“3rd time, still too expensive for kids...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: A good family ski area for all levels.
N Saint Paul
22 attraction reviews
“3rd time, still too expensive for kids...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Love the mountain but it's getting too expensive. My two sons are 8 and 11. They were each $65.00 a day. Come on! My 8 year old was tired by 1:00. The youth is the future of the sport. Still love it just too expensive for kids.

54 attraction reviews
“Great ski area, lots of locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Made a trip to copper with some friends. We have never skiied here but were pleasantly surprised.

Everything is pretty organised and you drive into several parking lots, some of which are free. various shuttles ferry people to different areas of the mountain. It is easy to work out which shuttle to be on as sinage is quite good.

We went tubing which was fun. An activity that is a good option for those who cant or dont want to ski. Appeals to lots of age groups and the staff were friendly. There is a magic carpet on the side so you dont have to walk all the way up the hill. Although it isnt as long as other tubing areas (eg whistler is huge) it was still a ton of fun and managed to get over 8 runs in.

The snow was AMAZING and looked like it was frequented by many local experienced skiiers and snowboarders. Apparently it is extremely popular for snowboarding but i saw tripple the amount of skiers when i was there.

It is pretty reasonably priced, including food and drinks compared to other ski areas. Not a huge amount of water fountains which was a bit annoying but apart from that not too bad. The store had lots of options and offered lots of deals also.

There is a bucketload of trails availbable and caters to the novice to the super expert.

Nice to get away from the crowds and ski with locals!

ps if you decide to go tubing, book at least a week in advance. you are able to get a slight discount.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Gracious Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I bought a Groupon for Copper Mountain and failed to read the fine print that said the day I was there was blacked out for the deal. Having driven 2 1/2 hours to get there, I was frustrated. The person at the ticket window suggested I talk to Guest Services. I expected to be told "NO" but to my utter delight , they honored the groupon deal. Thank You Copper!! I also have a pass from the OTHER place nearby and am sure they would not be as gracious as you were !!! The skiing was great and I was happy!! Thank you for not being greedy!!!

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great ski area.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my 3rd trip to Copper over the past 5 years and I always enjoy it. Conditions raged from excellent to average for a Colorado ski area. But the variety of terrain is what makes this place great. Plus you can always find groomed trails, even in Copper Bowl. I'd recommend this are to anyone who has never skied in Colorado as a great place to start.

Michigan
65 attraction reviews
“Great place to ski”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were lucky enough to be approached on the hill by a pair of "mountain hosts". What a wonderful service. They showed us around the mountain (wherever you are comfortable skiing) and pointed out some beautiful spots on the mountain. They took pictures of our party for us. We didn't have to open the map or try to decide what lift to go to. There was a sudden change in the weather and they changed our route accordingly.
They will accept donations, but no charge for this wonderful service!!
Great place to ski! We enjoyed it so much!