“Great Fondue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alpinista Family Bistro

Alpinista Family Bistro
172 Copper Circle, Unit C-1, Taylors Crossing, PO Box 4218, Copper Mountain, CO 80424
970-968-1144
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, European, Fondue
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chester
“Great Fondue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Four of us ate here 2 years ago and I would have only given it 3 stars at most, but after my last visit, and learning that they are under new mgt, I can give it a 5. My wife, adult daughter and I ate here Feb. 9 and ordered the Fondue Dinner. Service wasn't the quickest, but they were very helpful (they even let us sample a couple different cheeses) and we don't go out for dinner trying to sprint through to the finish, we enjoy taking our time and relaxing and discussing our day, so it was all good. Our 1st fondue came out and was fabulous. A Gruyere/Emmenthaler mixture I believe, it was the best cheese fondue I have ever had. And there was a huge pot of this cheese. Our visit 2 years ago with a table of 4, the cheese was so small that we needed much more, which of course cost more. But this visit, we kept trying to finish it off and couldn't come close. We even shared with the table next to us as they had never tried fondue and they also loved it. With the cheese was loads of very good homemade bread, several crunchy veggies and some very lean tasty beef tenderloin. And again, more than enough for us all. We finished off with the chocolate fondue for dessert which was perfect. It was a huge hit for all of us, as well as our neighboring table. They might be still working out some kinks with the new mgt, (other reviewers still have some complaints) but I can highly recommend Alpinista for a nice night out in Copper, especially if you are a fondue lover!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Take note: fondue is about the only thing they do well”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I really can't figure out what the good reviews are all about. The one thing I can say is that their specialty is fondue, so stick with that. We were a group of 8 with reservations, and our dinner was a comedy of errors. From our server (laid back would be the nice term, apathetic would also work) to painfully slow service (2 hour dining experience for one course) to sub-par food, we were laughing at how preposterous it all was by the end of the meal. Dishes came out at different times, and three of the eight were cold. Several items did not come as described on the menu (items missing). It really wasn't the server's fault, but he just didn't seem to care, either, until things got really bad. In the end, they made a well-intentioned, though bizarre, attempt at service recovery, offering us shots. My 77-year-old grandparents weren't interested, though! Just an odd, odd night.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stuttgart, Germany
“Huge Huge Food but Very Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went at 1 in the afternoon. Both lunch and breakfast items were available.

Food is huge. HUGE. Pancakes were gigantic and super fluffy (and good!) Fries were thick and dense. Salad was twice the size of a normal salad....and plentiful on the "stuff" --- ie, not just lettuce.

Food was incredibly slow --- not the waitstaff, but bringing the food to the table. Don't know if the kitchen was having trouble but we were disappointed in how long it took. About 25 minutes and there were only 3-4 other tables. I'd hate to see it apres ski at 5 pm.

Lunch not too bad...$60 for 4 lunches and we were full until dinner. Tables were a little sticky but they may have not cleaned up from the lunch rush yet.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“casual good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

located in the village of Copper Mountain. The five of us had breakfast and a dinner. The food was most enjoyable. The atmosphere casual.

Visited January 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“It was good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am surprised to see the poor reviews here. We stopped for breakfast on our way out of Copper and it was great! Kids had pancakes and eggs, and the wife had an omelet. I had eggs will salsa verde and tortilla chips. (Forget what it was called on the menu.) It was all good. I also had the bacon Bloody Mary, which was awesome and should not be missed. Service was friendly and prompt, and the prices were to be expected in Copper. Not exorbitant for the area, but not cheap either. I would go back.

• Visited December 2012