“Amazing Christmas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilima Kiu Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Machakos
Kilima Kiu Manor
You added Kilima Kiu Manor to your Saves list
Konza, off Mombasa Road, Machakos, Kenya   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Machakos B&B and Inns
“Amazing Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My experience at kilima kiu manor was beyond description. My family and I were looking for somewhere nice and quiet to spend our Christmas and we found exactly that in kilima kiu manor. On arrival we were warmly welcomed. The staff was amazing. We took a tour around the hotel, the rooms are exquisitely done and each room is differently done. It has an impressive history and the interior decor is to die for! The scenery is breathtaking, excellent service and delicious food. Kilima kiu manor is a place worth visiting.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Awesome get away. Excellent service, Excellent food, Excellent environment. Would definitely do this again. By far one of the best places i have been to in Nairobi and it's environs. Fresh air, quiet environment, great scenery... Just great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Absolutely amazing place and even more amazing staff! I enjoyed the swimming and the mini trek up the hill. The food was fantastic! Splendid place for a quiet weekend get away! I love it and will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I were hoping for a nice quiet place where we could celebrate our wedding anniversary in style. When we arrived at the Kilima Kiu Manor we were pleasantly surprised to find that it even better looking than what we'd seen in pictures. Everything was simply beautiful. We received such a warm reception, it felt like we were visiting with friends who knew everything we liked and went out of their way to exceed our expectations and desires. The rooms are tastefully furnished, bed sooooo comfortable I didn't want to wake up, warm fireplace to keep the evening chill at bay and a view from the hills that takes your breath away. The food was spectacular, the chef really knows how to put together a scrumptious spread. My only regret is that I didn't take him up on his offer to show me how to make those delicious scones. The unique activities at the manor served to ensure there was never a dull moment during our visit while at the same time we had enough time to just kick back and relax and enjoy being together in what felt like our own little corner of the universe. The staff are warm and friendly, while never being intrusive and went out of their way to make our anniversary really special, a truly memorable experience. Special thanks to Kiki for not sparing any effort to make our stay memorable and to Patricia for making us feel like the lord and lady of the manor :) I could go on and on...bottom line, Kilima Kiu Manor is not just a holiday destination, it is an experience; an amazingly wonderful experience!!! One that I hope we will soon enjoy again.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool have an awesome view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit within East Africa and we don't ever do hotel reviews, but this one spot was so spectacular, we just had to give it credit. Spent last weekend here and it was incredibly AMAZING. Tucked in a quiet little spot in Malili...the place was so good its almost startling. Everything you could ask for in a weekend getaway . The service was extremely thoughtful, they went over and beyond what we had hoped for and effortlessly took care of every little detail from the moment we arrived to our departure. The manager, Kiki is wonderful, and we deeply appreciated her and the entire team for doing their best to make our stay special and memorable - the Chef and his team (whose food was fantastic), Katherine, John, Daniel and Maina. This is one hotel we are definitely looking forward to going back to, again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place exceeded our expectations. The staff were polite and friendly and professional, every little detail taken care of. The rooms were fabulous! The tranquility of the place is amazing. The food was out of this world.I loved everything about our stay! The manager, Kiki is very good at her job and my only regret is that we did not stay longer.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We went for a weekend in November as part of the "Kilima Kiu Experience" and never wanted to leave! Took us about 1.5hours to get there from Nairobi and you really don't expect to find this gem of a place at the end of that bumpy road! Upon parking, we were met by the workers who quickly and politely took our bags. We walked up to the main entrance to be greeted by the entire staff who had some refreshments waiting for us. Immediately you breathe in the Kilima Kiu air there is a discernible shift in your body, you start to relax and leave all your troubles behind! This is a place to come and rest your weary bones, to get away from work, to rekindle your romance, to be one with nature. There are horses, cows and birds on the immediate property and it really feels like you've gone to your family ranch house...Which means everything is intimately done. The rooms, suites really, are gorgeous, beds are comfy and spacious bathrooms. There's also a club room to just relax, sip on something, read the paper or whatever. A bar with top shelf liquor and a great selection of wines. A lounge with homely, comfy couches if you want to read a book while sipping on coffee. What I especially liked (as a foodie) is that I could walk into the kitchen and talk to the chefs and cooks about what they were making. Upon booking, you can let them know whether you have any dietary restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, diabetic, etc) and they will make you special meals. It was really a treat, we didn't want to go back to busy, crowded and noisy Nairobi! I'm rating them a four only because I went there when it was newly opened and I know there are other amenities being considered so I'm going to save my five rating for my return visit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kilima Kiu Manor? Share your experiences!