“Clean but staff ruins the experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #53 of 148 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix
“Clean but staff ruins the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel is clean and new. Rooms are well equipped and breakfast spead was great with plenty of options.

My problem with this place is the staff. Upon walking in to checkin I went to the front desk and was not immediately acknowledged. Then some woman came over and said "yes". No "welcome", or even a " can I help you". It seemed like I was just interrupting her playing with her cell phone. That was not my biggest gripe though, it was the housekeeping staff. I was staying on a Saturday night and early Sunday morning about 730-8am the housekeeping crew starting cleaning in my hallway. They had multiple doors open and they were blaring loud Mexican music and shouting across the hallways to one another like no one was even around. I am a deep sleeper and it easily woke me up. I went and asked them if they could turn down the music and they didn't understand and just looked at me. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep and what was to be a restful morning with my family was ruined. Recommendation for the hotel would be to better train staff if they want to retain customers. My colleagues and I frequent the Denver area on business and if the want to retain customers like us they need to take note and make some changes.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I apologize for the experience you encountered and please know that this is not the type of service I pride myself on. I will be following up with my team and will conduct any needed training to ensure that this does not happen again. I thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and hope to see you again soon.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed three nights at the hotel and it was a good experience. Rooms are big and clean, breakfast (included in the tariff) was good, not plenty of choices, but the offer was good in taste and quality. It is located in the Cherry Creek area not far away from the CC mall, it was a short taxi ride. In-room wifi included in the tariff with good signal and quality. Fitness center small, but OK for a short-stay. Bad weather made difficult to visit the area around the hotel. Front desk staff very helpful and always ready to help.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I thank you for your review and hope to see you again in the near future. I hope we have better weather for you on your next visit as it is a beautiful area.
rancho palos verdes, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent 4 nights at this hotel. The room was nicely appointed. Several desk/table top outlets for device charging. Good sized flat panel TV. Good lighting. We were on the top floor which provided quite a nice view on the east side. Exercise equipment was in good shape. Staff was very pleasant. We hit the breakfast room at a peak period one day and I was impressed at how they were hustling to keep everything stocked. Breakfast items included donuts, very small danish, cut up fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs or breakfast sandwiches, sausage, waffles or french toast, hot and cold cereal, juices, etc. The elevators were very fast (though the hotel didn't seem very full). The only complaint I might have is that there was no heater in the bathroom. Still, they are very close to my son's house and we would be happy to stay there again

Room Tip: Upper floors have a nice view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I were visiting his brother's family in Denver over the Thanksgiving holidays and needed a dog-friendly hotel. Hyatt Place Cherry Creek was the perfect choice! The rooms are modern, clean and spacious with comfortable beds and big bathrooms. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and welcomed our 70 lb. full-of-love boxer Tucker with open arms. One girl from the front-desk morning staff even remembered his name and would always pet him on our way out! But the best part, the breakfast...it is definitely not your typical "continental" breakfast. They have the usual pastries/bagels/fruit/coffee/juice that you would expect, but every morning there was a different feature. One morning it was french toast and a farmhouse egg scramble, next it was fresh breakfast sandwiches and waffles...so good!! You could tell it was all "real" ingredients, just made it that much better. Free wifi and parking are also definite perks. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your kind words and appreciate that you took the time to complete a review. I will share your comments with my team as I know they will enjoy hearing them as well.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Tiburon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for four nights during Thanksgiving and it was terrific! The rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast was great, and there was free Wi-Fi and free parking. The hotel is close to many shops and restaurants in the Cherry Creek area. I will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate that you took the time complete a review and even happier you enjoyed your stay so much with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Swansea, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had to go to Denver on company business and usually stay downtown at the Sheraton. Unfortunately, all downtown hotels were booked solid for the timeframe I needed, so I ended up at the Hyatt Place Cherry Creek. I have never stayed at a Hyatt before so I was not sure what to expect although I did check reviews on TripAdvisor and it seemed good. I was very surprised at the level of accommodation this hotel provides! First, my room was enormous. King size bed, sofa sectional, desk and other furniture and still lots of room. The bathroom was spacious with a shower (no tub) and counter space for all my stuff. It looked recently updated, all the fixtures were shiny new and the shower tiles and door were spotless.

The hotel provides free breakfast and it was really great. Not the usual stale pastries or boxed cereals, but really nice fresh fruit, 2 types of breakfast sandwich, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, juice and coffee. All freshly made and kept stocked and the area clean.

I had a couple very minor issues with my stay. First, when I checked in I specified a room away from the elevator. This was also noted in my reservation but I always reiterate when I check in. I am a very light sleeper so I prefer a room as far away from the main traffic as possible. The front desk person assured me it was. So I go to the 6th floor, get off the elevator, and my room is right there, across from the elevator. So I had to go back down and have that changed...again very minor but still an annoyance. Also, when we had dinner and drinks back at the hotel one evening after our company meetings, I never received a receipt for the food. The staff was no where to be found and the charges appeared on my bill when I checked out. I never signed anything authorizing the charges to my room. I could've given any room number and had it charged to someone else or disputed them as unauthorized charges if I were that kind of person! This is really something they need to fix because I had to call the hotel after I got back and request an itemized copy of the dinner bill for my company to reimburse.

In any event, the hotel is really great, comfortable and newly remodeled to a pretty high standard for the price.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I was worried that this hotel would be sub-standard after reading some negative reviews on Tripadvisor but the hotel was very good.

My partner was attending a conference so the rate was only $99 per night. Plus, there's free parking, breakfast and wifi. The room, including the bathroom, was quite large with a lovely large window.

The biggest negative for me was the location but I guess this is one of the reasons why the price is good.

Since this is Denver, the air is very dry. Upon request, staff kindly brought a humidifier to my room (although it was very loud).

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!