“Clean and affordable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1623 South Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80906-2289 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Clean and affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We originally booked a non-smoking room, but there had been heavy smokers in it. They moved us to an upgraded room for a higher price. We thought they should have let us have it for the same price. Room was still affordable, spacious, and clean. We had our dog along and the building had a large dog park nearby.

Room Tip: Make sure no one had been smoking in the non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portales, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I booked this room for the 4th of July - it was my last resort so I expected the worst. I was pleasantly surprised - the room was clean, the bed was comfy. The TV had Comedy Central which was all I needed. Water pressure was fine. No fridge/microwave but there is ice (for a fee). I asked for a quiet location, and was given one. There is a nice large area for walking your dog. The pool area was closed due to lightening, but it looked really really nice. The staff at check-in was friendly, although their appearance was less than professional (was checked in by a man in a thin faded T-shirt). When I called ahead, I was told there was wi-fi. I saw a network for a moment but nothing too strong and I don't think I was given a password, so Im not sure about the quality of that. There were a few sketchy people walking around the parking lot whn we arrived, but nothing bad happened to our vehicle, and it was a nice and quiet night. Overall, this was a much better stay than I thought.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RodewayManagber, Owner at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I would mention that ice is free to guests. We do have a sign on the ice machine that says if you want to fill your cooler, ice in bags is available at the front desk for $2/bag. This keeps the ice machine from being depleted. There is a coin slot but the instructions indicate that you simply push the button, wait for the hopper to fill then push down to fill your ice bucket . Ice buckets are located in the guest rooms.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Clean room, decent location, nice pool, good breakfast. The staff was very accommodating when I had to make a last minute change to my stay (5 hours after I checked in, I had to add a friend to my reservation as a room guest because his other lodging plans in Colorado Springs fell through).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

PATCHED REPAIR WIRING with electrical tape on lamp. Motel is worn. Breakfast was COLD COFFEE, Sunny D, bread, cheap Honey bun packs, oatmeal packets, hard boiled eggs. Ratty old plants inside dining room and out. Noisy Parking lot. AC MADE constant rickety noise at night...WE COULD NOT SLEEP. The manager did listen to our complaint nicely about the airconditioner and did let us cancel the second night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sorry about the cold coffee. I get a cup of coffee every morning when I go to work and have not gotten a cold cup yet. Thats for over 10 years. The odds are against it happening but apparantly it did happen. We are always happy to make a fresh pot if there is no hot coffee available. Also, I would like to point out the clicking noise in your AC unit was identified and it was a small piece of aluminum that was just touching the squirrel cage in the cooling unit. I don't recall if we got that fixed before you left but if not, my apologies and we did fix it prior to renting the room to another guest. Room 102 as I recall. Also, the studio units, with two beds and a full kitchen are on the higher price end of the rooms we have available. I comparing our kitchen rooms to competing hotels, we are considerably lower than the average on price. Especially on extended stay bookings of 7 days or more. Feel free to check it out and see if thats not correct. It is typically true in the busy summer months as that is what I am comparing to here.
Triplett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Awesome Staff to help us out. They recommended dining for us that was close by. A message was left by one of the staff members that we would like to get coffee for the overnight managers. We were leaving early that morning to come home. They had coffee ready for us as well as a picnic breakfast for us on the road. That was awesome of them to do that. Kudos to Chris and Kara. It was an excellent room. It was very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your considerate remarks. I had read this before and I thanked Chris and Kara for going above and beyond but I will thank them again now upon re-reading your review.
Carlsbad, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

For the people that have put in good or great review for this motel, I think you either work there or are being paid to do so.
This motel is for the drunks and druggies.
Don't even think of staying here if you have kids.
The rooms smell very bad.
It should not open.
We looked at the rooms and decided NOT to stay and was still charged $61.00 for the night. I have NEVER been charged for not staying in a place I did NOT fell safe in.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
RodewayManagber, Manager at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We do not have staff post reviews. No one is paid to post reviews. That should be obvious otherwise we would bury the nasty ones with good. Generally, if a guest is uncomfortable with the accommodations, they are provided a refund if they do not use the room. If a guest checks in, razes the room then requests a refund and wants to check out, we do not issue a refund.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a night at this place last week. It's not a great part of town but it is conveniently located. The rooms are a little dated but i felt that they kept them very clean! I would recommend to someone looking for value and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!