“Best Tiramisu!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Tiramisu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at JJs for years. I am a connoisseur of tiramisu, have it in every state, and every restaurant I visit. To date my favorite restaurant for tiramisu is JJs right here in our hometown. Very creamy, the cake is delicious and whatever they soak it in before serving makes it. Have even considered applying as a cook to get the recipe. ;0)

Conifer, Colorado
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We are local and used to frequent JJ's weekly. Then something changed...the cook, I'm guessing. Now our food is hit or miss ~ some days it's wonderful, others it's practically unpalatable...like the chef's only seasonings are pepper and garlic. The alfredo, which my 4-year-old used to love, has to be wiped off due the the numerous large chunks of garlic in it.

So sad, because the staff is great, prices are reasonable, and we have very few restaurants to choose from up here. Please cut back on the extreme overuse of garlic and pepper ~ especially on the children's menu items!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“best food in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

great food, small and lovely setting. It does have a seperate bar or dinning room. Great service! I can not wait to come back.

Visited July 2012
Midland, Texas
“Decent, but Americanized Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Saw the huge number of cars surrounding this place and figured the locals must know something right.

We were brought to a table and delivered bread and marinara sauce (which was quite good), but then sat there for almost 15 minutes before a server came up to take our drink and food order.

We had the gnocchi and fettuccine carbonara for dinner, preceded by salads. The salads were fresh, but my partner found the house vinegarette somewhat lacking in flavor. I was content with the crumbled bleu cheese dressing. Both of the HUGE entrees were served hot, and were generally tasty, but completely smothered in sauce. Unfortunately, this let the sauce far overpower the delicate taste that can be found in the gnocchi, and in the carbonara, really tasted like cream with some other bits of things in it, wish I could recall what those were.

Unfortunately, with the excessively large (even for me) serving, there was no room to sample any of the dessert options.

Our server, recognizing the error in delayed service at the beginning, made considerable amends without prompting, and applied a 50% off entree discount to our bill, which I was happy to gratefully acknowledge. Unfortunately, as we left, two employees at the front entrance were far more interested in one of their cell phones instead of their customers, and we received nary a thank you as we exited.

In summary, we wish the entrees were not quite so large, and weren't covered in an excessive amount of sauce. And it looks like the management need to have a word with their staff regarding being attentive to customers. Next time, I think we'll try someplace else.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Great Italian food with lots of choices. Gnocchi is great as is the pizza. Free appetizer of warm bread and red sauce makes my mouth water when I walk in the door. Mmmm. Looks like a gathering place for locals and tourists alike. We've been several times and have always lived our dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere