“Very Good..It's more like NY or Chicago then you expect in the High Country” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Secret Stash

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We've moved to a huge new space at 303 Elk Ave right down town. Same great pizza and atmosphere and much shorter wait times (we've tripled our pizza making capacity! Come see why we have been voted Crested Butte's Best Pizza and Wings every year since 2002 when we opened! So you’ve made it to Crested Butte + found the Secret Stash. Good job! Now that you’re here, kick back, relax + chill.You are far away from the hustle and bustle of fast food America. Dining at the Stash is an experience for all the senses, one to be enjoyed to the fullest.We’re not trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible. We’re trying to create a truly memorable dining experience for you, one that stays with you forever.
Palm Beach, Florida
“Very Good..It's more like NY or Chicago then you expect in the High Country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were in CB for my son's wedding last year and we went to SS for pizza on evening with 16 people (called First) the food was fantastic, the service to our surprise was excellent as well..
I can't advise you what to order, we ordered at least 8 pies of all different kinds and all were great..

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Fort Worth, Texas
“I dig these pizza's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I know there new place is better for them, but I liked the out of the way place on top of the hill away from all of the tourists better! But I am glad they were able to make the move and still keep their prices reasonable. I like the pepperoni and meat pie, my wife is into the fig pizza. Great rita's also!

• Visited August 2013
Menlo Park
“It hurts to have to do this... don't go here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you look at my Trip Advisor reviews, you'll see that I don't post negative reviews. Until now, all my reviews have been positive. I take up negative experiences directly with the management. I tried that here, and have heard nothing back. The statute of limitations ran out, and when a frustrated friend complained that I should warn people about the bad as well as celebrating the good, I decided to write this.

This place sucks.

Short story: poor service, mediocre food, poor management, and they don't care.

Longer story:
We came a few days before the 4th of July, and it was PACKED. And yet they seated us. When you seat a customer, you make a tacit promise to serve them. They should have recommended us that it would take a while, and maybe even recommend another place nearby (there are MANY great restaurants on Elk Ave or just off it). They seated my wife and I and our three kids, and then left. We waited for 10-15 minutes before anyone even said "Hi", and then another 10 for drinks. 25 minutes before we got a drink? What about having three kids under 12 makes you think we want to hang out and have a long dinner? Don't you want to get us served and out so that you can seat one of the 20 parties of young people who might drink alcohol (make you a much larger margin) who are waiting?? Our dinner took nearly four hours for two pizzas, two drink orders (which were both wrong), and upon complaining, we got barely even an "I'm sorry". You know what you can handle and what you can't. Don't seat people if you can't serve them. If someone sends you a personal email that offers suggestions and complaints, respond. Otherwise, they will warn others.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kyleena F, Owner at Secret Stash, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
JP N - it hurts to have read that;) We're sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant around the 4th of July. Unfortunately there were a number of things that led up to your experience - mainly it is the sheer volume of demand that we have around the 4th - the second is the fact that we had just moved into an entirely new space just 2 weeks prior to your move. We were ironing out the kinks and the working to reduce our food turnaround times in a brand new kitchen with brand new staff.

Rest assured we have figured it out and things are running smoothly now.

We never saw any email from you - in fact we didn't hear that you asked to speak to a manager for that matter - had I known we would've been sure to rectify the situation and invited you back during a less busy period with a pizza on us. Please do let me know what email address you used. As you can tell by all of our responses to anything even remotely negative on tripadvisor that we are constantly trying to make things better and improve our customers' experiences!

Regardless, we appreciate the feedback and would love to have you come back and try us again. PM me on here and we'll work out the details.
Thanks!
Ky
Gunnison, Colorado
“The most eclectic pizza menu EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great pizza!! Select from a wide variety of truly unusual topping combinations. Some sound too weird to try - but they never disappoint! 'Figalicious" is a personal favorite. Interesting decor, but can be very crowded and noisy during "high season" - Overall, one of the best values in town and one we return to over and over. Unfortunately, VERY limited outdoor seating in summer and fall.

• Visited October 2013
Temple, Texas
“great pizza in downtown CB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

the Secret Stash has moved from it's cramped location at the end of Elk st. to a much more spacious and accessible location at Elk and 3rd st. Great pizza, nice atmosphere and good menu. Lot more space. Better parking access.

• Visited August 2013