“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

708 6th St, Crested Butte, CO 81224   |
downers grove
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Service, service, service...the theme seems to be comfort, economy and stellar care and concern for their guests. Ericka and Drew along with the other professionals couldn't be any more enthusiastic and helpful. My room was very comfortable and delightfully cozy when the temperature dropped to 12 degrees in October. The breakfast is perfect for those on a healthy eating plan or NOT. I enjoyed the hard boiled eggs each day and found the peach halves with a strawberry and blueberry a nice surprise. The French style bistro is charming and impeccable. Each afternoon the scent of those little baked cookies called me in from the cold. I used the available bikes and began to feel like a local. The location is ideal. I've stayed in other places in CB and on the mountain but will look no farther...this is my home away from home!

Room Tip: 3rd visit...all rooms A+
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
downers grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Service, service, service...the enthusiastic, upbeat professionals at the front desk are ready to serve! Ericka, Drew and the team were always on hand to offer any help I needed. My room was most comfortable and delightfully warm when the temp. dropped to 12 degrees in Oct. I found the breakfast delicious whether on my healthy diet or not...The little French bistro setting is immaculate. The peach halves with a strawberry and blueberry were a lovely touch. I ate hard boiled eggs every morning and was all set with my protein. After riding one of the bikes all over town I began to feel like a local. I've stayed at many places in CB and up on the mountain and have decided that this charming inn will be my home away from home. The price is more than fair and the ammenities are more than expected!

Room Tip: All 3 rooms were great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Darlington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a 1 night stay at the end of September 5 months in advance, paid for by credit card, but arrived at 7pm to be told the Inn had been overbooked and no room was available for us. As it was the weekend, no other hotel rooms available in downtown, so the only alternative was the Nordic Inn a couple of miles away at Mount Crested Butte. Not the downtown location we had deliberately sought, and an unwanted hassle after a long day travelling and sightseeing.
Very disappointing.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We're so sorry for the inconvenience. We understand how important it was for you to have a room downtown. I can assure you that over-bookings are extremely rare. I'd like to clarify that nothing was ever charged on your credit card. Also, to make up for our mistake, we found you comparable lodging and we paid for your entire stay there. I really wish we could have found you a place in town but I believe our compensation was very fair.
Manitou Springs CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here while taking fall photos. The people at the front desk were very helpful. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The location is great for walking to restaurants, they also have bikes you can use. The breakfast was very good, fruit, pastries, muffins and bagels. I look forward to going back and spending more time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rye, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights in August 2012 and the beds were super comfortable! The continental breakfast was awesome with hot and cold selections. It is very close to town and the bus route was convenient. I really enjoyed sitting outside listening to the entertainment at the Center for the Arts. You cannot go wrong here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The family that runs the inn helps you feel so welcome they are friendly and work hard to make you comfortable. The rooms are small but very well maintained. They have a nice breakfast set out each morning. Its close to downtown well stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the first time we stayed in Crested Butte in over twenty years. We have very close friends that stay here for three weeks in the summer. The rooms were small but cozy and we were very comfortable with the inn and the employees. We were in walking distance for just about any place we wanted to visit in this beautiful little town surrounded by gorgeous mountain scenery. We loved it and will return next vacation season.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!