“Winter Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Colorado Highway 13, Craig, CO 81625 (Formerly Holiday Inn Craig)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Craig
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Winter Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Weather is awesome. Cooler in the evenings. Swimming pool and hot tub were very clean and warm. Very relaxing time. Our suite was beautiful our Bostons loved the room. Came to spend time with family and friends.

Room Tip: Room was on south east side and the sun shined most of the day beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came to stay and celebrate our valentine's. Very accommodating with helping my husband surprise us. Ate dinner at the restaurant our server Kaylee was fantastic and so polite and fun.. I wish the pool was just a tad warmer so my toddler could enjoy it too. Went to restaurant real quick for a dessert to go and again Kaylee helped. She was again very helpful and got my dessert ordered and out to me within a few minutes. Thank you

• Stayed February 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Only place in town to stay, eat, and have an adult beverage. The staff over all is awsome and have been the last 3 months of my stay. Great job!! Special thanks to the Cassidy's staff and the front desk.

• Stayed January 2015
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn but is now a Clarion Choice Hotel. We stayed at this hotel for over fifteen years and never experienced problems like we did this past weekend with Clarion. First of all being a Choice member won't buy you a thing. This hotel doesn't have any elevators so prepare to haul your belongings up the stairs, if you have a reservation don't expect to have it when you arrive. I made a online reservation the week of Dec 15, 2014 for a ground level suite. Immediately after making the reservation I called the hotel direct and explained to the clerk that we had a lot of gear to put into our room so would like a ground level room. The clerk said that she couldn't guarantee a room but suggested that I call back a day or so before our arrival date an make a request. On Friday Dec 19, I called the hotel and talked to the clerk, again explaining my situation. A few seconds later the clerk assigned us room #170 which would have been great beings it was by the door and on the first floor. On Saturday 12/20 we arrived at the hotel at approximately 930 AM to try and check in before we went out into the field. The clerk that greeted us was the same clerk that I had talked to the previous day on the phone. The clerk told me that room #170 wouldn't be ready until between 2/4 PM. We arrived back at the hotel at approximately 530 PM and found that our ground level room was no longer available. Angela was the clerk and Assistant Hotel General Manager that checked us in and informed us that not only was room #170 not available but no other ground level suite were available. With that being said we ended up hauling all of our gear up the stairs to the second floor. Angela wasn't accommodating in the least. She did say that she was sorry but that was about it. Once we got settled into our room we found that the fridge had a glass shelf missing and the bathroom fan was broke. On Sunday 12/21 we arrived back at our room and found the door was left open. We also had to call the front desk because the maid service didn't leave any toiletries nor did they change any of the sheets. On our way down to the pool we found the handle on the fire door missing and once we got in the hot tub we realized that the water was dirty and not circulating properly which ended up giving me a bad rash. After that I showered and headed for the front desk to inform the clerk that we would not be staying our last night and asked her what the final bill would be. The clerk pulled up the bill and said that we got a real good deal on the room. The only problem was that the real good deal was a lot higher price then what I booked the room for online. She continued to debate the price with me until I pulled my online invoice out and showed it to her, she immediately made the adjustment. I will also say that other guest as well as ourselves had a lot of problems accessing the hotel with our card key. The only way that we were able to enter the hotel is when another guest exited the building an opened the door for us. Like I said before we didn't have problems like this when this hotel was a Holiday Inn. It's my opinion that this hotel is grossly lacking in management and or any leadership. I will say the free buffet breakfast is one of the best that I have had for a hotel chain. There are a lot of quality hotels in the immediate area so make sure you check them out before you book a room at the Clarion Hotel. You may pay a little more but remember "You Get What You Pay For". I tried to reach management but got the same response that is on all of their negative reviews. It basically says that they are sorry and to come back and try them again.

and checked in with Angela who is also the Assistant General Manager of the hotel to find that our room was no longer available nor were any other ground floor suites. So

Room Tip: Keep in mind that this hotel doesn't have any elevators. First floor pool rooms are nice but th...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Hotel used to be a holiday inn, but has been a Clarion since January 2014. Rooms are clean and look like they have been refreshed. Staff was really great, I believe Rachel checked me in and she was very friendly and helpful. Didn't eat a the in hotel steak house because I had already eaten. Very Nice Experience and will stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: rooms are very warm and quite
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Smith River, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014 via mobile

We spent the night at the Clarion and were seriously disappointed. Granted it was hunting season and nothing else was available. But, really, I would expect a 2 story building in this day and age to have an elevator! Not so. The rooms were old and drab...none of the decor matched, so you had this rather disconnected feeling. I'm no interior decorator by any means. But, Honestly, native-style wall borders do not mix with plaid curtains. The price of the room was high for the quality of the accommodations. I honestly have stayed in motel 6's better than this. Unless you have no other choice as we did truly avoid this dump...No elevators???

• Stayed October 2014
Canyon Lake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

I stayed in the Clarion Inn for 9 days in September while I was photographing the Wild Mustangs at Sand Wash Basin, Colorado. The staff was very friendly and the hotel had an amazing breakfast bar every morning - the best complimentary breakfast I have ever seen anywhere. The room was very nice too - but the staff made this hotel so special! I'll be staying there again when I'm back up to photograph the horses next year.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!