“Gorgeous hotel with luxurious, clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #9 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Bedford, Ohio
“Gorgeous hotel with luxurious, clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This was the best hotel we stayed in during our four-week trip out west this fall. It is very new with lovely, lodge-like decor. Our room was spacious and the decor was very upscale. The bed had crisp sheets and numerous pilllows. The location is great... numerous good restaurants and Target within walking distance. The breakfast was great, and the area seats many people at once.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is a great hotel especially if you are in Colorado Springs for events at the World Arena- you can walk! It is also in walking distance from a movie theater, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chilis and Target. 10 min drive from downtown and 15-20 min from all of the main attractions. The free breakfast changes every morning and they have eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, coffee, cereal etc- better than a normal Continental breakfast. The rooms are spacious enough- flat screen tis, great sunset views and spacious bathrooms. They also have complimentary baked goods at the front desk in the afternoons. Overall, an above average, quality stay and the best you can get without paying for Broadmoor luxury.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

Have absolutely nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. Rooms are new & clean. The staff took care of our needs...we needed a taxi for a red-eye flight and the staff had scheduled a cab ready & waiting for us at 5:00 AM. Thanks for being awesome!

• Stayed September 2011
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I don't usually stay at a Hampton Inn, but this one is definitely well above par. The rooms are nicely appointed - I had king with microwave and mini-fridge, but thought the room was slightly smaller than other Hilton brands. Since I did not stay in the room much, this was not an issue, but may be for others on longer trips. Nice large bath/vanity area with walk-in shower - first that I have seen of any hotel. The dining and sitting area near the lobby was warm and friendly; the business center was one of the best that I have seen of any Hilton brand. Nice, quiet, and almost as if you are in your own library.

The hotel is within walking distance to a few chain restaurants and within 10 - 20 minutes to other fine dining within the Colorado Springs area. The breakfast was really nice and well stocked.

Room Tip: Center of World Arena area, walking distance to some nice chain restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Was a very nice stay on Labor Day Weekend. Hampton Inn's are basically the same every time we stay. The breakfasts are filling and very good variety. We stayed during Parents Weekend for AFA so it was very crowded. They did run out of food, but worked very hard to refill everything as quickly as possible as the hotel was obviously at capacity looking at the crowds that were in the dining area. I missed having the cookies at night, but they don't do that on holiday weekends, which when you want a little something sweet but don't want to drive out again was disappointing. On the plus side, they do have coffee and tea available all day which is very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Let me first say that everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very nice unlike some other reviewers experiences. What I could not get over about this hotel was the mold in the grout of the shower. I am sure it is hard to keep clean because the showers are plastic inserts and not really tile, but it really grossed me out. The room itself was quite small, and had no fridge or microwave, something I thought for sure I had requested in my reservation (we were too tired to argue at this point) Other than the moldy shower the room itself was clean, the bathroom was a decent size, however the towels and sheets seemed cheap. The workout room was nice, with adequate cardio equipment. The breakfast was free and ok, better than others we had at other Hamptons. We probably wouldn't stay in Colorado Springs...period, next time we visit Colorado.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and micorwave if you want ot keep a few sodas cool or something
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Greetings...

Firstly, thank you so much for taking a minute to detail your experience. We value the feedback of our guests..even when the comments are negative!..We are working through our showers as quickly as possible and have addressed your comments/concerns directly with the rooms manager. I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs. Please ask for me personally, I would like to be involved in ensuring a true VIP experience and recovery.

Thanks Again.
Cherie' Van Winkle
General Manager.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stopped into the Hampton Inn on a Thursday evening in early August while traveling across country. When I entered the lobby, I immediately noticed a line of 4-5 people waiting for assistance at the front desk. As I took my place in the back of the line to find out of any rooms were available, the first thing that happened was the front desk worker came out and mentioned to the first people in line that they would have to wait because she had to go help people in the business center. I stay at many Hilton hotels, and I've never seen the front desk staff just walk off to do something else when they're the only one on duty and there's a long line waiting for assistance at the front desk. That was the first red flag. Several minutes later, she returned to the front desk and began helping customers. When I got up to the counter, she informed me that there were no rooms available. Having seen other Hilton Family hotels nearby, I asked if there was room availability at any of the other Hilton family hotels in the area. She quickly replied that there was not any availability at those hotels and recommended I try the Best Western. The response seemed a little strange to me, since front desk staff in the Hilton portfolio of hotels are usually very helpful in calling the nearby hotels for a quick check. After seeing the relatively poor display of service, I didn't feel comfortable with her answer and I drove to the Doubletree right across the street, and sure enough they had plenty of rooms available. The Hampton Inn looked like a nice hotel, but with staff like this particular individual, I will definitely not be back to that hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Hello, and first of all I would like to Thank You for taking the time to detail your experience at the desk. I can assure you this is not the normal service level we provide at our hotel and would like to offer my most sincere apologies and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when and if your travels bring you back through Colorado Springs. Please ask to speak with me, I would like to extend a welcome to you personally.

Kind Regards,
C.VanWinkle-General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South? Share your experiences!