“Great in All Seasons” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ghost Towns, Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Cross-country skiing, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: This ski resort with its Victorian look offers all types of terrain for the skier.
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great in All Seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

While staying in Gunnison, My dad and I decided to drive to Crested Butte to try mountain biking. The mountain is perfectly suited for the summer with racks for bikes on the lifts. At the top we decided to start off slow. The knee and elbow pads helped some, but by lunch we were both beat up and bloody. We decided to make it big and get one last run in down a run that was a little more challenging then the ones we had done earlier. I took the lead and raced down having the time of my life. The flowers were in full bloom and almost up to my waist. My dad fell behind me and had to ride down with a broken shoulder. Got xrays and a sling at the clinic at the base. Awesome day.

Visited June 2011

San Diego, CA
5 attraction reviews
“Fun Mountain for Intermediate Skiers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Crested Butte may be great for advanced skiers as well, but we stick to the blues and groomed blacks which are plentiful. You get a mix of conditions and terrains with spring skiing, so even after several days we aren't tired of the runs. This year the warm weather didn't let up but the base hung in there and the extensive grooming made the runs fun for several hours a day. The long run from the top of the Paradise chair to the East River chair is a fun way to start the day. The shops and restaurants are great. One item to note is that the snow report on the website was much more optimistic than realistic. With 58 degrees during the day, one would expect the base to lose a few inches. . . we saw bare patches on the slopes but they must take the base depth reading inside a refrigerated area somewhere.

Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“Perfect Mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Crested Butte is our new favorite ski resort in Colorado. It is well designed so that you can get most anywhere you want to go with the minimum time in a chair lift. The runs accommodate all ski abilities and the blue runs (my level) are the definition “cruisers” as most runs are long, wide, well-marked. My son says the black runs require a lot of traversing to access, but it is probably better when there is more snow. I’ll have to take his word for it. My youngest enjoyed the Painter Boy area most. Everywhere you look the views are stunning. We didn’t have to wait in line once. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely come back soon!

oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

From the free cookies and apple cider placed in convenient locations, to the guest service volunteers who happily answer all our questions, to the most qualified and talented ski instructors you could ever ask for (particularly Meghan O'Toole who was outstanding in every way) --- it is obvious that you are skiing at a 5 Star resort.

I cannot possibly say enough wonderful things about Crested Butte. The skiing terrain in top notch, the people are so friendly, the accommodations are superb and the choice of restaurants will make your head spin. We've been skiing at Crested Butte on and off for over 30 years and it just gets better each year.

Thanks again for another wonderful ski vacation. Hope to see you next year.

New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Late spring skiing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

No lift lines--a bonus. But spring skiing conditions were icy.