“Great location, nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #8 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“Great location, nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stayed here just after New Years and we really enjoyed this property. It must be a newer Hampton Inn & Suites as it's very well done on tuihe inside. Lobby area is nice for sitting around, great stone fireplace with a huge flat screen above the mantle. This area is also the breakfast area in the morning. Rooms are very nice, comfortable beds and overall a quiet hotel. The pool is set off to the side and it too was great for the kids.

Convenient to eating, Carrabra's across the street was great! A huge movie theatre complex is next door and so is the World Arena for hockey, figure skating of I would assume concert events. Thumbs up on this hotel!

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Freeburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Stayed here July 27-28, 2009, while visiting Garden of Gods and Pikes Peak. The hotel is clean, friendly, quiet and has a great view. I could see Pikes Peak from our room the morning we left, it made a great picture. They serve a hot breakfast and it was a different hot item each day. The location is great because there is no traffic to fight and we were able to get to our attractions without any delay. No complaints, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed at this Hampton for 3 nights in late June 2009 with my husband and my mother. We went to the area to go hiking.

The rooms were very clean and well taken care of. Breakfast is complimentary and was the standard Hampton fare, but it was good. Service staff was friendly when we did encounter them. We didn't have them clean our room every day though.

This was also a good location for us because it was near some other hotels and restaurants and it was very close to two high ways for us to be able to get around to different state parks. The pricing was good also.

I think that this is a good hotel for both business or leisure and for families or couples.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We spent two nights at the Hampton Inn and it was a very good experience. The front desk was extremely efficient and helpful, our room very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was what we've come to expect from Hampton Inn, while the variety was not extensive, it was hot and plentiful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed two nights. CO Springs was a "stop over" on a much longer CO trip to Estes.

Hampton Inn was in a good location, easily accessible to Seven Falls, Manitou, Garden of Gods, and Pikes Peak. Several chain restaurants in the area, but we did select some local ones in Manitou and downtown.

Room was very clean, beds were extremely comfortable. But I'm ready for all the hotels to get rid of the down blankets. They seem so pretty and luxurious, but they are just too darn warm, especially in the summer.

Complimentary breakfast was sufficien and although hotel was full, they kept it stocked both mornings we were there.

Hampton Inn's have become my preferred hotel when on road trips with our kids. Always consistent service and rooms when your tired and don't want any suprises.

Also, there was a huge(40+) youth(teens) group checking in when we arrived. I silently cringed about the amount of noise they would generate. Either the hotel has very thick walls and silent floors/ceilings, or their chaperones were the strictest I've ever encountered.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
Dear txfamtripper,

A note of sincere thanks on behalf of our entire staff is in order! It takes time to offer meaningful response and review. I hope we will have the pleasure of having you over again the next time you're in the Colorado Springs area!..

Glenwood Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Spent two nights here, arriving Friday July 24th. Check-in was a breeze and the woman behind the counter was very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was very nice, clean, comfortable and most importantly it was quiet. The location is very convenient to The Broadmoor and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and there is a movie theater and several restaurants next to the hotel. The free breakfast in the morning was ok but for free what can you really expect. We would be glad to stay here again, though next time we will stay at the Broadmoor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear RBG81601,

Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel when you were here in July. Looks like our breakfast did not impress...I would like to turn that around, contact me personally for a reservation the next time you're in Colorado Springs..Tell me what you would like for breakfast..We'll make it happen!

Kind Regards
JOHNSTOWN, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I'm writing this from my room at this hotel and I must say this has been a great stay. The friendly staff is out of this world. Nice free hot and cold breakfast. Decent size rooms that are very clean. I have a huge shower and no tub in a king room on the first floor.

I'm attending a conference at the Broadmoor and am very pleased that I decided to stay here instead of there. Food is very expensive as well as everything else at the Broadmoor. Here at the Hampton there is an Outback Steakhouse right across the street and they will deliver to your room. Also Chuck-E-Cheese and a giant movie theater are right across the parking lot so it is good for families.

My only true complaint is that there is no hotel shuttle to take you anywhere in the area and I would like to do a little shopping. There is a Target within walking distance but it's a long walk. There are several other hotels near by. The World Arena is right behind the hotel.

Free breakfast is from 6 to 10 and has a good variety. Hot coffee, tea and hot chocolate as well as bananas and apples are available 24 hours. There is a little snack shop that sells drinks and food such as snacks or microwave meals.

The bed is great and lots of feather pillows. I travel with my own contour pillow. There is a coffee maker in the bathroom as well as a hair drier.

There is a hot tub and indoor pool. I have not used either but have seen families use both.

Check in was quick and friendly and I got a call about 10 minutes after being in my room to see if everything is ok. I love Hampton Inns and this one is tops.

Free internet and a nice work area.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Hello "Hoski"

Wow is right, what a fabulous review! I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel. I agree a shuttle would be nice for our guests to do some local shopping, but... there are some very reasonable alternatives!..I hope we can have you over again in the near future!

Colorado Regards and Thanks!
Cherie'VanWinkle-Meyer GM

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South? Share your experiences!