“Average--at best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4150 East Mississippi Avenue, Denver, CO 80246 (Formerly Loews Denver Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #56 of 147 hotels in Denver
Clayton, Missouri
“Average--at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in (outer) Cherry Creek, having previously stayed in Hyatt places in the Atlanta area that we really liked. This place was just okay, bordering on subpar.

The facility looks tired--outside, in the public spaces, and in the room itself. The internet service was free, but you get what you pay for. The complimentary breakfast was also free, and, yes, you get what you pay for. I thought the latter was borderline inedible (I am admittedly picky)--a little bit dirty in and around the dining area, fresh fruit was not so fresh, coffee grounds in the coffee, etc.

One of the elevators was out of service for upgrades and another elevator was broken by service people loading 6000 lb washing machines in it on the evening of our stay. The staff handled this near calamity with grace by escorting guests into the service elevator.

I was expecting more and got less. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here one night while we stayed over in Denver on our way to Colorado Springs -- I found a great deal on Expedia for a pre-booked stay and went into the hotel not really knowing what to expect. First and foremost, it's in a good neighborhood -- Sam's No. 3 is nearby, along with a King Sooper. Our room had a mini-fridge, so you can easily stop at King Sooper and grab any snacks or drinks for your room. The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and I was quite surprised at its quality -- for less than $100 a night, I didn't expect it to be so sharp looking. Our room was very comfortable and the free breakfast was quite tasty, too -- fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, choice of bagels/toast/english muffins, cereal, and assortments of juice. Loved the free wi-fi AND the free parking. Parking wasn't a problem at all. During our stay, they were remodeling the elevators, so one elevator was out of use. However, we barely had to wait. The staff was right on top of everything -- they noticed that someone had dripped water all the way to the elevator and I heard them immediately comment about it while we walked away from checking in. When we came back down to get our bags not 10 minutes later, the water was cleaned up. My boyfriend and I were quite impressed and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: They have bar soap for the bath, so if you prefer body wash, be sure to pick some up. They also do n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The bad first: awkward entry drive, the rooms are not like the photos...I've stayed in half a dozen Hyatt Places and this is the first one that didn't have a larger room with a divider separating the sitting area from where the bed is...the rooms shown in the professional photos, that's not what the one we stayed in looked like at all...it was a hotel room with a couch, more like a Hyatt room with a Hyatt Place lobby...and no room service. Elevator was broken. The service was not the best...it seemed like the bartender was more concerned with getting a lady a discount on her room than making my drinks...also, that same lady was sitting at the bar drinking a beer out of an open twelve pack she brought in herself. It was little things like that.

The good: Clean, new rooms...breakfast was just what I expected and very good. One thing I've noticed over the past couple of years is that they serve Starbucks at the bar but not at breakfast...just something I've noticed. Large parking lot. There is a drug store across the street and a Whole Foods about a block away. I read an earlier review that said they didn't feel safe...I did not experience that feeling in the least...it's on a busy road, in a busy part of town...but I never felt unsafe...the hotel was filled with families and kids. The Mall is a few minute drive, the Zoo is right up the street...the Botanical Center is a 10-15 minute drive. Downtown is a good 20 minutes...but and easy drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Calumet City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed on a busy weekend in Denver, the rooms were clean and modern. As you enter the hotel you get a light smell in the lobby and you can smell it a little bit stronger in the elevator! It was not over powering, it was pleasant and soft! we asked the attendant what smell it was and he said it was not sure, but it was something like mountain mist. He commented that a lot of people like it. The breakfast room was large and served many delightful items that were pleasing to look at and very good to eat. The whole experience was wonderful and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a window, they have 2 shades one that filters light in the room and the other that darkens t...
Green Features: We had the opportunity to earn $3 in food/drink credit in the "grab and go" items if we did not have maid service. Loved the idea and used it, sometimes we don't like people coming in the room. (you know I have to clean up before the maid comes in)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room are clean, spacious for their price. I love the bathroom it's big with shower. I like the room interior which is modern with clean design, looks like recently updated. There's free breakfast in the lobby, but too bad there's no room service. But this hotel is in Glendale area, which is very close to Colorado blvd, there's many 24hrs chain restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon arrival we had safety concerns due to the neighborhood and lack of secure access. This property has Cherry Creek in its name, but it is located in Glendale which seemed much less safe. I would not walk around this area after dark. One of the two elevators was broken our entire stay. The room was reasonably clean and the beds comfortable but the sheets had large holes. The last straw for us was when we attempted to leave the hotel and were told both elevators were broken and we would need to take the stairs from our tenth floor room. At ground level doors were propped open to an alley which was an additional security concern. We have since moved to the Hyatt House in Denver which is under significantly better management.

Stayed July 2014
Glendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very pleased with the whole experience. The staff was wonderful, and when I come back to Denver, I will absolutely stay there again. Kirby Fussell, President/Owner Fusco Energy, LLC Wow, tough croud !!! LOL

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!