“Great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #57 of 147 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Laguna Beach, California
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had to get an ADA-equipped room for my elderly mother along with my sister & myself. Manager was very helpful and the room was excellent; lots of outlets for multiple IT devices, very modern and very clean. Complimentary full breakfast buffet was outstanding. Free wireless was a tad slow and the Hyatt general reservations person was not well-informed but everyone at the hotel itself was terrific. Great access to/fr airport and to the city. Lots of free parking. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the Rockies.
Green Features: Very good; $3 cafe vouchers if you don't have sheets & towels changed each day. Electric curtains block heat.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel, overall, is nicely appointed. The rooms have a nice sitting couch, god light, are clean and very comfortable. The breakfast bar has great selection (though things like waffles get cold, as they are set in a buffet dish - would be better to offer as a waffle bar or make your own, so they are hot).

Out biggest watch out would be the room noise level. We were lucky in that we got a room away from the elevators and at the end of a hallway, but sound carried into our room in the mornings and evenings. Luckily we didn't have noisy neighbors, but we could hear almost every move - radio, alarm, etc.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The location is awesome. Close to so much. The price was great! The rooms were clean and nice. Seemed like a newer hotel. The staff was super. The fitness center was great. The breakfast Buffett was better than any other hotel I have stayed. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, yesterday
We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel, and we are always ready to serve our guests to the best of our ability, so come back and see us again soon.
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I originally was going to book this room through a 3rd party website since I had found a great price; instead I called the reservation desk to see if they could match the price and was given a song and dance about how they couldn’t. I called the motel directly and was told YES we can match that price. The gentleman (Ryan) who checked me in at the hotel was wonderful. He was quite informative and helped me completely. The room was quite clean and the bed was really nice. I would definitely stay here again.
I have a 4-door long box truck and there was plenty of parking that I could fit my truck into without any problems. This was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm glad we could meet your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us. we enjoyed having you and look forward to your staying with us again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had to spend a night in Denver, I found a great deal on Hotels.com for this Hyatt, and we were not disappointed. Check in was smooth, the hotel is very modern with nice black out shades, good beds, a sitting/reading area, and a huge complimentary breakfast buffet. It is close to Cherry Creek Shopping district, and although just off of busy Colorado Blvd, there are nice areas to walk. We will definitely stay there again when the occasion arises.

Room Tip: Western facing rooms can see the mountains, but in the evening, there is a lot of sun coming in
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Happy to hear your stay was a great one and hope we can provide great service for you again in the future. Also thank you for taking the time to review our establishment.
Denver, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

1. I turned in some dry cleaning items for "same day" service. I got back to the room at 8:00 PM and looked for my dry cleaning. The front desk informed me that the laundry did not go out because "there were a lot of new trainees". I have traveled for over 35 years and never experienced missing my laundry.
2. Last night I visited the "bar" and tried to order a glass of wine. After a few minutes of waiting to be served I had to go around to the front desk (15' away) and see if one of 4 young men could serve me.
3. I also observed that a party of 8 people, after ordering light snacks, had to also go out to the front desk to have their service continued. None of the 4 seemed concerned.
4. This is mind-blowing. The following morning I observed that no one had picked up my wine glass from the night before.
I would give this hotel a "F" grade. However, please note that the housekeeping staff were very thorough and competent.
Trust me--- do not stay at this one!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We apologize for the poor experience you had with us. While it is true we were in the process of training several new people it is no excuse for how things were taken care of. We will have a staff meeting to discuss these issues. Again we apologize.
Missoula, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This former Loews is quite a ways from downtown, but has great connections to most places in town. It feels like it is located in a business park where there is ample parking, lots of chain restaurants nearby, and two bus-stops and a 7-11 within a block.

My room was quite satisfactory, spacious, with a large King bed, flat-screen TV, couch and lots of drawer space. The work desk is small and the internet can sometimes slow down (presumably with heavy use). The bathroom is large enough, but the water pressure was cutting in and out on three of my mornings. The fan in the bathroom is permanently on, quite noisy but the bathroom door muffles most of the sound. The overhead light was out and never replaced.

The breakfast area is quite large, with a variety of seating options. While the free hot breakfast doesn't start until 6.30am on the weekdays, the fruit/cereal/toast/juice/coffee is available beforehand. I felt the breakfasts were good, but they hardly change from day to day.

But, where this hotel falls down is in the service. It started badly for me when I checked-in with both of the staff sitting on top of the front desk, chatting. They then informed me I was just staying overnight when I had a full week stay booked. They acknowledged I was a 'member', but not that I was top-tier with Hyatt and not thanking me for my business. Nor was I offered the usual welcome amenity. Most mornings and evenings I was not greeted as I entered or left the hotel.

Housekeeping was spotty. I was skipped all together one day, missed getting my daily paper on Tuesday, didn't have dirty glasses cleaned one day, and they kept changing my towels even though I hung them up for re-use. The smudges and fingerprints on the window were never cleaned.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I apologize for the less than adequate service you received. We apparently need to do some more training with our staff. We will take care of this immediately as this is unacceptable. I hope you will consider us again in the future and that your experience with us will be much improved. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!