“just do it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Karuna Detox Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dolton
Karuna Detox Retreat
You added Karuna Detox Retreat to your Saves list
Ham Farm | Cleave Hill, Dolton EX19 8QT, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dolton
Les Arcs, France
“just do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I cannot brag enough about the whole experience, in terms of how it was run, the people, the support and the teachings. What I lost weight wise I gained knowledge wise and I came away with a great outlook and a fresh start. It's a little tough at times during the week but completely worth it-do yourself a favor and just do it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been to two detox weeks at Karuna, and both have had such a big effect on my life. The team at Karuna are simply wonderful and a joy to be around. The space created at the detox retreat is kind and calm, the perfect platform for leaving any stresses and worries behind and enjoying the detox of body and mind!
The morning meditations were a blessing as they connected me back to myself - it is amazing what you forget when you don't take the time to look within!
I really cannot recommend the retreat enough, if you are unsure whether you need a full week of mind and body detoxification - give it a go and you will be forever thankful!
I left healthier, happier and armed with the knowledge to change my life for the better!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house are perfect!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
california usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

an amazing journey - a wonderfully friendly informative educational week - the best investment that you can possibly make in yourself - for your body and your mind - its like putting your old banger in for an MOT and coming out with a rolls royce!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

An amazing, life altering week, I have stopped smoking and drinking and, as a bonus lost 10 lbs. I have come away from the week with a new attitude to my health and to life. Thanks to Sho and the team for their support, I cannot recommend this highly enough if you are looking to change direction in life.
Lynn, London

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I arrived at Karuna with a very unhappy digestive system and a back log of emotional fear.
I immediately, felt welcome and comfortable.
I found the first couple of days hard, living on fresh juice, but was captivated by the nutritional workshops we had daily and the meditation sessions in the mornings felt relaxing and re-assuring.
We had the opportunity to walk everyday, in a group or alone, in beautiful countryside which helped a great deal. The treatments were glorious and the support was there, emotionally and in any other way I needed, day or night..
I found the colonics very helpful, but would recommend to listen carefully to your body at this time, it will tell you when enough is enough!
I commend the staff at Karuna and thank them for a second chance for a healthy and happy life!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

OK so let's get one thing straight, you will not eat anything AT ALL until the final night when the 'teachers' prepare a raw food feast which is utterley delicious. All you will have is water, psylium husks, and diluted fruit/veg drinks with 'supergreens'. Oh & don't forget the herbal tea's-God I was craving an ordinary cuppa like never before.
I was so weak and riddled with detoxifying side affects (headaches, flu like syptoms etc) that I could do no more than go to the sauna & the pool. Country walks were off the menu due to lack of energy, so was yoga although I did manage 2 sessions. Sleep is difficult because the toilet beckons all night long as you've drunk tons of water, which makes you even more tired and weak. The staff are great and so are the treatments, I never heard anyone (of the 20 guests) say a bad word about either. Everybody helps each other out and there is plenty of support from the staff who will guide those that need emotional support. I heard lots of positive feedback from people in this respect. The last night heralds what will be the best food you've ever tasted, guaranteed! Everybody's spirits are sky high with the added benefit of losing all that excess weight. You are told to expect euphoria after enduring such a feat and indeed I did on the journey home which was odd to say the least! Euphoria without alcohol, a lottery win or the birth of a child? I never thought it was possible-now I do! MAYBE I'd even go back ;-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
St. Leonards-On-Sea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Karuna Detox is a wonderful healthy weight loss experience. I amazingly lost almost a stone in weight in 7 days, but that's not all I lost. I lost a ton of gunk in my colon which if left there causes premature old age and disease. The team at Karuna are lovely people and very knowledgeable about health in general. I would recommend this to all my friends as it is a totaly cleansing and life changing experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Karuna Detox Retreat? Share your experiences!