“Non smoking doesn't mean non smoking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3490 Afternoon Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80910 (Formerly Crossland - Colorado Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #94 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Raleigh
“Non smoking doesn't mean non smoking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel and rooms smelled like weed and smoke heavily. Not good for infants and children that were in our party. I would recommend staying at proper extended stay chains not subsidiaries of extended stay. Never had a problem with extended stay but unfortunately this was not a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The best thing I can say is that the view from the road, is as good as it gets, and the staff smile nicely. Thereafter, it's all downhill.
The room was hard to find because the direction plate had fallen off the wall and nobody had bothered to fix it.
That was characteristic of the hotel's facilities - broken, and nobody bothers to fix them. We needed to wash our clothes on arrival. The receptionist advised some of the machines were broken, but no one bothered to place a sign on which was the working machine, or advise which were the non-working machines.
The room, the facilities needed maintenance and were not getting it - clearly the management didn't care, so why should the staff; and they didn't!
This hotel is attracting a 'suspect' clientele, and it's no wonder. As we were leaving, another 'guest' entered our room, obviously looking for what may be worth pilfering.
Stay here at your peril.
Each year, we spend approximately 5 months travelling your wonderful country, staying in around 60 hotels across your country which we find, with the help of Trip Advisor, deliver a quality experience that represents great value. In spite of things being incredibly tough economically, we find your hotels deliver a standard well ahead of those at home in Australia. This hotel is the exception - it deserves to fail, sooner rather than later. It is the only hotel on which we have had to make such harsh comments.

Room Tip: Buy a raffle ticket!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Very pretty hotel in a very convenient location for sight seeing in Colorado Springs area. The room was clean and had good facilities for our 1 week stay. Our only complaint was that the TV was too small and the picture quality was poor on about half the channels. I could not watch the college football game I wanted to watch. The other half of the channels were very clear.

• Stayed October 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

$53/night for the room, $25/night for each pet....ridiculous. I have 2 well-behaved terriers and that is the most I have ever had a motel charge for pets. So when we roll up in the parking spot, 2 cop cars were there and someone was being questioned 1 room down...sketchy. Opening the door, I see a twin bed (smaller than college dorm room) and a 19" TV on top of a mini-fridge. 19 inches!! A standing shower, no tub. Not good for washing pets which was likely since we were staying 6 days. Carpet was covered in stains (made me wonder "why charge so much for pets"). The overall location is far from everything but the airport, and we drove...so that's pointless. I booked with a "cancel anytime" and I certainly did. Got refunded for the pets too. They told me I would not find another place for the weekend (Labor Day)...WRONG! Read my other review to see where I stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the carpet issues in your room. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness and I'm sorry we failed in that area. As for our pet fee, it is standard for our hotel but, I'm sorry it was an inconvenience. Also, we work very closely with the Colorado Springs police department to help ensure a safe hotel for guest. I do appreciate you bringing all of this to our attention.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very low-end. I arrived before 3 p.m. Rather than do the paperwork and let me get the key after the room was ready, the clerk told me to come back after 3 (when there was a line of people). The hotel charged my credit card even though I had prepaid through hotel.com. The wireless was down the whole time (which, I gathered from the clerk, was not unusual). A couple argued loudly in the parking lot at 2 a.m. No conveniently located restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Kang - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that a room was not available when you arrived and that there was a mix-up when it came to payment. In response, I am working with the staff to improve our check-in process and am reviewing our payment procedures so these issues are not repeated. As for our WiFi, I am sorry this did not work properly during your stay and am working with our provider to fix any underlying problems.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at css@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Do not stay here! The first room they tried to put me in was never cleaned. The second room was poorly cleaned. I found an open condom wrapper and used cotton picks under the beds, the mattresses were stained (possibly blood) and we found burnt bacon that was never cleaned in the kitchen area. The bathroom was not cleaned very well. It is not a good enviroment for children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. There is no excuse for an unclean room and the issue of cleanliness is being addressed immediately with our housekeeping staff. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take the right measures to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dtc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Saginaw, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

. I paid for 2 rooms for the 5 nights. We joked about the rooms being dirty and that a smashed cup and dog feces in the stairway was never cleaned up the 3 days we was there. It was when we came back to the rooms on Saturday night that we had a drunk lady trying to get into one of our rooms. We told her she had the wrong room and she walked away. Then at 3am she came into that room with using a card key that the lady at the front desk gave her. Then that morning at 9:30am my wife called to complain that the toilet wasn’t working in our room. She was told that someone would be up shortly, she had to call 2 more times and finally I went down to complain at 5:30pm. It wasn’t until 6:30pm until a lady came up to snake the toilet and she slammed the door as she left. By this point we have had enough and checked out of the hotel. I called Extended Stay’s customer service that evening and also requested a refund on the nights that we didn’t stay. NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME BACK YET AFTER A WEEK!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am extremely sorry that your room was unclean upon arrival and our staff did not attend to this in a timely fashion. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and our response timing for making repairs as well as fulfilling guest requests moving forward. Also, I apologize that our staff has not contacted you since your original outreach. Please know, I have notified them of this misstep and am coaching them on how to provide better customer service so this is not an issue in the future.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Colorado Springs - Airport? Share your experiences!