“Loved our stay at Elevation!” 5 of 5 stars

The Elevation Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Gothic Road, Crested Butte, CO 81225   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crested Butte
Houston, Texas, United States
“Loved our stay at Elevation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at Elevation during the spring ski season and loved it. Our room was great - we had a pretty view of the mountain. We had a Deluxe 1 Bedroom suite, and would recommend booking that if you are staying a while to have some space. The staff was wonderful especially the crew working in the valet/car area, they were very nice and accommodating. We celebrated a birthday on our first day and I called ahead to have them send up a bucket of Colorado beers to the room, which was perfect! The food at the hotel restaurant, 9380 Prime Restaurant & Bar, was also very good. We ate breakfast there every morning. The outside bar and fireplace was great for a quick mountain lunch and after ski drinks. The hotel was also so convenient being at the bottom of the lifts, and very easy to walk to take the bus into town at night. Also, we got engaged on this trip and the staff was helpful in executing that plan! Stay here!

Room Tip: Room on the mountain side are a little louder in the afternoon during ski season (near the 9380 Rest...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello Blair B,

First off, Congratulations! Engaged on a ski trip? It doesn't get much better than that! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we are grateful for your awesome review. Have you thought about a destination wedding? (Hint hint)... just kidding. In all seriousness, enjoy your wedding planning process and remember Elevation when you book your next getaway!

Sincerely, Meredith R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed here for girlfriend's birthday. The room was immaculate. They went out of there way to have a special birthday bottle of wine in the room when we arrived. Sarah Lavato and her staff, made the stay unforgettable. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who has never seen Crested Butte Co. The manager Christy was very helpful through out the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Meredith R, Communications Coordinator at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Glenn H,

Happy belated birthday to your girlfriend! I am glad we were able to make the weekend extra special for the both of you. We're grateful for your kind comments and hope to see you back again soon! Best birthday wishes, Meredith R. Hotel Staff.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for an anniversary weekend. Had prepurchased room and had both printed and email confirmation of reservation. Upon check-in front desk is completely lost (3 people no less), can't find my reservation and acts like they don't know what to do. I proceed to call the travel company (instead of the front desk) get it sorted out (after 45 minutes) and get my room key.

Upon check-out I get (literally the same) same 3 people and I'm presented with a bill for the rack rate of the room. Again I proceed to explain the situation. Women at front desk acts indignant and unknowing to conversation we had just the day before. Not worth the hassle for a mediocre room/hotel. Won't be going back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Meredith R, Public Relations Manager at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello Shawn-COS,

Thank you for staying at our hotel for your anniversary weekend and for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand why you were frustrated with the service you recieved at the front desk during your stay and I have made note of your complaints.

I noticed that your review is from your stay in August 2013 and I am glad to inform you that many changes have been made since then to improve customer service. I assure you that if you were to choose to stay with us again you would have a better experience all-around. I hope that you will give us a chance to prove that we are improving. Meanwhile, I wish you many more wonderful years of marriage.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very nice mountain town property. The hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful during the stay. The room was clean and had all of the necessary amenities, even during a summer off season business trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello BH2O,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are honored by your compliments. Crested Butte is one of the last true ski-towns and I am happy that you got a taste of what we have to offer, even during our off-season. We hope to see you again soon!

Magnolia, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel boasts a superior location for the slopes and over the top staff. We were here for a church group spring break ski trip. Crested Butte is a remote location itself but this place makes it worth the trip. They have a cocktail and appetizer hour and an inviting lounge with a beautiful fireplace. The staff goes above and beyond to exceed expectations. We will be back!

Stayed March 2014
Hello Lfferg,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Furthermore, I am happy to hear that we will have a chance to serve you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we work hard to please our guests and it is nice to know when we are doing a good job. I wish you the best.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed in a two queen bedroom at the Elevation Hotel to explore the area for an upcoming wedding. Nothing really spectacular about the rooms, the building felt dated, and while the individuals at the front desk were cordial to me, a few were incredibly rude to another guest within earshot of when I was checking in. The garage was incredibly tight especially for larger trucks. They did offer a nice wine hour but did not really have adequate seating. The restaurant was very good and staff was friendly and accommodating. I was not able to do any skiing while I was in town but the location to the slopes seemed pretty great but it is a drive to the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Meredith R, Social Media Coordinator at The Elevation Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
SharkeyColorado,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to send us your review. I am glad to hear that you had a good time overall. Our team is constantly trying to raise our standards and your notes are helpful. I hope that when you return for the upcoming wedding you will consider staying with us again; we would be grateful for another chance to serve you! Sincerely, Meredith R.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a fantastic place to be !
I recently had an stay at Elevation. I had an incredible view from my room that just looked to amazing to be real. The staff was so accommodating to me especially April. Thanks to her I was able to both host business meetings and relax beyond expectations. Emily and Pam were very helpful as well as was the restaurant staff and crew. I literally ate at 9380 every day and enjoyed many beautiful Bloody Mary's loaded with bacon and asparagus.
I have already scheduled a few more holidays at Elevation and can not wait to back in those mountainside hot tubs.

Room Tip: The rooms have great little mini fridges and if you ask the housekeeping staff will bring you plates...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hottaudey,
Thanks for the great review! Clearly, you were well taken care of by our friendly Crested Butte staff and we are thrilled to hear it! I'm glad you enjoyed 9380 Prime and their delicious drinks. I'm also glad you took some time to soak in the hot tubs because they are one of my favorite features of the hotel. We'll see you soon! Sincerely, Meredith R.

Been to The Elevation Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!