“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Double Eagle Hotel and Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cripple Creek
Double Eagle Hotel and Casino
You added Double Eagle Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
442 E. Bennett Avenue, Cripple Creek, CO 80813   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Glendale, Arizona
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

To toughs who have posted a negative comment, I don't think you know what your talking about. I stayed over the 4th of July weekend, and had a great time. The beer and drinks never stopped coming each of my 3 days, I think they were trying to get me drunk and everyone I encountered was friendly and always willing to help. The rooms were very clean and the beds were great. Not like sleeping on the street like some people claimed. We ate at the cafe each meal instead of choosing their free breakfast, but that was our choice. Although a bit pricy, guess you need to remember where you are. Their is no question the best bang for your buck is right here at the Double Eagle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Friendly! As soon as I walked in the staff was making valet parking and check-in a breeze. They got me a VIP card on the spot and had a promotion to get a free night. The room was clean and large with good, free internet. I gambled for an hour and found I had earned a free room! Check out the shops and other casinos on the main street, all within walking distance. Billy Steakhouse was great. Definitely go to this hotel. I stayed two nights and they comped both nights. And I won in their casino.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

The people checking in the guests didn't seem to know much about the local area. I guess they must commute from another town to work and then go home.

There is a really great breakfast buffet in the hotel and I naturally assumed that was what came with the room as they advertise the room with breakfast for one rate. Well, when morning came and I took my breakfast coupon to the buffet, I was redirected to another floor where some muffins, juice and coffee waited. All of the drinks and food was given on paper plates and cups. It looked awfully disgusting. Anyway, I had a glass of orange juice and then headed to another hotel and paid for a good breakfast. I really don't know why this hotel has such a nice buffet, but they don't invite their hotel guests to eat there. I know they lost my business forever.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Emporia, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

My company recently had our annual training classes at the Double Eagle and majority of the group, around sixty people , said they would never come back EVER!!!! The rooms were tiny, the beds were so cheap they were like sleeping on the floor, food was hit and miss. Sometimes OK , sometimes push it away. Worst of all, the employees acted like they could care less that we were there. You would have to wait several minutes at times to even pay for a drink, much less receive a complimentary one while you were gaming.I have honestly stayed at Ma and Pa motels along two lane highways in the middle of nowhere that I would recommend to a friend loooong before this joint. Good Luck filling 60 rooms for two weeks next February Double Eagle. You blew it !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Pueblo, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

My husband and I wanted to spend a night together with no kids, so we headed up to Cripple Creek. We checked into the Double Eagle hotel, the ladies that checked up in were not friendly at all. The bed was like sleeping on the floor, they were very hard. The "complimentary breakfast" well I must say I was better off NOT eating, the bagels were as hard as a rock, the toaster burnt the toast, just not what I call breakfast. The night with no kids, was great because of the person I spent time with, the we were better off sleeping in the car!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

The room was way over priced. The bed was like trying to sleep on concrete, some of the staff was polite but most seemed rude and burnt out on their jobs. My husband and I were celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary and we would have liked to at least sleep in a comfortable bed. We thought we would try the seafood buffet for dinner and the crab legs and Prime rib were not too bad. However, the friends we were dinning with wanted the made to order pasta and it was terrible. I don't think we will ever stay at the Double Eagle Hotel again. The room should have been $19 a night, not $80. Also, when you stay you are given a free continental breakfast. If you like cold cereal, soggy waffles and rock hard bagels then it was ok. Personally you would have a better breakfast going to a fast food drive up.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I visited in September to play poker had a great experience. They will comp your room if you play for a certain amount of time, assuming they have rooms available. I have no idea why everyone doesn't play here! Besides the free drinks, you also get free food at the poker table -- and the food is good! I recommend the Gulf Coast burger.

The hotel itself was more than adequate. The rooms weren't especially huge, but they were comfortable and had plenty of room for 2 people. More importantly, they were very clean and the bathrooms were nicely appointed. We had breakfast at Lombard's and everyone in the group enjoyed their meal.

I also recommend the bar across the street if you want a break from the casino environment for an hour or two. They have pool, darts, and reasonable drink prices.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Double Eagle Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!