the most splendid and affordable places to crash to sleep. And your friends or sons and daughter's are just a couple of hundred feet away. Renting a car is a must, if you want to leave the neighborhood and visit nearby areas, drive to ski or visit the beautiful town of Breckenridge to go horseback riding in the mountains. Groupon had great offers for things like that at 1/4 of the price. The short of it is that you'll be really happy you chose this hotel. Especially if you're visiting the kids at school. Or came down to surprise them for a big game.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

James B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I thank you for taking the time to share your comments and very happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I am very proud on my team and how they take care of our guest and have fun while they do it. I also agree that this is a fun area which is close to everything. We hope to see you again soon and please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may assist with anything.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed there on work for 5 weeks and it was a very pleasant stay.

Breakfast (free) was quite sufficient with decent variety, they had free parking and the staff was very accomodating. They even got me a microwave from the kitcheck when I explained that for the duration of my stay, it would be a useful thing to have.

Location is also central, safe and has a lot of restaurants and places to hangout near by.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Cherry creek Hyatt for 5 nights during a conference. I loved everything during my stay. My only complaint was the noise that came from the conference rooms in my floor. The rooms were clean and spacious. I had my dog with me and there was a fee for this, which was reasonable for 5 days. There was a good selection of free breakfast everyday which I enjoyed. There's also a bar and an espresso machine serving starbucks for extra charge. The staff were friendly. For those of you who has not been to this neighbourhood: There is a walgreens, VCA at walking distance. There are plenty of restaurants on the street in walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for rooms away from their conference/meeting rooms. It could get noisy
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is not the Ritz or the Four Seasons...its a Hyatt PLACE which is a tier down from a regular Hyatt which means if your looking for white glove service you will not find it here. However, that being said, what you will find here are modern, large, comfortable rooms, a great breakfast buffet which is normally included with the room, and a convenient location. A step above a Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn Express. If your looking for top notch personalized service, stay in Downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Mountains...otherwise you'll be stuck on the other side of the ho...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments and hope on your next stay we can exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Hyatt Place for one night of a business trip. The area is rather mixed with some apartments, commercial and office buildings. The hotel itself was a great surprise. The room was very large and comfortable with a king bed and couch. The bathroom had a stall shower and was spacious. I had plenty of room on the counter for all of my makeup, etc. It was very quiet and I slept well. I used the work-out room which was well equipped and clean. Another nice aspect of this hotel is the complimentary breakfast. There were several hot options as well as cereal, fresh fruit, bread items and numerous drink choices. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be in the Cherry Creek area.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor away from the elevator and it was great.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a nice hotel. Very comfortable room and nice to have the sofa to sit on instead of just the bed. My only complaint was we ordered some food and it was suppose to be ready in 10 minutes, but if they called, it never went through, so it was cold by the time we got it. Also, there was a family next door with a very colicky baby and it would have been better, if they were booked in a room further away from other guests ( there were a number of rooms available). But, besides these two glitches, we had a lovely stay.

Stayed May 2015
I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that the message for your food did not get through and will retrain the staff if they do not get a answer to contact you in another way.
I also apologize about your neighbors and her baby, as we were sold out unfortunately there were not any other rooms to move them to. We hope to see you again soon.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 5 days recently. I really enjoyed my stay and thought I made the right pick. The hotel is quite small, the restaurant and front desk staff are pretty much the same. The room I got was spacious, clean, well appointed. My only gripe about it is the lack of black out curtains because the lights from the street bothered me at night. There was a decent free breakfast with the usual continental fare. They have no restaurant but there is a "gallery kitchen" that's essentially 24 hr self serve bar(you call for your order then you pick it up at the bar. No room service). I liked my monte cristo sandwich. The bar is open until midnight, guests usually hang out downstairs, their staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is free parking which is great for me. This is probably one hotel where you would need your own vehicle. There are no "walkable" restaurants. The convention center and downtown are at least 5 miles away.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and happy to see you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please feel free to ask for me and I'm sure I could arrange that sandwich for you.

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!