“Relatively affordable, friendly, excellent snow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Adventure
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: A good family ski area for all levels.
abcdebeatty
“Relatively affordable, friendly, excellent snow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Not sure I disliked anything!!
Liked: Used free parking & shuttle from the outer lot, but spend $20 and you can be less than 50 yards from a lift! Lift tickets a little less pricey than other areas. Excellent snow conditions! Sunny! T-Rex Grill at the base of Timberline Express Lift is excellent for a mid-afternoon break hanging out in a chair.

Kaplan, Louisiana
“Great family ski area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

For our 2 daughters (10 and 12) and 1 niece's(11) first viewing of snow…we chose copper! It was a great fit because of the ease of getting around the village and cheaper lift tickets. Having all the green slopes together made it easier for us newbies to get around safely. I loved the wide open trails and no crowding!

Visited March 2014
Larkspur, Colorado
176 attraction reviews
“Carving Turns at Copper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This ski area has lots of terrain for all levels of skiers including in the upper bowls. Copper Mountain is a favorite of Colorado Residents and is easy to access right off of I-70 on the eastern side of Vail Pass. The snow conditions always seem to be better at Copper Mountain than other Summit County ski areas due to it's location at the base of the Gore Mountain Range.

There are close in parking areas for a fee but I go to the free parking. I like to park in the Alpine Lot (follow the signs to free parking when you exit I-70 to Copper Mtn). Park and then take the bus (Black Route) to the Super-B lift, as it is the shortest distance in the resort from bus to lift. The people that work there are friendly and helpful.

I learned a lot of cool local and natural history on the free 1 hour snowshoe tour (snowshoe rental is $10ish). Next time I will go on the full moon snowshoe hike so I can see what comes out at night.

Visited March 2014
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Love Copper!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been skiing Copper Mt during an annual week long trip in Summet County for the past 5 years. My kids have loved the ski school but alas have gone on to bigger and better things... Resolution Bowl for my 10 year old and Spaulding and Union Bowls for my 12 year old. We always ski at least 3 days here then say to ourselves, "let's retire in Frisco so we can do this every day!" Well, we have some time for that, good thing I have relatives out here! Outgrow this mountain? Nope! Not likely!

Milan, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“Copper Isn't Just for Locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Still love Copper Mountain. Lifties are friendly, crowds are managed well, and discount tickets saved good money this year.