“B- rating.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Molly Brown House Museum

Molly Brown House Museum
1340 Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80203 (Capitol Hill)
303 832 4092
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 107 Attractions in Denver
Type: Historic Sites, Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: This fancy antique-filled Victorian house was the home of Molly Brown, a famous survivor of the Titanic.
Goodyear, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“B- rating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I would have given this experience a B or above average rating however , the tour guide we got was not that impressive. The wait for the tour was about 20 minutes. During this tour I ended up asking a whole lot of questions which the guide was able to answer, but I felt that I should not have to ask questions on what would seem to be obvious that someone would be curious about. The Molly Brown house is very impressive for that period. There were quite a few items that were not original to the house but were to that period and the people who restored the house replicated these items. I went on this tour with my daughters and ages 11 and 8 and my husband. My kids particulary liked the kitchen area where it showed the old appliances that were used back in the day. The tour itself lasted about 45 minutes.
-THE HOUSE AND ARCHITECTURE IS BEAUTIFUL
-YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES inside the house but we were able to take pictures outdoors.
-YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE EXTRA LARGE BACKPACKS.

St. Louis, MO
4 attraction reviews
“Loved Victorian Horrors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

We really did not know what to expect from the Victorian Horrors tour at the Molly Brown House. I believe it is only offered in October. The actors who read the stories were excellent and the ambience of the house decorated for Halloween added to the effect. I would have liked to have more of a tour of the house since I had never been before, but that is another tour. I was surprised there were not more children. I thought it was appropriate for age 10 up if they enjoy literature.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wow! Amazing Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

My husband and I did not stay here, but we went on the Ghost Tour they provide every Fall. First of all, the place is amazing. It was so beautiful!! The tour was fun and I recommend it to everyone. Not only did we enjoy the ghostly history the place has - but, we loved seeing the building itself. Oh, and sign up early - the tours fill up fast!

Bedminster, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Maggie Brown would've been proud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

We got to the site a bit before it opened in the morning, so we enjoyed some coffee at the local coffee shop on the corner.

It was clear that the staff really enjoys their job. Our hostess was dressed in appropriate clothing for the period and she was full of information about the home and the furnishings.

The home was like stepping back in time, the tour gave you plenty of time to see things without dragging on forever.

The gift shop was cute if tiny.

A great way to spend an hour and see some history!

Essex ,England, U.K
“Beautifully restored house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2004

The tour of the house is very well organised with friendly staff.There is a lovely old staircase and window in the entrance hall.It's like stepping back in time. I bought some nice little gifts from the shop to bring back to England.Well worth a visit!Very interesting.Nice that Denver has kept the story of Molly Brown alive.

Been to Molly Brown House Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Molly Brown House Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.