“Great one night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #57 of 148 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vail, Colorado
“Great one night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My stay was very short but I was very satisfied! The bed was super comfy. The room was super clean. The free wifi worked. The water was hot. The breakfast was generous, lots of fresh fruit.
I was at Denver Botanic Garden and this was a close hotel option at a reasonable price compared to other Cherry Creek area hotels.
Extra nice exercise room. Refrigerator in room which I need.
Could hear noise from other rooms but did not disturb me at all. Heard no noise from outside.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 4 days ago
thank you for staying with us. we are always pleased to hear a guest was satisfied with their stay. we will look forward to your staying with us again and always let us know if we can do anything to make your stay the best possible.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for over a week in August. Fairly centrally located hotel. There is lots to see in the area, but the traffic is very heavy all day. There's a great local pizza place around the corner and Super Target and Whole Foods are close by. I had a great room (402) facing the foothills. I enjoyed watching the sun set over the Rockies. My room was very quiet, at the end of the hall. They had a great, hot breakfast with wonderful fruit and toast, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, orange juice, etc. The staff constantly refilled the food to make sure it was fresh. There was food for purchase during the day that was good, though pricey. The room was large with a sofa and the bed was comfortable, although I didn't care for the feather pillows, which is a personal preference. There was lots of free parking and overall the staff was helpful. My only complaints were that when I tried to send a document to the printer, there was a problem with the interface so I had to email it to them so they could print it on their other printer, which was not very good quality. It took extra time, but I had allowed for that. Since I stayed a long time, I didn't ask for housekeeping every day. When they did come, they took the empty toilet paper roll, but didn't leave any new. I had to go down and get a roll and carry it back to my room which was a little awkward as the elevator was full. Not a huge deal, but they didn't clean the floor during my visit either. I would stay again and recommend, though I would be more vocal about the housekeeping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your great feed back on your stay with us and we hope you will stay with us again soon. If there is ever anything we can do to enhance your stay with us, please let us know.
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

good and clean hotel , perfect for our 1 night stay , rooms and bedding are good , breakfast was good , bathroom ok also , nothing negative to say about our stay , would come back here if our trip takes us here

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will stay with us again and have an even better experience. Look forward to seeing you again.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

New-looking hotel, cleanest Hyatt Place I've ever stayed in and my family was upgraded to a suite without even asking. Couldn't get better than Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek. Our family of five was extremely comfortable and he the best sleep ever - so much so that we slept through breakfast!

Location is decent: close to Starbucks, Wahoo's and Safeway (among other eateries/groceries) and about 15 minutes from downtown Denver. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
That is what we are about at our establishment guest service, If able we want to provide the best service possible to all guests that stay with us. I don't know if you were made aware be we also serve Starbucks coffee on premises as well. Hope you are well and cant wait to have you with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Room was very clean, the front desk staff were very professional and personal, I checked in quite late but they still had a sense of humor! My only complaint is how ridiculously high the shower head and towel racks were. I am short, but still, I couldn't reach to adjust the shower head and needed to go up on my tip toes to get towels, not so safe on a wet shower floor!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we will se what we can do about the shower situation. Hope you are well and we would love to have you with us again soon.
LAS CRUCES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The biggest problem we found was that the wi-fi did not work in the room (as advertised). One needed to go to the lobby to check one's email and get on the internet (even with one's own computer).This absolutely needs to be fixed. The toilet paper roll holder is located too far from the toilet to be convenient for someone 5'3" with short arms. The mirror in the bathroom is lit both from the top and the bottom. Because it is lit from the bottom, it was hard for me to put in my contact lenses (due to the glare). The (single-cup) coffee maker spritzed water and leaked a little onto the base. The door to the room sometimes stuck--one had to push it just right to get it open. However, on the plus side, the room was large with two queen beds, a sofa, and an easy chair. It also had a fridge, 3 drawer chest, desk, wardrobe, a platform (rather than a nightstand) between the 2 beds, and 2 queen beds. We tried their limited gallery menu for food one night when it was raining (soup and salad). We ordered from the room and they called back when it was ready in plastic containers. It turns out we could have ordered from the lobby and eaten on plates (in the breakfast area). The breakfast (included) was plentiful--hot food, juices, fruit, pastry, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good, but wifi in the room is a problem.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bring those issues to our attention we will definitely look into them. I also want to apologize that you were not made aware that you could eat in the guest lounge area, we welcome it and would love to have the company of our guests. If you stay with us again please come and have a meal down stairs with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I typically enjoy a Hyatt Place hotels, but this property was a disappointment.

The check-in process was horrible. The three individuals at the desk appeared to think I was their "bro" and not their guest; their behavior was unprofessional (continuing their immature jokes and conversations with each other during check-in) and, most annoyingly, incompetent. I had two rooms on my reservation; the person who was checking me in claimed there was only one room. This required me to go to the car and get the confirmation; when I came back in, the clerk's excuse was "I am the cook, so I don't really know how the system works." I resisted the temptation to ask why the cook was working at check-in and why the two other guys near him (both standing there and talking sports) couldn't check me in. My Hyatt Diamond status was not recognized by the clerk; when I told him I wanted the bonus points (as a Diamond member, you choose your on-property benefit), he looked at me like I had ten heads and called his 'manager'/bro over to ask how it was done. Said manager told him how without so much as looking at me or welcoming me to the property. Check-out was no more competent; we re-lived problem with the two rooms when the check-out clerk struggled to present me a bill for both of the rooms occupied.

I am accustomed, when staying at a Hyatt Place, to a spacious room with a separate living area and sleeping area. This is a old hotel (previously with another chain) with regular rooms. While they contained some of the typical furniture of a Hyatt Place, it wasn't the same experience. The conversion was also spotty - there were spots in my room where the renovation looked half-complete: counters from the old property that were half-caulked to the wall, old closet fixtures, sloppy paint around vents in the bathroom, etc. The exterior of the building is also horribly ugly - a big black box.

Service needs a major upgrade, overall. Accommodations were fine, but nothing special and different than the established brand standard. Location was suitable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We deeply apologize for the less then satisfactory experience you had while at our hotel. we have addressed the situations that you have mentioned and we have approached the individuals you spoke of and this should no longer be an issue. Again we apologize and we hope that when you visit us again your experience will be a much improved one.

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!