“Nice breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Clark

You added Holiday Inn Clark to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Clark
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mimosa Drive, Mimosa Leisure Estate | Clark Freeport Zone, Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Luzon 2009, Philippines (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Clark Field)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Taipei, Taiwan
“Nice breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is far away from the SM mall, the shuttle bus only from 6pm, it's not convenience, comfortable bed , nice breakfast but bathroom is too small and no bathtub.the swimming pool is small and not good for swimming only for playing.
這間飯店距離SM很遠,出入要飯店叫車,一趟要350披索。飯店交通車要下午六點後才有,很不方便。泳池很小,也不適合游泳只適合玩水,房間床很舒適,但浴室很小沒有浴缸。早餐很豐盛美味,距離高爾夫球場有一段路,飯店附近什麼都沒有,很不方便。

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clark, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear dwekellywu,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel certainly could do with an upgrade but having said that the room although a bit tired was clean and adequate. I cannot fault the service from the staff who went out of their way to assist when asked. We only dined in the "upmarket" restaurant which was excellent. Overall if the hotel appearance matched its staff it would be top notch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
holidayinnclarkphil, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clark, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Patricia L.

Thank you for posting your comments, we are glad that you appreciated our service, I will share your kind words to the rest of the team. We are also pleased to inform you that renovation is undergoing at the swimming pool until next month, and hopefully in the other areas in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back, should your trip brings you back in Clark.

MarCom Exec.
Hong kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over 30 times in past 16 years, even put our wedding party up here. The only good in this hotel is the bakery, which is excellent.

Otherwise, it is a clip joint. They charged for everything, have the lowest quality towels I have seen in any hotel, and the hotel is just not clean.

Just a disaster......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
holidayinnclarkphil, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clark, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear MarkHongKong63,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty over the past 16 years thus your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are glad that you love our bakery items and we are pleased to share with you that a new range of pastry products will be launched starting this August.

I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies on your concerns about the cleanliness of the hotel , towel quality and other services that you deem is unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectation especially on this occasion of your 30 nights stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

In order for me to get a clearer understanding of your stays, I will be emailing you privately so that I can obtain further details and take the necessary corrective actions.

I trust that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us again as your preferred choice of accommodation in Clark, Pampanga.

Michael Melzer
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

first time I have stayed here and it was reasonable. Second night I had to be moved in the middle of the night due to the noise from the aircon system. That was not good. Duty manager paid for my breakfast on the last day which was nice.

Staff are friendly and very helpful

Room Tip: Ask about being near the aircon systems, they make a terrible noise if it rains
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
holidayinnclarkphil, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clark, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Brendon B,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts about your recent stay. I would like to apologise that you did not completely enjoy your stay due to the noise that you experienced.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Clark and look after you to make sure you will leave our hotel fully satisfied next time.

Metro Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's our second time in this hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe room for one night only. The room's nice and clean, but I think the hotel needs some improvements and repairs with re their facilities especially around the pool and billiards area. Breakfast buffet's good, they have a wide variety of cuisines available.

Check-in was fairly fast, and their staff were friendly, plus attentive to our requests and needs. We requested for a later time for check-out, and they allowed us to stay up until 2pm (standard check-out 12nn) without extra charge, which is good.

Overall, I'd rate the hotel average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Khristine MetroManila

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

On the other hand, I am happy to inform you that our swimming pool area is currently undergoing renovation and we have a new pool in mid September. We hope to see then and experience and enjoy the new pool with your family.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visiting the Philippines again, this was the first time I would be staying outside of Metro Manila. As I have Priority Club Gold status and there was a bonus points promotion on, I was enticed to try the property in Clark. The staff are great and the property feels more relaxing than the ones in Manila. There is free valet parking and as I had a rental car I found this useful. I used the pool, for a change and it was great. The hotel is situated in a lovely leisure estate, which has a gated entrance, with 24 hour security. This keeps local Angeles life at arms length. Nearby is a big SM mall, with free paring. The hotel also runs a shuttle service to the mall. There is a cinema complex at the mall, including an IMAX screen. I saw "Man of Steel" I IMAX, there, far cheaper than I would have been able to in London. The Holiday Inn Clark feels like an oasis of western life, in the middle of Pampanga. Easy access to the Northern Luzon Expressway (NLEX), so a simple drive from Manila. Regarding the complaints about lack of an airport shuttle, well, I didn't need it as I drove from Manila. However, taxis are cheap in the Philippines, so it doesn't seem that big a deal, to me. One small annoyance I did have was being charged for internet use. IHG was due to eliminate such charges for Gold Card members two days after my departure. When I stayed in Manila the week before they waved the charge for me, as it would be eliminated in less than 2 weeks. At Clark, they still charged me. Internet charges are one of my pet peeves. Such charges are being phased out for Priority Club members as part of the new IHG Rewards scheme, so if you are in the program it shouldn't be an issue anymore. Prices are a bit cheaper than in Manila. I would definitely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joseph B,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel and I am glad that overall you had a nice week long experience at Holiday Inn Clark. We apologized for the internet fee, and yes, you are correct that Elite & Platinum IHG Rewards Club Members have free internet access now, and regular Club Members starting next year.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your “oasis of western life in Pampanga”.

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I never would have paid attention to this hotel if we did not need a transit hotel for one night to early in the morning to fly out of Clark airport, not far away (about 4 km from hotel). Holiday Inn brand and a decent price made my choice. Upon arrival we were given a superior room (a little larger), however, I was not impressed with the view from the window.
We did not use breakfast and hotel restaurant.
I note two major drawbacks that do not allow me to recommend Holiday Inn Clark.
1) There is no free airport transportation Clark, though the trip takes only 5-7 minutes. The transfer provided by hotel will take a large sum of money by the Philippine standard (350 PHP), and there is no alternative, only taxis with prices not lower.
2) Location can be classified as a failure for any active tourist. In the vicinity there is no infrastructure (restaurants, shops, etc.).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayinnclarkphil, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clark, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Iyagywonok,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It was regrettable to see your dissatisfaction with the transportation around Clark especially to and from the Airport. This issue will be discussed with the team.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Clark as there are activities you can do in and around the area.

Grace Viray
MarCom Exec.

Been to Holiday Inn Clark? Share your experiences!