“Nice but boring” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Stotsenberg

You added Hotel Stotsenberg to your Saves list
Hotel Stotsenberg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Gil Puyat Avenue and Andres Soriano Street, Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Luzon 2023, Philippines   |
Hong Kong, China
“Nice but boring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Flying out from Clark at 7:30 in the morning meant that staying in a nearby hotel the night before would save a few hours of shut-eye. We therefore checked in to the Stotsenberg at 6:00pm the day before.

The hotel is very grandiose and is probably intended to be a 4-5 star hotel. As is common in the Philippine provinces, somehow it doesn't quite make it and therefore what you get is a low end 4 star.

The room was a little small but clean and comfortable. To get to the room was a huge hike from reception. The bed was a queen size (we would have preferred something bigger) and the room outlook was below ground, making it all feel a little claustrophobic. I suspect that all this was a reflection of the price we paid (via Agoda) which was fairly competitive.

Given the room's "cosiness", we didn't want to spend too much time in it and therefore wandered around the hotel: The pool looked good but we weren't going to hang around it in the evening when the midgets come out, so we moved on to the bar: This was completely empty and playing really, really loud boom-boom music (even at 7pm). We weren't suprised it was empty 'cos it wasn't like you could talk in there anyway.

Without transport there's nothing accessible around the hotel, so we finished up sitting in the coffee shop at reception. At 10pm, we went to bed.

The car from the hotel to the air terminal arrived promptly at 5:30 the following morning took all of about 10 minutes, which was our main purpose in the first place.

Hence from the perspective of having a clean and comfortable pre-flight stop-over, the hotel was perfect, but for any other purpose, I would trade a star for a bit of fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am a flight attendant since 1995 and I've been living in hotels for almost 20 years. I've seen hotels from the bad to the most beautiful.

I live in Manila and we wanted to get out of the city so we drove to Clark. Our usual hotel there is the Holiday Inn but I heard from some friends about Stotsenberg Hotel. We called the hotel to check the availability and from booking to check out the our stay was fun. My children enjoyed the pool, my wife liked the small gym and I enjoyed lounging in the big courtyard at night. Food was reasonably priced too. What I really liked about our stay was the very nice room. The room I booked was the Executive Suite and for the price I paid it was well worth it. The suite had a receiving area with an actual dining table and mini kitchen. The bathroom was big and has enough supplies. The bedroom was also nice with a TV ( though I would prefer an LCD TV) and the bed was comfortable. The airconditioning was also superb with two split type aircon to beat the summer heat.

We enjoyed our stay and I am sure to go back there to escape the city heat and enjoy the laid back feel of Clark. If you wanna jog or bike the hotel is in the middle of a beautiful spot where there is a trail for biking and running. The hotel is also 15 minutes away from SM City Clark, a major shopping mall in Pampanga and around 20 minutes away from Marquee Mall.

I had fun and I am sure my wife and my children enjoyed their stay. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This place looks nice but they stuck us in a crappy corner room. We were moving there and had 4 large bags, we could barley fit them in our room. Smoke smell in the room. The pool is ok, but the water slide looked worn down. Poor food, over priced. Not pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Clark Freeport Zone hotels

Pope City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I must admit that the place is wonderful, great for family outings, recollections, wedding receptions and office team-building sessions. The sales manager Ma'am Elenor was very hospitable and accommodating to our needs and the staff were prompt and courteous.

Room Tip: Go here on Sundays, they have a promo called Manic Sundays which allows 65% off on room rates, excel...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mandaluyong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I love the breathtaking spacious outdoor site upon arriving the hotel. And their classic and cozy ambiance when I entered the lobby. It's makes you feel so relax after a long day work. And their comfy bed and bright room makes you wanna stay all day in the room to sleep. And the wide swimming pool where you can swim all around. And if you want to unwind there's cafe, bar and casino for entertainment. And on your last day of stay if you wanna buy gifts for your family or loved ones you can to the gift shop. This is the one stop place where you can have everything, a lot of reason to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Love the contemporary structure and design of the hotel, a great place to stay with a nice & comfortable rooms. It turned out to be the best hotel I stayed at in Pampanga and at a very good rate. I'll definitely use your service the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Working all day, with dozens of client visits in the prosperous land of pampangga. I had an amazing uninterrupted sleep in a comfy soft bed along with fluffy soft pillows on the side.

I wonder, can it be the bed or maybe, It just really felt so right that at an instance you'll drift away in lala land sleeping amidst the clouds.

Breakfast was delivered via room service the following morning, a tray of basic breakfast with coffee, bacon n' eggs and buttered toasts.

It's a bright and sunny day outside, fully energized!

I will definitely, be coming back at Hotel Stotsenberg!

Room Tip: Staffs are very nice they will give you extra towels if you need one!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Stotsenberg? Share your experiences!