“Great family gathering -- terrific wait staff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Denver, Colorado
“Great family gathering -- terrific wait staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Family members all had something different and were pleased with their selections. Prime rib was wonderful, London Broil tasty, Mexican plates very good. Desserts were yummy. We had a terrific waitress that took the effort to remember names when she heard other family members speak to them. Overall nice evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I would never go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Was very excited to check out the place. We ordered appetizers and we should of known from that moment the food was not gonna be good it was terrible,disgusting food was very salty, over cooked,no flavor and the service was not something to remember. Our server did not bring out our food at a appropriately and there was only 4 tables which 2 where already eating. Very unhappy with our visit and I'm not hard to be pleased.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“World class Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

On a recent trip through Denver we decided to check to see if the Gala Gardens was still there. We had lived in Denver in the 80's and often went to the Gala Gardens for their 22 oz T-bone steak. It had been a "hidden treasure" where we would take visitors for a treat. Imagine our surprise to find the restaurant nearly unchanged from our fond memories. Not fancy but a great place for a casual, comfortable and reasonable night out. Highly recommended!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elgin, Illinois
“Hidden Treasure for Seniors, Snowbirds and Nostalgia Buffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This restaurant was a very pleasant surprise on our return trip to the Chicago area after our winter in Arizona. We stayed at the La Quinta in Henderson, Colorado which is in a great location and nice hotel for snowbirds, but dosen't show a wide choice of restaurants nearby. This restaurant is within 2 miles and could possibly be one of your favorite restaurants. While today;s restaurants values are based on Location, Location, Location. This restaurant is on a side street and opened 29 years ago when the values were Quality, Quality, Quality. It is still run by many of the same family members and loyal employees. The food choices and quality are excellent and there are prices to fit any budget. It had been so long since we were at a restaurant that has had generations of family values, we had forgotten how good it was. Even the bartender has been there for many years. We Will Be Back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Everywhere
“Serves the best prime rib in Colorado at a affordable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have traveled the world over many times, but with taking everything into consideration, the quality of the food, service, ambiance and atmosphere, and the cost, the family owned Gala Garden Restaurant stands alone on top of my worldwide list of restaurants. It also offers a lounge with a complete bar, and off to the side of the bar is a separate heated smoking room for those that like to enjoy there smokes over a drink, or before, or after their meal.
From what I understand the Gala Gardens has been in business for 30 or 40 years, so to be in business in this type of industry is quite the accomplishment in itself. Anytime I am in Colorado on business which is often, I eat most of my meals here, because of what I stated above. They also offer you a full meal with their dinners, not the a la carte thing. You receive soup, salad, potato, relish tray, and bread at a very reasonable price. The Prime Rib is the best in Colorado, bar none, and I am a connoisseur of fine dining. I give the Gala 5 stars! I might add they also offer a great menu for breakfast and lunch, and also offer daily specials for all meals.
A couple other things about the Gala Gardens I would like to share is they have a very large parking lot that is free to park your car. Inside the restaurant they have numerous aquariums with cool looking fish in them.

The restaurant is very large so they also cater to events and parties for those that might be interested.
Here is a YouTube video I found where the restaurant was recently featured on a television special.

I have no affiliation to this restaurant, but I am very passionate about sharing my review, because of my personal experiences of dining there. If you are in the Denver area, please go and check it out, as you will not be disappointed!

Here is my personal contact information for anyone that cares to speak to me about my review, or has questions about this great family restaurant.

• Visited February 2013