“Good Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Dallas
“Good Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

Consistent Hampton Inn. Clean rooms & property, friendly staff. This one has the advantage for families of being within walking distance of a movie theater and multiple restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Hello there.... I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I read all of our responses and hope to see you again!

Kind Regards,
C. VanWinkle-General Manager

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Near Ft. Carson Army Base, exceptionally clean, lovely pool and work out area, staff are excellent (expecially Brice), breakfast was abundant and varied. They had omletts, scrambled eggs,waffles, sausage, bacon etc etc. The beds are comfortable and my only complaint is the pillows were soft, mushy and like sleeping on a marshmellow which is not uncommon for hotels. There are many nearby places to eat, convient to movies, shopping etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

When you go to Colorado Springs in the summer, make sure you make your hotel reservations at least the day before. I checked out a few hotels to stay, early in the am. Everyone had rooms. We decided to check out Boulder, but didn't stay there, so we continued on to Co. Springs. The Hampton Inn was one of the hotels I viewed that considered staying at, but it wasn't my number 1 choice. When we arrived in COS, we found hotels to be sold out. We arrived at the first choice and they showed me a list of hotels that they already knew to be sold out. We called the Hampton Inn and they had one room left. Unfortunately, we wound up in a smoking room. We had no idea it would be sooooo SMELLY.

The staff at the hotel tried their best to remove the smoky smell, to no avail. Thanks to Rick (maintenance), Bryce and a female whose name I can't remember. They were all so sweet. Bryce came and brought us brand new pillows. The female staff person and Rick sent chocolates up to our "new" room, the next day. Luckily, the next day brought a new room.

Beds were comfortable and the shower worked well. Our second room overlooked the mountains and Garden of the Gods.

Breakfast was fine. Some hot foods, and plenty of fruit and cold food to go around. The food area was kept very clean.

The pool area seemed clean and people were enjoying the pool and hot tub. They have some chairs outside, which people were sunning themselves at.

The library had 2 computers and printers for personal use and each room had WiFii. It worked well in the room.

The hotel is very centrally located to restaurants, a mall with a wine store, movie theatre, and all the touristy areas.

We ate dinner 2X in the COS at Mackenzie's Chop House, which was recommended by Bryce. Food was excellent. We ate outside one night, and indoors the next. Steaks were huge and we shared both evenings. We came back stuffed.

I would stay there again, if I return to COS

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this newer Hampton Inn. The hotel is in great condition, and there are lots of restaurants and a nice movie theater near the property. The hotel is in the Cheyenne Mountain area, so it was a great location for visiting the zoo and other attractions on the south side of Colorado Springs. We initially had some trouble regulating the room temperature until we changed the fan setting from "auto" to "on." The fan was louder than in most hotel rooms. Overall, though, we liked this Hampton and would stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

this was an EXCELLENT hampton inn! it was so warm and cozy and pet friendly! i have a hard time finding hotels when i travel that will allow me to bring my non-destructive very well behaved golden retriever! and i love hamptons, so i was happy to find one that allowed pets. this hotel is very new and clean, and when i asked if i could have a first floor room to make it easier to walk my dog (shes a little timid of elevators) the front desk clerk was quick to upgrade me to a nice suite on the first floor! i will def. be staying here again. a few miles away is a nice outdoor shopping mall with tons of great places to eat...and did i mention the views are amazing???

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tuscola, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I took a trip out West recently. We made no reservations and had only a general itinerary. We stopped at this Hampton Inn while we were in Colorado Springs. The staff was very friendly and upon hearing that it was my first time seeing mountains, put us in a room with a mountain view. The bed actually faced the window! The room was nicely decorated, quiet, clean, and comfortable. The hotel was located near the main points we were interested in seeing while in Colorado Springs. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Colorado Springs in the future!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We got to this Hampton Inn early, and noticed it was next to a 20 Plex Cinima. Thinking it might be fun to catch a movie, we asked the front desk person if she had a listing of showtimes handy. She did not, but immediately volunteered to print one out for us. As for the hotel it is what you can expect from a Hampton Inn, nice clean rooms, a nice breakfast, a swimming pool & small fitness center.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South? Share your experiences!