“Incompetent, hard to believe they are #1 rated...” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CB Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Copper Road
Transit: Summit Stage: get off at the Passage Point bus stop at Copper Mountain Resort.
Aspen, Colorado
“Incompetent, hard to believe they are #1 rated...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Walked in to reeking smell of fish, yet there were hardly any seafood menu options. Servers all rude, distracted and not informed of availability of items. Was overcharged and treated badly afterwards.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boulder, Colorado
“OK Overpriced food - incredibly rude management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

So for the Holidays my sister and I decided we would take our parents out for a nice dinner, our treat, as part of their present from us. We wanted to make sure we went somewhere nice and we had to save up for the special occasion as neither has much money, but we wanted to treat them to something special. Too bad we choose this restaurant.

First off, we tried to reserve a table on open table for 6 PM - it prompted us that the closest time would be 8:30, so we choose that. Then we got an e-mail the reservation was pushed back to 8:45, ok. We show up at 8:45 and literally all but two tables that were paying their bills and leaving were completely empty! Why did we have to come so late?

Then, we tried to order a bottle of wine and each selection we choose was out of inventory - ok.

Food was just ok, menu not very creative, but overall not terrible. So overall it was an alright experience. That is, a few days later.

So my sister, her boyfriend and I all wanted to split the $204 bill three ways, $68 a piece with $12 tip. Their credit card machine was down so we had to write our credit card numbers down and have them run it manually when the machine came up.

Now mind you, I don't have much money, this trip here was suppose to be a special trip and I had a set budget for, maybe I'm a loser, but I just don't have a ton of money to throw around. Well, a few days later, my bank e-mails me that I have overdrafted. I am shocked, I knew I was close, but I keep a tight budget and could not think of what would cause this. Well the C.B. Grill charged my card the full amount! They charged the two other parties correct but me the full amount. Plus, I got charged a $35 overdraft fee.

So I try to call them based off the number online, tried to get through 10 times for like 20 minutes with no success, as the phone number is incorrect. So I had to go through Copper directory and get transferred. The woman who answered the phone is a nightmare. Granted I wasn't the happiest when I called I said my card was charged wrong and now I've overdrafted and I need this fixed, she cut me off after 1 min into the story to say "I know about the problem, and I am fixing it ok" I was like ummm - ok do you want my name? My number? The amount? She took my name and number and said she would call back. She did call back and she said ok, we took care of it, I voided the amount of $345 - I said $345, that's not the amount you charged me, and then she had to finally ask for details, she was crazy rude I thought surely she was a temp employee or something, nope Wendy Scott the manager. I asked for a manager and Wendy shrilled, I am the manager! So I explained and she kept insisting that I didn't actually get charged it was an authorization. Yet, my bank statement and overdraft fee say otherwise, she would not listen and insisted I was incorrect and had no sympathy and when I finally said, you know all I really want is an apology, she said ,"I am sorry about your overdraft situation, but that is obviously something you created and there is nothing I can do to help you." That's the apology!!! Made me feel like the lowest, cheapest, loser on the planet - thanks Wendy! I say listen just void it.....as 2 minutes ago she just did it to a $345 bill - she said it was out of her hands, too complicated and accounting would have to handle in the morning and she would call me back at 8 AM the next day - never heard back. Had to call the bank and disput the fraudulent charge and it's still lingering.

So basically if you want to be talked down to, treated like an inconvience and given a backhanded apology - go an frequent this restaurant, or if you have money to blow and don't care if they overcharge you, as obviously it happens frequently, then by all means, check it out and say hi to Wendy. But if you care about customer service and ethics - stay as far away as possible!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Copper Mountain, Co
“Great value, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Best restaurant in Copper. The food is upscale with reasonable prices. The menu has enough variety for families and the atmosphere is mountain casual. I think they change their menu seasonally. The wine list was also very good. The service is touch and go- we've had great, friendly servers in the middle of the ski season, and then just so-so service in the summer. Either way, it the best food for miles.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Didn't wash the lettuce!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is usually my favorite restaurant and food is usually amazing but not this time! I ordered the Salmon with grilled romaine lettuce and my lettuce was not washed and I ate sand. Being a chef myself, I wanted to let the kitchen know, to fix the problem before someone hurt a tooth but I was corrected by my server, that it must have simply been pepper. When I still didn't agree with her, she went to the kitchen and brought me the uncooked lettuce and showed me that their lettuce was sand free. I asked her to please take my plate away and I got to pick sand out of my teeth and still pay for my meal!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best place to eat in Copper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Eight of us ate at CB's in July. The restaurant was very busy (with a large group in the other room) but accomodated us readily. We were very happy. Good wine list, great wait staff. I had the buffalo rib eye (tasty) and one of our party had the lamb (as documented in earlier reviews, superb). We'll go back. Very pleased!

• Visited July 2012