You added Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South to your Saves list
Ranked #10 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Glenwood Springs, CO
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Spent two nights here, arriving Friday July 24th. Check-in was a breeze and the woman behind the counter was very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was very nice, clean, comfortable and most importantly it was quiet. The location is very convenient to The Broadmoor and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and there is a movie theater and several restaurants next to the hotel. The free breakfast in the morning was ok but for free what can you really expect. We would be glad to stay here again, though next time we will stay at the Broadmoor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
Dear RBG81601,

Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel when you were here in July. Looks like our breakfast did not impress...I would like to turn that around, contact me personally for a reservation the next time you're in Colorado Springs..Tell me what you would like for breakfast..We'll make it happen!

Kind Regards
Cherie'VanWinkle-Meyer GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
JOHNSTOWN, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I'm writing this from my room at this hotel and I must say this has been a great stay. The friendly staff is out of this world. Nice free hot and cold breakfast. Decent size rooms that are very clean. I have a huge shower and no tub in a king room on the first floor.

I'm attending a conference at the Broadmoor and am very pleased that I decided to stay here instead of there. Food is very expensive as well as everything else at the Broadmoor. Here at the Hampton there is an Outback Steakhouse right across the street and they will deliver to your room. Also Chuck-E-Cheese and a giant movie theater are right across the parking lot so it is good for families.

My only true complaint is that there is no hotel shuttle to take you anywhere in the area and I would like to do a little shopping. There is a Target within walking distance but it's a long walk. There are several other hotels near by. The World Arena is right behind the hotel.

Free breakfast is from 6 to 10 and has a good variety. Hot coffee, tea and hot chocolate as well as bananas and apples are available 24 hours. There is a little snack shop that sells drinks and food such as snacks or microwave meals.

The bed is great and lots of feather pillows. I travel with my own contour pillow. There is a coffee maker in the bathroom as well as a hair drier.

There is a hot tub and indoor pool. I have not used either but have seen families use both.

Check in was quick and friendly and I got a call about 10 minutes after being in my room to see if everything is ok. I love Hampton Inns and this one is tops.

Free internet and a nice work area.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Hello "Hoski"

Wow is right, what a fabulous review! I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel. I agree a shuttle would be nice for our guests to do some local shopping, but... there are some very reasonable alternatives!..I hope we can have you over again in the near future!

Colorado Regards and Thanks!
Cherie'VanWinkle-Meyer GM
Carrickfergus Co. Antrim Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This hotel opened in March 2008 and what an addition it must be to the Hampton Inn chain. In a three week stay in the U.S. we stayed in several Hampton Inns. They were all good but this one gets our personal gold star. It was simply wonderful and provided us with the best hotel experience of the trip. First off, being new, the decor and finish everywhere is immaculate. The public areas are bright and imaginative and the guest rooms are just stunning. An ethnic/natural theme in exposed brickwork, wall coverings, prints and fabrics is used throughout, making everywhere look individual, warm and welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and staff were constantly on hand to replenish the ample selections, and clear tables, service counters etc. A generous supply of delicious cookies greeted travellers on arrival at the reception desk. Fresh fruit and hot drinks were available on a help yourself basis throughout the day and evening. The reception staff were friendly and really helpful with information and directions, as were the dining room staff. The impression given by the entire team was one of enthusiasm and a willingness to do everything possible to make staying there a great experience for the guests. The guest laundry with washing machine and dryer was an unexpected and welcome facility after two weeks of constant travelling. Our room had a great view of the mountains and lots of little extra touches, like a plant on the desk. Internet access was fast and for those without laptops there were three machines in the beautifully appointed and quiet library room off the lobby.
The pool area was bright, roomy and never crowded. The pool size is generous enough for a decent length swim and there's a large spa pool and fitness centre right next it.
Finally, the hotel is in a great location being easy to reach from the centre of Colorado Springs and close to a good range of places to eat.

• Liked — The beautiful decor and the friendly staff
  • Disliked — This hotel had no downside!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

We did the usual tourist things in Colorado Springs (Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak, Olympic Training Center) and found this hotel to be well located for all of them.

There are lots of restaurants nearby and a movie theater right across the street. There is a little library/lounge in the hotel where you can access email. The workout room was very nice.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

This hotel is in a great location. You have a Target close by if you forgot or need anything as well as the fact that there are a few good chain restaurants close by if you want to grab something to eat and not drive far. In fact, you can walk to Carraba's and Outback.

You are just off if I25 but not so close that you get the traffic noise. The accessible room we had was huge. The only downside was that it was a smoking room, but it did not smell too bad. They have only one room with a roll-in shower which we needed, and it happened to be a smoking room. A little air freshener, and the room was fine.

Hotel staff was friendly and the daily breakfast offering was fine. It was not the best I had seen, but it was more than good enough to get your day going.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Only accessible room with a roll-in shower was a smoking room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is a new Hampton Inn in a nice, safe area of town. During our first stay we had an oversize standard room which was huge. We liked it so much we stayed there again on our way home from Colorado. This time we had a regular size standard room which was much smaller , but clean and nice. So, if making reservations, ask if they have an oversize rooms. We did not pay extra for the larger room. The breakfast area is large with the usual variety of Hampton Inn breakfast items-a hot entree each day such as sausage or eggs, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels and toast etc. If they have the hot entree of eggs, bacon and cheese on a bagel try it-it is fabulous! We did not use the indoor pool but it looked fine. The hotel is near the interstate so it never took us more than 20 min to get anywhere we went in Colorado Springs. A Target store, restaurants and movie theater are all in the same complex. The World Arena cain be seen from the hotel. The only negative thing I can say is that our room did not have a refrigerator. To get an in room refrigerator you must have a room with a king size bed and we needed two queen size beds. If I am ever in Colorado Springs we will stay here again.

• Liked — location and newness of facility
  • Disliked — no in room refrigerator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

The reason I say I am a bit confused is because I absolutely refuse to stay anywhere except a Hampton Inn (wherever available). Mainly because I receive wonderful service from the staff anywhere I stay and their "Cloud 9" beds. I love them. Except this time, although I received wonderful service (I am not at all surprised by this), my bed was very uncomfortable. I know I sound prissy but when you leave home and still want to feel comfortable, Hampton Inn has always done this for me. This is what is posing the confusion. Although I never want to stay anywhere else, I am now afraid to book a room at a H I that I have never stayed at before.

I stayed in a 2 queen bed/non-smoking room. It was myself, my husband & my 7 year old. We had plenty of room. We enjoyed the pool, the breakfast and the fact we were close to shopping areas & restaurants. However, it would be great if Hilton would upgrade it so that every room has a refrigerator & microwave.

• Liked — The staff. Everyone was very nice.
  • Disliked — Their Bed??? They are usually very comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family