“Takeaway: Don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3490 Afternoon Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80910 (Formerly Crossland - Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #93 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Seattle, Washington
“Takeaway: Don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Nothing is HORRIBLE, like a coackroach in the bedroom or something like that. But it's pretty bad. When I check into an economy suite, I don't expect a chocolate on my pillow. I DO expect what is advertised to be delivered.

--Had to move rooms because the original room had no towels or shower curtain, thus it hadn't been cleaned. I specifically asked the concierge about the shower curtain (when I previewed the room) and she said it would get taken care of.

--WIFI DOES NOT WORK. I apologize for the all caps but this was the most frustrating part of my WHOLE stay. I came here to work. I ended up not being able to access websites and Googledocs at crucial times. Called front desk about 5 times-- they said they'd call back twice and it never happened. I get the feeling it goes down a lot, as they were not surprised when I complained. It was down 90% of my stay. Bummer.

--Dirty. Elevator smells very strongly of smoke. So do public areas.

--Toilet broken/constantly running.

--Sketchy clientele.

--Thin walls. Could hear a couple's intimacies late into the night through my wall. Ugh.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

the only thing close to a positive review is their pricing. having said that, its almost criminal how these guys manage to stay in business. I highly recommend looking for a different place.

here were our complaints:

-Cleanliness?

the carpet was incredibly dirty smelling like a wet dog. We called the front desk to clean it but they gave us the excuse that the chemicals weren't in. Checked back days later, no chemicals. Checked again, this time "budget" issues. Eventually, they told us they'll have it after new years, and lo and behold, another excuse. We eventually got it the 5th week in, and it was definitely not worth the wait. The carpet looked exactly the same but with a new odor of dust or grime from the quietly blowing fan circumventing itself in the room.

the curtains were horrid as well. so dirty that, as we attempted to clean it, streaks of caked cigarette smoke rubbed off.

the temperature knob in the refrigerator was broken. the problem was not that it was broken but it took about 2-3 days of asking for help. so our weekend's worth of food completely froze.

-Housekeeping?

upon arrival we were told that our house keeping would be weekly on Sundays. Sunday comes around and no show. We called again to find out that we were misinformed because there was no housekeeping on Sundays... so they changed it to Thursday. For our whole stay of about 6 weeks, we had 2 house keeping. We had to take our linen and towels and whatnot up to the front desk to trade it for "cleaner" ones. Sometimes, there were none available and we were told to check back later. To make matters worse, they certainly didn't look clean with their permanent stain damage.

Their laundry machines and dryers were available, but only for desperate occasions. they were operated by quarters only, which wouldn't be a problem if there were quarter dispensers. I mean, the front desk didn't even have any. (at this point, if you're still reading and considering actually staying here: use the candy machines! just put money in the dispensers and refund it for quarters. you're welcome)

the internet? I guess you really get what you paid for... you have the option of upgrading the service from mediocre to could-be-worse by paying more. It was excruciating enough browsing through Facebook, much less watching a video on YouTube. Many times, we had no internet at all. I can't blame it solely on Crossland for this one, but i know they can do better with their Internet Service Providers!

-Staff?

It's very hard to say... and as i sat here sorting through all the other reviews that the staff was indeed helpful at times and sometimes just rude. I think i've managed to have seen the whole spectrum. The front desk (the staff) rotates everyday.The manager (I presume him to be) was very kind and very eager to help. Some of the younger folks were eager to help but helpless. Then, there were certain ones with certain attitudes that offended us.

-Location?

I've never seen so many police cars coming around so often. Almost everyday a cop car or two.

Conclusion (TLDR): Having reserved months in advance didn't give us the room we wanted and the way we wanted (non smoking). Affordable but that's just about it. Lousy service time and time again. Unbelievably dirty rooms/bathroom. Unresponsive staff minus one. Never ever going back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Looked online for a place to stay. I have stayed at similar hotels. What was shown online did not match the room given to me. The room & mattress had foul odor. The carpert and chair was dirty, the bedding was stained. Did not feel safe walking on the floor with my bare feet. Used my own pillows and blanket. The bathroom was not clean. Used towel to stand on while taking showers. Put toilet paper on toilet seat when using. I checked out early and went to another hotel. At that hotel I actually sleep on the bedding they provided. I could walk on the floor with my bare feet. I felt safe using their bathroom. This was the worst hotel I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Use reviews to help you have some idea of what the hotel is really like
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Puyallup
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

An emergency trip to Colorado Springs for an undetermined amount of time took us to Crossland Studios. What a mistake. My husband checked in and upon opening the door to his non-smoking suite was alarmed by the smell of cigarette smoke. It was dark in the room so he flicked on the light. He expected to see critters scurrying in the corners. The bed looked as hard as a board, but he didn't even sit on it. The wi-fi wasn't working which was needed due to the nature of the trip.. There was a huge gap around the door which let in light and cold air. A quick phone call to me & I had him set up at another nice hotel with a comfy bed a few minutes away for only a little bit more per night. Yes, the cooktop would have been nice, and dishes too, but not worth the terrible accommodations. He checked out without a charge (thankfully) and was on his way.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel and rooms smelled like weed and smoke heavily. Not good for infants and children that were in our party. I would recommend staying at proper extended stay chains not subsidiaries of extended stay. Never had a problem with extended stay but unfortunately this was not a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The best thing I can say is that the view from the road, is as good as it gets, and the staff smile nicely. Thereafter, it's all downhill.
The room was hard to find because the direction plate had fallen off the wall and nobody had bothered to fix it.
That was characteristic of the hotel's facilities - broken, and nobody bothers to fix them. We needed to wash our clothes on arrival. The receptionist advised some of the machines were broken, but no one bothered to place a sign on which was the working machine, or advise which were the non-working machines.
The room, the facilities needed maintenance and were not getting it - clearly the management didn't care, so why should the staff; and they didn't!
This hotel is attracting a 'suspect' clientele, and it's no wonder. As we were leaving, another 'guest' entered our room, obviously looking for what may be worth pilfering.
Stay here at your peril.
Each year, we spend approximately 5 months travelling your wonderful country, staying in around 60 hotels across your country which we find, with the help of Trip Advisor, deliver a quality experience that represents great value. In spite of things being incredibly tough economically, we find your hotels deliver a standard well ahead of those at home in Australia. This hotel is the exception - it deserves to fail, sooner rather than later. It is the only hotel on which we have had to make such harsh comments.

Room Tip: Buy a raffle ticket!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Very pretty hotel in a very convenient location for sight seeing in Colorado Springs area. The room was clean and had good facilities for our 1 week stay. Our only complaint was that the TV was too small and the picture quality was poor on about half the channels. I could not watch the college football game I wanted to watch. The other half of the channels were very clear.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport? Share your experiences!