“Property and Room was spectacular!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Elevation Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Gothic Road, Crested Butte, CO 81225   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crested Butte
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Property and Room was spectacular!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room at this hotel was spectacular and the property itself was very nice. The only complaints we had (that many shared) was the hot tub was cold and they were short staffed so the shuttle was not running to town. Other than that, it was a fantastic hotel with amazing views.

Room Tip: We had the King Standard room and were very pleased.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello Angela B,

Five stars! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation to Crested Butte! Thank you for the kind words and helpful feedback. I will check into the hot tub right away.

Art Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Although the staff was excellent, and the accommodations were nice and were clean, we probably would not stay there again. For summer travelers, be aware the rooms are not air conditioned. There is a patio door you can open, but for those with allergies that is not a great option. They have a "complimentary" reception in the evenings that shows up as a $20 resort fee on your bill. (Wish we'd have had more than a sip of wine and they hadn't run out of cookies) The parking area is not the most convenient.

Hello CurtColorado,

I am glad to hear you had good service and that you enjoyed your room during your stay at Elevation. I wish I could turn your "Jusk O.K." review into a "Best hotel ever!" review. Hopefully you will consider coming back one more time so we can show you the full potential of our resort. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to beautiful Crested Butte.

Art Thompson
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

From the booking to the check out the service here was awful. At the front desk no one knew how to check me and my husband in and with the wedding starting in an hour and a five hour drive under our belt it was going to be cutting it close. After 25 minutes or so of "I don't know" we were checked in. Off to our room, which Ill give them was nice, but you can get a nice room at the motel 8 and save yourself some frustration and money.

So after the wedding, everyone is starving and looking to have some drinks, its Saturday at 9 pm the bar should be open right? No. So fine, we head downtown (which was fun).

Then breakfast the next day. Where we waited, and waited and waited. For EVERYTHING. Waited for coffee, waited for cream, waited for silverware (he said he didn't know where the forks were) waited an hour for a couple of ten dollar eggs. My friend waited 25 minutes for a bloody Mary and just ended up going to the bar to get it himself. After all the server did tell us it was up there. There was a woman, I think the manager I don't know for sure since no one is responsible for anything here. Was shouting food orders out at us on the patio, waiting for us to raise our hands to receive the dishes we have been waiting for.

Then we go to check out, finally I thought we're done with all this staff. My bill is double what my friends are...weird we checked in together, we left together, we were there for the same event. I go to ask the woman at the front desk says "I could look if you want me to, but I'm sure its going to be the same" at this point I was done! I had to drive back 5 hours to go to work and couldn't wait on the staff at the Elevation to get back to me.
I call Monday morning to file a formal complaint, I've never complained or reviewed anything so this is kind of a big deal. I get a hold of a manger after awhile and she says she's so sorry and there's nothing they can do to change our stay, but she'll see if the hotel can manage something to make us come back. Thursday morning I call her back and she tells me sorry. There is just nothing we can do.

My husband works in the ski/bike industry and I myself work at a 5 star resort, we are often asked for our opinions on where to stay in Crested Butte, NOT HERE! The mountain and town are wonderful and for skiing and biking the lines are amazing. Just don't waste your money or your time at the Elevation Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
JesssTd,

I have read your review and taken thorough notes of everything I need to address with my staff. Clearly, you had a terrible experience and I'd like for you to know that it is unacceptable in my book, as well. I do appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. You can guarantee that we will be working hard to make sure these issues don't come up in the future with our guests. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Elevation Hotel literally will not stop charging my debit card! They told me an amount for my total bill and they have now charged me three times for that amount and an extra $93. I have had so much trouble getting through to speak to an actual person. After several attempt to try and book a room, I had to book online. You might ask why I even stated at the hotel after that?? I needed to for a wedding. They did not give us the correct room - double queen. Two of us had to put the pull out mattress on the floor because it was so uncomfortable! I could go on and on! Don't stay at this hotel if you can help it!

• Stayed June 2014
Meredith R, General Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Emily W,

I have read your review and can understand why you are frustrated. I hate to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay and I would like to help make things right. I would like to assure you that your stay at Elevation is not what you should expect from our hotel. We aim to please our customers in every way possible and you are no exception. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance with your billing issues. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
Silt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay was made more enjoyable by an attentive staff. The rooms are large and comfortable with a nice balcony. The on-site health club is well equipped with two outdoor hot tubs. Good location for both winter and summer visitors. Would definitely return in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith R, Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello DorseyJ,

I'm glad you took some time to check out our fitness center and hot tubs; they are some of my favorite features of the hotel. I hope you will come visit us again because Crested Butte has so much to offer. When you do, we'll have a room ready! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
LaRue, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Elevation Hotel & Spa. Our room was large, very nice, comfortable and a great view of the ski lifts and ziplines! Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly parking attendants and the front desk staff was the best. All of the staff was very helpful to recommend area places to eat and also to visit while were in Crested Butte. We are planning another trip to Crested Butte soon and will be staying at the Elevation again.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which had a king bed, living room, dining table, kitchen area and two bathroo...
Hello Ziplines08,

Thanks for writing such a flattering review of our hotel. I'll make sure to tell the staff that their kindness meant a lot to you. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and am happy to hear you will be returning soon! Crested Butte is going to be in full bloom for the next few months so come enjoy! Thanks again. Sincerely, Art Thompson. General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked two nights for a Father's Day weekend celebration. Amazing deals on Orbitz. Elevation was just a few dollars more than the Holiday Inn in Gunnison. The hotel sits on the ski base, just feet from Red Lady chair lift. My husband had a blast mountain biking and could shoot pictures of him from our room's balcony. Beautiful. There was a restaurant in the hotel that had a big patio with a fire pit. We went for breakfast (none complimentary) and had really slow service (and we were one of only 2-3 tables of customers at 9 am). My omelette plate was overcooked but my kids like the French toast and pancakes. We enjoyed the pool and hot tubs although the pool was tiny. Free wine reception every day at 5 pm. Super friendly staff. Free bike valet and storage but parking in their garage was $15 per day. Loved the free shuttle service from resort to town for dining and shopping.

• Stayed June 2014
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello Schandoneys,

I am so glad you enjoyed your Father's Day celebration in Crested Butte. I'm sure your husband felt spoiled! Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear we served you well. I'll make sure to pass your notes along to our staff so we can better serve our customers in the future. Hopefully we'll see your family again too!

Art Thompson. General Manager.

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!