“Comfy, Cozy and Great View!” 4 of 5 stars

The Nordic Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   14 Treasury Rd, Crested Butte, CO 81225   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Comfy, Cozy and Great View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Nordic Inn was a pleasure to stay at over the long Memorial Day weekend. The rooms were very comfortable, bordering on luxurious - though on the smaller side. The intent of the small room is to make you feel comfortable while in them, but encouraging you to explore all of what Crested Butte has to offer. I only wish there was seating on the upper balcony to relax with a glass of wine or just to sit and really take in the incredible view from the Inn.

The weather was impeccable, which lead to a want/need to be outdoors as much as possible. The Innkeeper Kim was well versed in the surrounding trails that were no longer snow packed this early in the season. I went for a hike on the Snodgrass Trail and the Lower Loop Trail, both recommended by Kim.

The Snodgrass Trail (7 miles round trip) is a moderate hike that starts with an uphill climb that is immediately rewarded by spectacular views and a moderate walk through a woodsy area. It was a great workout - the only downside was the number of mountain bikers sharing the trail - I would recommend getting an early start to avoid the bulk of the bikers which seemed to hit the trail between 11am - 1pm. Don't forget your camera!

The Lower Loop Trail (not sure of distance, walked out for an hour and then back - could have gone further though) is a very easy walk along the local river. Pretty views which are pretty much around every turn in Crested Butte and enough shady areas to make the walk very pleasant. There is a "restricted parking" area closer to the trail head that we didn't park in, but everyone else on the planet did - I would recommend parking there and ignoring the "restricted parking" sign. Don't forget your camera!

The continental breakfast at the Inn is light and convenient, which was great for my long hike day. If you are looking for a more hearty breakfast head into town to Izzy's which is in an alley, but totally worth it! They are known for the latkes and are included in just about every dish they serve. Kim will be able to direct you on Izzy's location. Brick Oven Pizza (recommended by Kim) is also a great place to grab a seat on the patio, have a beer and people watch (the pizza is pretty good too!) The shops in town were a little disappointing - Estes Park and Breckenridge have much better shopping. The poor shopping only made me want to relax more - which was the goal of the mini-vacation.

A very pleasant stay at the Nordic Inn and Kim really made me feel comfortable in my surroundings. I was by myself for the first night and felt completely safe at the Nordic Inn as well as in Crested Butte town. I will go back again someday for sure! Regards, EllenT.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned from our weekend away in Crested Butte and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The location is amazing, with close proximity to the mountain, as well as a 2 minute walk down to the bottom of the ski village where you can catch a bus into town that runs throughout the day and late into the night! The Nordic Inn is charming and comfortable. We brought our two pups with us and they felt just as welcome as we were. Kim is very accommodating and very enjoyable to be around. She remembers your names, asks what you did and if you need recommendations, etc. Feels like we've known her many years even though we just met. If you are looking for a cozy, inviting place to stay within reach of anything you need-this is the place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have yet to even stay at the Nordic Inn and Kim has made me feel at home and has saved my little mini vacation. I purchased a Groupon, so not even a full rate customer and she went out of her way to help me out.

I had some unexpected scheduling conflicts with my weekend excursion and started to freak out a bit internally. Kim was able to help me change my reservation which in turn kept me calm and made it a very easy process. Her relaxed demeanor helped me continue my day without being flustered.

Thanks Kim!! We look forward to our stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Job well done with the renovations!

However, the service was what makes me want to come back. Kim is an amazing owner operator...she's definitely real, down to earth and hospitable. Taylor did a great job during breakfast and check out.

Charming, charming, charming!

What an excellent home away from home!

• Stayed April 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here the last time that they offered a deal on Groupon. It was so amazing. The new owner, Kim, is very sweet, always chatting and making sure you feel at home. The breakfast is AWESOME and the skiing is unbeatable. The Nordic Inn embodies what Crested Butte stands for- a small, warm, home-away-from-home getaway. I can't wait to get back, and I will never stay anywhere else as long as Kim and Ken are around!

As a side note, I actually pulled the sheets completely off the bed in a vein attempt to see who made the mattress. It was the most comfortable bed I have EVER been in. Don't over-plan your stay; it's way too comfortable staying in :)

Room Tip: We had a corner room in the newly remodeled section of the Inn. It was gorgeous. The shower temperat...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My fiancee and I just returned from a long weekend away in Crested Butte. And all we can say is-- WOW! Kim, the owner, was genuine and personable. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when we return--it was home away from home! When we called the weekend before to cancel a reservation because of a family emergency, Kim was flexible, and had a room for us the following weekend. Everything was brand-new, and beautifully redone. She made recommendations for dinner, and let us know the scoop around town. Hands-down the best hotel experience in a very long time. The Nordic Inn is close to the mountain (with views of the runs at the resort from the hot tub!), a shuttle, and city bus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay in Crested Butte! Kim and Ken are the most inviting and friendly people who love Crested Butte and want to share their passion with all of us. They made us feel like old friends! We wanted to snowshoe on our second day. They have a full range of snowshoes at the Inn, gave them to us for free along with many maps and local suggestions on the best places to go. The summer sounds fantastic down there too -- with tons of mountain biking and hiking. Their newly renovated rooms are absolutely stunning -- elegant, simple and beautiful. The location is perfect with an adorable ski shuttle taking you right to the entrance of the ski resort.
The main lobby area has a huge fireplace and is so warm and inviting. The breakfast is delicious and all of the staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. They made lunch reservations for us at an adorable local place called Izzy's and we LOVED it!
We will go back again and again.
I just can't say enough about the Nordic Inn! Go and say hi to Kim and Ken!

Room Tip: Try out one of the newly renovated rooms. They also have a junior suite with small kitchen which ad...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Nordic Inn? Share your experiences!