“Fantastic Getaway and not far from Nairobi!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kilima Kiu Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Machakos
Kilima Kiu Manor
Konza, off Mombasa Road, Machakos, Kenya   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Machakos B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Fantastic Getaway and not far from Nairobi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Absolutely amazing place and even more amazing staff! I enjoyed the swimming and the mini trek up the hill. The food was fantastic! Splendid place for a quiet weekend get away! I love it and will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I were hoping for a nice quiet place where we could celebrate our wedding anniversary in style. When we arrived at the Kilima Kiu Manor we were pleasantly surprised to find that it even better looking than what we'd seen in pictures. Everything was simply beautiful. We received such a warm reception, it felt like we were visiting with friends who knew everything we liked and went out of their way to exceed our expectations and desires. The rooms are tastefully furnished, bed sooooo comfortable I didn't want to wake up, warm fireplace to keep the evening chill at bay and a view from the hills that takes your breath away. The food was spectacular, the chef really knows how to put together a scrumptious spread. My only regret is that I didn't take him up on his offer to show me how to make those delicious scones. The unique activities at the manor served to ensure there was never a dull moment during our visit while at the same time we had enough time to just kick back and relax and enjoy being together in what felt like our own little corner of the universe. The staff are warm and friendly, while never being intrusive and went out of their way to make our anniversary really special, a truly memorable experience. Special thanks to Kiki for not sparing any effort to make our stay memorable and to Patricia for making us feel like the lord and lady of the manor :) I could go on and on...bottom line, Kilima Kiu Manor is not just a holiday destination, it is an experience; an amazingly wonderful experience!!! One that I hope we will soon enjoy again.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool have an awesome view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit within East Africa and we don't ever do hotel reviews, but this one spot was so spectacular, we just had to give it credit. Spent last weekend here and it was incredibly AMAZING. Tucked in a quiet little spot in Malili...the place was so good its almost startling. Everything you could ask for in a weekend getaway . The service was extremely thoughtful, they went over and beyond what we had hoped for and effortlessly took care of every little detail from the moment we arrived to our departure. The manager, Kiki is wonderful, and we deeply appreciated her and the entire team for doing their best to make our stay special and memorable - the Chef and his team (whose food was fantastic), Katherine, John, Daniel and Maina. This is one hotel we are definitely looking forward to going back to, again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place exceeded our expectations. The staff were polite and friendly and professional, every little detail taken care of. The rooms were fabulous! The tranquility of the place is amazing. The food was out of this world.I loved everything about our stay! The manager, Kiki is very good at her job and my only regret is that we did not stay longer.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We went for a weekend in November as part of the "Kilima Kiu Experience" and never wanted to leave! Took us about 1.5hours to get there from Nairobi and you really don't expect to find this gem of a place at the end of that bumpy road! Upon parking, we were met by the workers who quickly and politely took our bags. We walked up to the main entrance to be greeted by the entire staff who had some refreshments waiting for us. Immediately you breathe in the Kilima Kiu air there is a discernible shift in your body, you start to relax and leave all your troubles behind! This is a place to come and rest your weary bones, to get away from work, to rekindle your romance, to be one with nature. There are horses, cows and birds on the immediate property and it really feels like you've gone to your family ranch house...Which means everything is intimately done. The rooms, suites really, are gorgeous, beds are comfy and spacious bathrooms. There's also a club room to just relax, sip on something, read the paper or whatever. A bar with top shelf liquor and a great selection of wines. A lounge with homely, comfy couches if you want to read a book while sipping on coffee. What I especially liked (as a foodie) is that I could walk into the kitchen and talk to the chefs and cooks about what they were making. Upon booking, you can let them know whether you have any dietary restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, diabetic, etc) and they will make you special meals. It was really a treat, we didn't want to go back to busy, crowded and noisy Nairobi! I'm rating them a four only because I went there when it was newly opened and I know there are other amenities being considered so I'm going to save my five rating for my return visit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hard to know where to begin, really. My personal experience here was an outstanding one, in every respect. The room was as good as it gets, high ceilinged space with a substantial patio overlooking a glorious view. Well and thoughtfully appointed, the room reflected a serious consideration of the guest's desires - more than just requirements.

The food was even better, again all delivered in cosy surroundings with a very "English manor" feel. The little touches were something to behold: excellent cutlery imported from discreetly exclusive British and other European manufacturers. The quality of the food, largely sourced from local farming communities, felt like real organically produced tasteful produce. And sitting outdoors for lunch under an old African tree and in a utterly bucolic setting with wandering dairy cows nearby and horses (which the manor keeps at it stables for equestrian guests), is nothing to be sneezed at.

Most of all, it is th calm and serene atmosphere at the manor that gets you. Not too far off the beaten track to be a daunting trip to get there, it is still sufficiently isolated to be cut off from the madding crowd, as it were. And there are plenty of grounds to wander about in.

It's not a cheap place to stay at, but there is absolutely no reason why it should be. Value for money, however? I doubt you can find many (or any) better options in Kenya.

Room Tip: Get one with a patio overlooking the pool and the valley beyond. It's icing on the cake really...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Place is set in a serene area in Machakos. The food was amazing. The rooms very spacious and cozy and every little detail considered/ The food was very good and the ambiance very inviting. I applaud Kilima Kiu for the welcoming service offered to my husband and I. A must for a second visit!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kilima Kiu Manor? Share your experiences!