“A beautiful location no doubt about it!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Home Rental

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cripple Creek
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Home Rental
You added Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Home Rental to your Saves list
127 Stratton Circle, PO Box 1317, Cripple Creek, CO 80813   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Cripple Creek B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
colorado
“A beautiful location no doubt about it!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

People where friendly and gave us a good welcome, but we had to wait to be in our room for 45 minutes after being told the wait time was going to be only ten minutes!!my husband was tired after driving long 3 hours, he wanted to take a bath but the massage tub didn't work at all in our room, our sheet had a yellow stain we where wondering what that was.
Breakfast menu was very sweet, they should think about an option for people with no tolerance to sugar in the mornings, something as simple as an English Muffin and fresh cheese can make a simple option. If you are traveling and you are diabetic go prepared or...ask about the breakfast menu for that time,and if you are allergic to cats let me tell you there is one in the house, one of the guests got really sick because the cat was inside her room probably while the lady was cleaning, she had to exchange rooms with another guest
The enviroment is beautiful, peaceful and the landscapes are amazing!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Since this was my first time at a Bed and Breakfast, I was not quite sure what to expect. What led me to discovering this little treasure was a short notice trip to Cripple Creek to experience the casinos on New Year's Eve. Luckily, I was able to find a room at the Whispering Pines.

My first conversation was with Mark on the drive up. Due to bad weather, I wasn't sure we were going to be able to make it by the 6pm check in time. I called Mark up to let him know we might be a little late. I was immediately impressed by how friendly he was. He offered to meet us if we had any troubles and seemed very concerned with our well-being. Since I am personally not the friendliest person, I was greatly appreciative of his kindness.

Upon walking into this house, I was struck by its warm atmosphere. It was like walking into my grandparents house, full of kind memories. We were immediately welcomed by some friendly locals who were just hanging out at their friends house. Mark came in and immediately welcomed us and asked about our plans. The Cripple Creek bus does not drive up to Whispering Pines, but Mark offered to drive us to the casinos and to pick us up. Since it was New Year's, we felt a bit guilty for asking him to pick us up so late (2am), but he assured us it was no problem. He was genuinely interested in us and our well being.

The room was clean and comfortable. We were given a key and a walkthrough of all of the amenities. We stayed in the Sunset Room, which had a beautiful view of the mountains and the snow. Mark drove us to and picked us up from the casino strip, and was very kind. The next morning, we stayed in past the checkout time with no hassle from him or Peggy. When we finally left the room, they offered us breakfast even though we had slept pass the time they told us the previous day. They were in no hurry to be rid of us. They offered us a relaxed atmosphere and were very welcoming.

The only complaint I would have is that the walls are very thin. We could hear everything going on around us. I also think the rooms could be more reasonably priced. Paying 155 dollars seemed a little excessive on a normal day, but we were willing to pay due to the fact that it was short notice and it was New Year's Eve. Even on a normal day, the price is still around 140 dollars. I know this is a tourist town, so maybe this is the reasoning behind it. I didn't really compare the prices of other locations, but for a stay of 3-6pm to 11am, maybe closer to 130 would be better for the accommodations. Everything else was superb.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Made our first visit to the Whispering Pines in June of '07. Secluded, great views, awesome breakfast. Nice leisurely walking trails/roads up to the top of the mountain for a scenic view of Cripple Creek and the Rockies. Just a nice, welcoming location for a weekend escape.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

My wife and I discovered this amazing bed and breakfast 4 years ago on our honeymoon. Nestled in the Rocky Mountains just outside of Cripple Creek, Colorado, this b & b provides a quiet, relaxing environment for a romantic weekend away. Great for a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday, or just a quiet place to stay. I highly recommend the Mountain Suite with its many amenities such as a 2-person hydrotherapy tub in the room next to the king size bed. The windows in the second story room provide and amazing view of the Sangre De Cristos in the morning and a view of the twinkling lights of Canon City in the distance each evening. On a cool winter evening, the gas fireplace will quickly have you warm and cozy while watching your favorite tv show or just enjoying each other's company. The large bathroom with his/her sinks allows for plenty of space for you and your significant other to both get ready for a trip to town and gambling in the casinos or shopping in the many shops in town. The historic buildings in town provide a glimpse into architecture from a different time long gone. Ed and Peggy Schillerberg, owners of Whispering Pines, provide a multi-course breakfast each morning that can fill the heartiest of appetites in preperation for a day of walking, shopping, or exploring the area. Each of the rooms at Whispering Pines provides a feeling of luxury and quiet seclusion. I would highly recommend Whispering Pines if you are traveling to Cripple Creek, Colorado or if you are just looking for a quiet place to get away in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Check them out at www.whisperingpinesbandb.net

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at this bed and breakfast twice and we love it. Ed and Peggy have always been very friendly to us. The rooms are decorated wonderfully. The view is incredible. Also, the breakfasts are wonderful. If you go away hungry, it's your fault. I'm sure we'll be going back again soon.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
ok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I agree with those who gave bad reviews. A great view but that was about it. We too, left without breakfast on the second day. Breakfast was not served until after 9. Never saw Peggy. Would give up the view for a more friendly place to stay

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast in Cripple Creek, Colorado. Peggy and Ed were very nice. We were welcomed with a sign wishing us a Happy Anniversary. They always seemed to be availble, and yet gave us our space. They directed us to restaurants in the area for dinner. We enjoyed playing pool and darts in the recreational room. We felt more like a guest in a friend's home. The view in the Mountain Suite is everything that was advertised and more. Everything was clean and comfortable. The road getting to the house is a bit rustic, but it was easy to get there. The breakfast was awesome - fresh fruit parfait, omlet, bacon, muffin, coffee, juice. We will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Home Rental? Share your experiences!