“Happy with my choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #55 of 148 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Swansea, Illinois
“Happy with my choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had to go to Denver on company business and usually stay downtown at the Sheraton. Unfortunately, all downtown hotels were booked solid for the timeframe I needed, so I ended up at the Hyatt Place Cherry Creek. I have never stayed at a Hyatt before so I was not sure what to expect although I did check reviews on TripAdvisor and it seemed good. I was very surprised at the level of accommodation this hotel provides! First, my room was enormous. King size bed, sofa sectional, desk and other furniture and still lots of room. The bathroom was spacious with a shower (no tub) and counter space for all my stuff. It looked recently updated, all the fixtures were shiny new and the shower tiles and door were spotless.

The hotel provides free breakfast and it was really great. Not the usual stale pastries or boxed cereals, but really nice fresh fruit, 2 types of breakfast sandwich, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, juice and coffee. All freshly made and kept stocked and the area clean.

I had a couple very minor issues with my stay. First, when I checked in I specified a room away from the elevator. This was also noted in my reservation but I always reiterate when I check in. I am a very light sleeper so I prefer a room as far away from the main traffic as possible. The front desk person assured me it was. So I go to the 6th floor, get off the elevator, and my room is right there, across from the elevator. So I had to go back down and have that changed...again very minor but still an annoyance. Also, when we had dinner and drinks back at the hotel one evening after our company meetings, I never received a receipt for the food. The staff was no where to be found and the charges appeared on my bill when I checked out. I never signed anything authorizing the charges to my room. I could've given any room number and had it charged to someone else or disputed them as unauthorized charges if I were that kind of person! This is really something they need to fix because I had to call the hotel after I got back and request an itemized copy of the dinner bill for my company to reimburse.

In any event, the hotel is really great, comfortable and newly remodeled to a pretty high standard for the price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was worried that this hotel would be sub-standard after reading some negative reviews on Tripadvisor but the hotel was very good.

My partner was attending a conference so the rate was only $99 per night. Plus, there's free parking, breakfast and wifi. The room, including the bathroom, was quite large with a lovely large window.

The biggest negative for me was the location but I guess this is one of the reasons why the price is good.

Since this is Denver, the air is very dry. Upon request, staff kindly brought a humidifier to my room (although it was very loud).

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Rising Sun, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Extremely nice place to stay. It is in a very quiet neighborhood with low traffic. This hotel is not in the Cherry Creek are that is a current traffic nightmare. It is actually in Glendale. Very easy access either via interstate or surface streets. Close to downtown Denver (10 mins). Great mountain views.

iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice rooms, nice sitting area with comfy couch and large window overlooking a park in room.
Trip to cherry Creek mall today ,easy drive even in snowy weather. Plenty of shops and restaurants close by.
Nice staff.
Breakfast had lots of choices and very good!
Just off busy street but convenient and quiet. Ample free parking.

Room Tip: Back side has best views
Green Features: Seems to be making an effort to be entviromentally friendly
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great business hotel. I stayed on the weekend so it was inexpensive. Key points; central location (for me), free parking, comfortable and clean room, real breakfast included. By real I mean it wasn't all packaged food. The hotel is close to the Cherry Creek path system so if you are a runner or walker its convenient.

Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for two nights on a trip to Denver. Location is a nice launch-off point especially if also going out of the area. Although not in the downtown area, it is only a short drive. Although just off busy street, it was surprisingly quiet and peaceful. Rooms were updated. It was slightly different from the usual hyatt place but this was a very welcome change. Breakfast was a little better here than comparable hotels. Staff was very friendly and responsive. Very reasonable price for the quality and location you get. Definitely one to consider when visiting the Denver and surrounding area unless you have to be smack in the middle of downtown.

Room Tip: Higher floors appeared quieter. Ask for south/west-facing rooms which offer better view of the moun...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Edison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very Neat rooms, Free Parking, Great staff members. I had a problem with a window blind which broke with I was dragging it down, and they addressed it within minutes. I got to work with Anna, Elite and Steve, who were very serving, welcoming and addressed any issues I had very promptly. The Gym is very clean and smells good (no machine smell). Great breakfast and good location for food and view. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: Try choosing a mountain view room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!