“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 55 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Specializing in eclectic American cuisine laced with Latin and French influences.Join us for an exceptional dining experience in our warm and intimate dining room which showcases the most spectacular views of Mt. Crested Butte and the surrounding mountains.Featuring the finest selections of:Elk ~ Buffalo ~ Beef ~ Lamb ~ Duck ~ Pork ~ and the Freshest Seafood with other nightly specials. On sundays we offer a classic Brunch with:Eggs Benedict ~ Banana Bread French Toast ~ Duck Confit Hash ~ and many other delicious choices
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent service, fabulous food, lovely environment, creative menu. Had a 5:30 dinner reservation and got half price on all food. Priceless evening

• Visited July 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Delightful as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

From the amazing collection of Orin Swift wines to the savory items available on the menu, The East Side Bistro is sure to impress! After dining there 4 years ago, I have not been able to forget the most amazing Foie Gras I have had the pleasure of savoring. I stopped in yesterday evening around 5:30. Though they did not have the same Foie Gras appetizer on the menu, they went out of their way to make me an amazing Cranberry Foie Gras Mousse as I happily enjoyed a glass of Orin Swift's 'E' wine. I chatted with the delightful owner, Liz, and was so happy I made the stop in. I will most definitely return year after year!

WesternCO, Owner at Eastside Bistro, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I was equally delighted to be able to have the time to get re-acquainted with you after so many years! Hopefully you will be able to visit us before too much time goes by again. And if you give us advanced notice before you come in next time we will be sure to re-create the seared Foie Gras you loved so much! Thank you for visiting us again and so glad you had another wonderful experience with us.
Crested Butte, Colorado, United States
“Fantastic Holiday Experience at the East Side Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had an excellent evening at the East Side Bistro during the busy holiday season. If you're familiar with Crested Butte, you know the holidays can be a bit chaotic. Most restaurants we visited during Christmas and New Year's week were a bit overrun by holiday visitors. But not the East Side Bistro. We were seated quickly thanks to our reservation (I'd recommend one).

The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The specials were outstanding. I had a fish entree and others at the table had elk leg loin and a beef dish. Each entree was well prepared and included unique and delicious sides. One of the sides was an elk marrow pierogi- it was amazing. The most memorable part of the meal was an appetizer on lobster with a limoncello beurre-blanc sauce. The sauce was divine! East Side Bistro also has a good bar, with an eye for classic and modern drinks. I adore their Manhattans!

My parents are visiting this spring and I plan to take them to the East Side Bistro.

• Visited December 2012
WesternCO, Owner at Eastside Bistro, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at the EastSide Bistro and very much look forward to seeing you and your parents in the Spring. Cheers!
Austin, Texas
“The Best at Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My fiance and I went to East Side Bistro for the first time this past weekend when visiting from out of town. We had a great experience from the branzino & wild boar to the service & ambiance. Despite the previous review, I thought our server was very respectful and attentive.
Thanks for the great experience!

• Visited January 2013
WesternCO, Owner at Eastside Bistro, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your evening at our restaurant! We hope that you will dine with us again on your next visit to Crested Butte.
Denver
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We've been to Eastside Bistro before and loved it. Not this time. The waiter was terribly condescending, constantly calling me "MISS" (and making a big deal of it) and making a big fuss over every little thing, like bread. If the food and service is good, one doesn't need to be interrupted and questioned over and over. I ordered duck, usually my favorite. It was extremely tough and bland, served on top of undercooked bland chick peas. My husband said his beef dish was excellent. We ordered fruit crisp for dessert. There was no crisp. It seemed like we were taken advantage of, given the extremely high prices.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
WesternCO, Owner at Eastside Bistro, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am so terribly sorry your last experience at the EastSide Bistro was so disappointing. I believe your server that night was new to the Bistro and was a bit inexperienced. I apologize that you felt he was being condescending and overbearing; I can only think he was a bit nervous. I truly apologize that your meal was not to our usual standards/what you are accustomed to at our establishment. We always welcome feedback and would have replaced your dish immediately if we had known it was not to your liking. We always strive to produce and create a wonderful experience from the service, to the ambiance, and most certainly the food. If a guest does not communicate that they are unhappy with any part of their dining experience we have no way of knowing our faults and subsequently fixing them or changing them. We please hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with the wonderful experience you are accustomed to at the EastSide Bistro with your next visit to CB. Again, please accept my apology for a less than desirable evening.