“Value & Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Telemark Lodge

Telemark Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copper Mountain
Prices are for rooms, adults
Telemark Lodge
Save Saved
You added Telemark Lodge to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   509 Copper Road, Copper Mountain, CO 80443   |
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Value & Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our family of four spent 5 nights in a Telemark studio at Copper. The location at first seemed a bit far from the lift but the walk was very manageable and comparable to the walk if we shuttled to the mountain. The building and unit we stayed in was a bit tired, but clean and worked well for us. The studio units have an efficient layout - the bunk beds with the pocket door to separate from the main room were appreciated by the teens in our group. Murphy bed was not the most comfortable night but better than a sofa sleeper. Kitchen had all the necessities for breakfast prep. We didn't end up coming back for lunches nor did we prep dinners in the condo. The furniture in our unit was older and a bit saggy, not really comfortable for hanging out. The recently renovated hot tub was nice, again not luxurious but good value for near slope accommodations.

Room Tip: Upper floors have best views.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Our daughter is living and working at Copper Mountain and we consider her very lucky to have secured this space. Although each unit may vary in updating, the location is outstanding. There are closer rental and vacation units, but those may be above restaurants and bars. The hot tub was under renovation and is on target for winter season. The Summit County bus, which is free, stops every hour right in front of the Telemark, which gets you to Frisco, Dillon and Breckenridge. I agree with the previous reviewers statement that if this is too far to walk, the slopes may be a challenge. It is family lodging, not luxury lodging. The extra cost is for the premium location. Worth our money

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay and we enjoyed Copper Mountain very much. The unit we rented was more than adequate, clean and very well furnished. The building is in need of some updates. I was disappointed to find that the hot tub was not available until we arrived. Don't believe the information about how close to the lifts the building is however. It's a very long walk to the American Flyer lift, across traffic and snow covered streets. We ended up taking the shuttle bus to the west end of the resort to avoid the walk.

Room Tip: Indoor parking is terrific!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Briantree, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

To get the best deals at Copper go to VRBO.com. You can deal directly with the owner of the unit. I was able to get this beautiful condo for $110/night. This condo was exactly as advertised. The photos on the listing were up to date, if anything they didn't do the actual condition justice, I found it to be more appealing than the photos depicted. The unit was clean upon my arrival and the condition of the unit was like new. The furniture was super comfortable as were the beds (I tried both to be sure). The Murphy bed is certainly superior to a pull out sleeper sofa and was one of the reasons I picked this condo over others. The leather recliners provided a wonderful napping spot after a good day on the mountain. The hassle free gas fireplace kept the unit warm and inviting. The mountain views were great, I particularly enjoyed looking out at night and seeing the snow cats working on the mountain. The unit had everything I needed right down to a coffee grinder for the fresh beans I purchased by mistake. The location was ideal, a 3 minute walk to the flyer chair. The owners were great to deal with and everything I needed for access into the garage and the unit was as described. I would recommend this unit to anyone.

Room Tip: Unit 505 was outstanding To get the best deals at Copper go to VRBO.com. You can deal directly with...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family had a great stay in the Telemark Lodge in January 2012. Based on the photos, I thought the lodge rooms might be small, but they were more than adequate for my family of 4. Wife and I slept in the loft upstairs (has its own 3/4 bath - shower, toilet, sink/mirror). My teen son slept on the Murphy bed downstairs (yes, you have to move the furniture around a bit). My teen daughter slept on the better than average rollaway cot.

The kitchen and dining areas were perfect. Compact, but everything you need and still room to eat at the bar or at the dining table. Dining table also great for playing card/board games. Gas fireplace, TV/Cable. Bookshelves, etc. Our unit was updated and very clean. Large bathroom (bath/shower/toilet/sink/mirror) downstairs. I always like these bathrooms where the sink is outside of the shower/toilet area - less fights over bathroom time.

View from the by window was beautiful. Looks out right over The Edge complex to the slopes. But not so close that you would hear the groomers or have their lights shine into your room. Back side faces the highway, but not a big deal at all. I did not hear any traffic noise.

Physical location - to me and my family, this was excellent. Although it is not really this way, you might consider as you move away from the slope that the luxury would go down a little. Which is fine for me...this lodge was certainly up to my standards and I believe less expensive that some of those a little closer to the slopes. Walking - piece of cake! Just a few minutes walk. If you can't do this walk, then you don't have any business on the slopes (other than disabilities, etc.). This was closer to the lifts than where many other mountains drop you off with the shuttle. Ski lockers downstairs - awesome. Garage parking - no valet, etc. - awesome. Give me the freedom of dropping downstairs to my car and I can head out to Frisco/Dillon, etc.

Note - some of the units (like most lodges/resorts in this county) have owners/full time residents in them. And a few of them have pets. I would stay again and would recommend Telemark. As always, I am not reviewing any of your neighbors or the exact condition of the unit you get.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

We rented a studio size condo through the owner for a last minute spring break trip. Overall it was a good value, clean, quiet, and well-maintained. Only downside was the walk back after a long day skiing. It wouldn't have been as bad for adults but it was a long walk for our 4 year old son! Shuttle stop is nearby (approx 50 yards) and we rode the bus as often as we could. There are plenty of places to stay that are closer to center village so I think we will try a different place next time. We will book earlier next season!

• Stayed March 2011
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

What a wonderful experience we had at one of the Telemark units. It has a fantastic view of Copper Mountain and Ten Mile Range. We relaxed in the hot tub watching the sunset. The unit has been totally renovated and has every amenity one can wish for. We enjoyed sipping cocktails in front of the fire place, watching hikers and bikers coming down the mountain, cook our favorite meals and get a relaxing night time sleep.

The Telemark's common areas, such as the lobby, the hot tub area, the covered parking, the private ski lockers, the bar-b-q area are certainly above average compared to other condo buildings.

I am very comfortable to say that the location of the unit would not be exposed to "smelly fish" and "tobacco smoke", and certainly does have all the upgrades that clearly separates the unit from the ones mentioned in the Trip Advisor (i.e. new plumbing, new fixtures, new floors, new kitchen and appliances, new bedding and mattresses, new European Shower, new lighting, new window coverings, new Quartz counter tops, etc.).

The reason we picked the Telemark over the other Copper Mountain buildings, is its location (away from bar, restaurant, music noise, but in walking distance to everything), it is made of concrete (much more quiet and sturdy than if it is made of wood framing), the mountain views (from our unit and from the hot tub), the parking (secure and covered), and the hot tub.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Telemark Lodge? Share your experiences!