“" I LOVE WIDUS RESORT & CASINO"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Widus Hotel and Casino

You added Widus Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Widus Hotel and Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Manuel A. Roxas Highway | Angeles, Pampanga, Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Luzon 2023, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Beat the heat Wid Us!
Paranaque, Philippines
“" I LOVE WIDUS RESORT & CASINO"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

For someone who is always tied up with the daily pressures of life in the metropolis, a nice out of town retreat never fails to recharge both body and soul. I discovered this resort in clark which exhudes an aura of tranquility that warmly invites anyone who hungers for a genuine retreat.We were warmly greeted by the front desk attendants, whose smiles compliment the welcoming ambiance of the lobby.Our hearts were filled with delight as we entered our spacious room which have exceeded our expectations. With its king size bed, cool airconditioning system and mini kitchen. We just wanted to spend the rest of the day inside our room and cuddle into deep slumber.Never we had experienced in the longest time such a relaxing night swimming in its immaculately clean pool. Our palates were pleasantly satiated by variety of international dishes in their buffet.And as a night cap, a soothing visit at the spa guaranteed our peaceful trip to dreamland. We left the resort the next day as we brought home with as such fondest experience - great staff,service and facilities! indeed, widus Resort and casino is a haven of heavenly and homely comfort. its FUN to say at WIDUS.

Room Tip: " Choose poll view room"
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
tuguegarao city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I felt like i'm in other country. Rooms are well designed and equipped. We were accommodated by a Junior Suite king Bed.Studio-type with spacious Living Room with Trundle Bed, Toilet and Bath with Bathtub and 8" Shower Head, 32" LCD Cable TV, 6 cu. ft. Refrigerator, Microwave Oven and Balcony.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed in the one bedroom suite. Bed was very comfortable! But pillows for the pull out beds in the living room were of very poor quality. They only have bed sheets to spare, no blankets for the extra bed.
Waiters need to be trained to be more alert to have fast service....they tend to group together and talk. Overall, staff is friendly. I love the pizza. Rooms are big and new!

• Stayed April 2012
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything from Hotel Vida when we left our hotel in Manila. The trip from Manila took us less than 2 hrs. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a bright and a high-ceiling lobby. I already loved the ambiance of the lobby the moment we arrived.

We are a large group so I expected check-in to take long. We were told to be seated in the lobby, while waiting. But to my surprise, they got everything in order. Check-in was so quick, and the next thing we know we were told to go up to our rooms. Our bags were left and they told us they will just deliver it to our rooms.

Once we got to the rooms, I started to like Hotel Vida more. The room that we had was good for 2-3 persons. It had two double beds and one single. The room also had a mini-kitchen, and mini-bar, and a mini-living room with couch and huge LCD TV.

The room was bright from the sunlight outside but at night it only has soft lights (which I loved). You can either have a view of the Casino outside or a view of the pool.

The food was also good. We had breakfast at Salt Restaurant, the buffet spread was complete. And I liked the food. It also has Korean cuisine, you'll like it if you are a fan. All our needs were well-attended by the staff of the hotel and the restaurant.

The only downside of the hotel was the its wi-fi at the rooms is not free. You have to pay a certain amount for it, I think its P250. But if you want free wi-fi you can stay at the restaurant area or near the pool. But thats the only bad thing I can think of. Everything else is very much ok and even excellent.

Also, the hotel is located in an exclusive part of Clark. If you want peace and quite that's the place to go. Aside from swimming an early morning jog or walk around the area is something that you can do too! Its so quite and the surrounding is so clean and gree that I thought I can already live there! And if there is anything you need you dont have to go out of the area, there is a convenience store which is of walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ebina, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I just got home from this Hotel. When we got in, the room gave us a fresh feeling that we will have a very comfortable sleeping time here. The bathroom is nice and there's a little nice bar where you can sip a cup of tea, then there's fridge, microwave oven, coffee pot, hair dryer, complete set.

Of course, when choosing hotel, it's not just always the room, but the staffs as well. I've been to several hotels and only to the hotel, I have experience that I am not very welcome to stay. No smiles, no greetings.

They have a restaurant just at the lobby area. Food is quite expensive but it was very good. Love their Caesar salad, spaghetti guisado, the other pasta which I forgot the name with lots of tomato sauce. After dinner in their restaurant, no goodbye's as well or thank you's, the staffs simply let us flew.

Room Tip: Better yet not to book rooms on the first floor which is near the lobby, kind of noisy. All rooms ha...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Hotel Vida is, according to one website, the newest addition to Clark's hotels. It seems like it, because the first time we entered the hotel, the lobby is bright and has new furnishings, everything is clean up to their rooms, no sign or smell of old carpet or anything.

We checked in at a Deluxe room. We got the rooms 2509, 2401 and 1508.

The PROS:
* The room is average in size, the ceiling is also average in height.
* There's a provision for your luggage and roomy cabinets for hanging your clothes.
* TV is big, although it's not yet the LCD type of TV.
* There's a space beside the TV for your other things or laptop.
* It has a casino just right across the hotel entrance.
* Rooms have a balcony.
* The free breakfast that comes with our package is good too. We had a Saturday breakfast and they served bacon, sausages, rice, chicken

The CONS:
* We took a Twin room. The beds are small. Only one person can use the bed. I've seen other hotels with two single beds, but can fit 2 persons on each.
* Bathroom should have beeen spacious if they arranged the toilet, bathtub in the right order. When you open the door to the bathroom, you'll hit the person using the toilet with the door. If you ask me, bathroom is small.

Location of the hotel to establishments is good, it's in the middle of it all. But in Clark, the shops are a bit far from each other.

The room numbering is 4 digits.

The first digit refers to wing 1, wing 2 or wing 3.
The second digit refers to floor number.
The last 2 digits is the room number.

Wing 1, Left side: faces the pool area
Wing 1, Right side:
Wing 2, Left side faces the pool area
Wing 2, Right side: faces the mountain or trees area.
Wing 3, Left side:
Wing 3, Right side.

Our room in 2509 is in the second wing right side. It has a strong Sun Broadbanc and Globe signal.

Room Tip: please see full review
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

It used to be that Holiday Inn was the best bet, but given the newer rooms/furnishing in Hotel Vida, I really think that this is now the best one inside Clark in terms of facilities. They have new brighter rooms and relatively bigger in terms of space.

I stayed at the junior suite for 4 nights during the Hot Air Balloon Festival. The service though needs to be improved especially in their only restaurant. Got a voucher for P300 and supposedly I can exchange it for whatever food item in the menu - true but only if I dine in. If I'm taking it out which was the case, they only allowed me to have a regular brewed coffee which was less than P100 and they told me that it was an accommodation from their end. This was because the salesperson handling our account was not in the hotel.

You have to make sure also that you course your request not through the Korean front desk people if you cannot speak Korean to avoid miscommunication. I don't think they speak and understand English so well especially if the other person speaks fast in English. But since this hotel is owned and caters more to the Korean market then they have a reason/role for being there.

They have very limited menu and they have a separate Korean menu. Their buffet at P850++ is not value for money.

So despite having nice rooms I am still giving them just an average rating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Widus Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!