“You've got to be kidding, is this the "New" Hyatt standard?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #54 of 147 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“You've got to be kidding, is this the "New" Hyatt standard?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I checked n and checked out in about 10 minutes..the lighting in the rooms is cold white fluorescent CFL's -yuck--I get the need to save energy but for very little more investment they could get warm white cfl bulbs, but the bathroom lighting is ridiculous, there is a LED light bar at the bottom of the mirror and one small light over the shower, the top of the mirror has a funky redish glow. I asked if there was something wrong with the light and was told that is a designer touch, if you like shaving (or your wife likes putting makeup on) basically in the dark this is the place for you. Décor is not to everyone's taste, very COLD SEVERE contemporary, which if that's your taste is fine, but not for all. I asked the desk if the lighting was now standard for all Hyatts and they said it was the standard for hotels that were new or had been remodeled, guess I'll take Hyatt off my list of possible places to stay.

Room Tip: best advice to get a good room...stay elsewhere.
Green Features: Energy efficiency is important to all, but this is ridiculous. bathrooms should not be lighted at the level of a nightlight
Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Waunakee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This property physically met the usual high standards of Hyatt hotels. But it is not geared for folks without cars. I had come to Denver for a one-day meeting and, due to the high car rental cost at DIA took public transportation, a van service, to the hotel. $17 vs. $85 for a cab! My meerings were at a hotel some 8 blocks away and at the University of Denver. The hotel does not have any limo service and knew nothing about the public transportation available. Nor did they have a local map. I walked one block to Colorado Blvd. where there is significant bus service which I used. Had I driven to this property, I would have given it very high ratings.

Green Features: Good environmental practices at this and all other Hyatt's I have used.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We apologize that we did not provide enough information on transportation and will make sure our hosts have a better understanding of guests options. We do have a Limo service we like to use and again I apologize that this option was not presented to you. We hope you will choose us again and have a better experience.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Staff - Excellent,welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful. They pull so many duties at the front desk including bar tender and chefs. Crazy but they pull it off. I had an urgent need to change rooms and they were sold out but the manager helped me. Just wonderful.

Bar - pretty good. Not a wide selection of libations but it'll do. Prices ok. Beer was cold and glasses chilled.

Hotel is fresh, clean and very stylish. Decor is very nice and I loved the art and photographs. Fitness room is an adequate size. Towels provided. Cold water. Nice, new equipment.

Business center - great big monitors, free printing, nice lighting. I could have worked there for days. Free Wifi throughout.

Really, the hotel ticks all the boxes for an adult trip or business trip (family - maybe). The one issue is the noise. The walls are horribly thin. We had to listen to a new couple next door get 'familiar'. Maybe it was because we had connecting doors? The building also makes POP noises throughout the night. Expanding and contracting maybe? The red alarm was the hotel (nicely) provides ear plugs on the bedside table. Maybe that's normal for a Hyatt Place?

Overall I'd not hesitate to book this hotel again. I was in town for a family emergency and this hotel was a welcome sanctuary each night and morning.

Room Tip: Avoid a connecting room so you don't hear the neighbors. The King bed rooms have comfy corner c...
Green Features: We hung our towels up to save them but each day they were taken any way. Not sure why.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We deeply apologize for the noise issue that you had with our establishment but we are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. The next time you stay with us please do not hesitate to let us know is we can do anything to improve your stay.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for two nights in July. Room was very big and nicely done. Staff very welcoming, even when we arrived late at night.

Gym was excellent - water and towels provided.

Breakfast was good - seating area a little small for the number of people.

Can order Pizza from pizza hut across the street to be delivered.

Best hotel I stayed in during a three week trip to the states.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Glad to hear that we could provide you with satisfactory accommodations while you were visiting. We hope you will choose us again the next time you are here. We would be happy to be of service once again.
suebob29
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here for an overnight business trip. This is just off of Colorado Avenue ( I believe) which is a very busy street. It is set off just a little bit from the street and parking is ample. The desk staff was attentive, but there just seemed to be too many of them just hanging around. This may have been because there was a golf tournament (BMW Championship?) in town, so they may have expected huge crowds.

The room was clean and up to date. The shower had really nice glass doors and the tiling was done well. This is a newly renovated hotel and it shows. I would have two suggestions: brighter lighting in the bathroom and better pillows. What is the deal with hotel pillows?! One is too soft and two are just too much.

Besides that, the location is a good one. Lots of stuff around it and Cherry Creek is a great area. Be prepared for traffic and lots of construction (as of September 2014). Also be prepared for a nice stay :)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us. we appreciate the suggestions that you made and will definitely take them in to consideration. Hope you will stay with us again in the near future and don't hesitate to let us know how we can improve your stay.
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My stay was very short but I was very satisfied! The bed was super comfy. The room was super clean. The free wifi worked. The water was hot. The breakfast was generous, lots of fresh fruit.
I was at Denver Botanic Garden and this was a close hotel option at a reasonable price compared to other Cherry Creek area hotels.
Extra nice exercise room. Refrigerator in room which I need.
Could hear noise from other rooms but did not disturb me at all. Heard no noise from outside.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
thank you for staying with us. we are always pleased to hear a guest was satisfied with their stay. we will look forward to your staying with us again and always let us know if we can do anything to make your stay the best possible.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for over a week in August. Fairly centrally located hotel. There is lots to see in the area, but the traffic is very heavy all day. There's a great local pizza place around the corner and Super Target and Whole Foods are close by. I had a great room (402) facing the foothills. I enjoyed watching the sun set over the Rockies. My room was very quiet, at the end of the hall. They had a great, hot breakfast with wonderful fruit and toast, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, orange juice, etc. The staff constantly refilled the food to make sure it was fresh. There was food for purchase during the day that was good, though pricey. The room was large with a sofa and the bed was comfortable, although I didn't care for the feather pillows, which is a personal preference. There was lots of free parking and overall the staff was helpful. My only complaints were that when I tried to send a document to the printer, there was a problem with the interface so I had to email it to them so they could print it on their other printer, which was not very good quality. It took extra time, but I had allowed for that. Since I stayed a long time, I didn't ask for housekeeping every day. When they did come, they took the empty toilet paper roll, but didn't leave any new. I had to go down and get a roll and carry it back to my room which was a little awkward as the elevator was full. Not a huge deal, but they didn't clean the floor during my visit either. I would stay again and recommend, though I would be more vocal about the housekeeping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your great feed back on your stay with us and we hope you will stay with us again soon. If there is ever anything we can do to enhance your stay with us, please let us know.

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!