“Not this one...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Minnesota
“Not this one...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

As a former employee of Extended Stay Hotels, I am sad that I have to write such a poor review of this hotel.

The location was o.k., but somewhat of a drive to the attractions that we wanted to see.

Our room was dirty. There was grease spots on the refrigerator, cupboards and stove backsplash. The bathroom vent had 1/4 inch of dust on it. The bathroom door lock was broken. The tub had scum stains. The carpet was dirty-needed a good shampoo. Our telephone did not work, even when getting a new one from the front desk.

The hotel itself was o.k., although the front trash bin was overflowing for 2 days and the stairwells were dirty.

The staff at check in was pleasant enough, but the other staff had a ho hum attitude.

I would not stay at this ESA. Two nights earlier we stayed at the Des Moines location and our experience was much better.

• Liked — Discounted rate
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

The hotel is located in North Colorado Springs and it’s a typical Extended Stay America hotel. Nothing is special. Probably I expected more courtesy from the front desk. The location is good to visit all the attractions of Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs. The hotel is also close to Academy Blvd where you can find stores and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chesapeake Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

This is a no frills suites hotel on the north side. There was constuction going on all around the hotel which is situated in a buiness park area. The room was reasonably large with basic furnishings, nothing special. With great effort we managed to open a window (filthy) but then could not close it again. Finding how to get there was extremely confusing because of closed roads and all the construction. We probably would not stay there again, there are many other alternatives.
We had a very nice dinner at the New South Wales restaurant in the same complex.
Our stay in this hotel was part of a 53 day US tour that took us over 10,000 miles, 36 different hotels, and a different restaurant every evening. We were on a budget so did not stay in luxury hotels or generally eat in expensive restaurants. This review is relative to what we found on average. We booked all hotels in advance over the internet, when available, and checked them all against reviews on TripAdvisor.com which we found very helpful.

• Liked — No room service allows more privacy
  • Disliked — Construction all around
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the New South Wales restaurant
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

Because we only needed a room for a 1 night shopping trip, we chose to get a cheaper hotel on Hotwire. After taking careful note of the name, pictures of the place, and address, we departed.

The only thing in this list that applied to the hotel was the address. The name is no longer "Extended Stay America", but "Crosslands". When speaking with the clerk during Check-In, she reminded me to take anything that I didn't want stolen to the room.

As my wife and I climbed the stairs to our room, we noticed that most of the doors were open to the night air. Upon arriving in our room, I understood why - no air conditioner. The room smelled terrible, the bed had been slept in, and the bathroom was FILTHY. I went back to the desk and requested another room, this time with better results. This was only after the desk clerk asked "What? Is it not good enough?". The next room was clean, but only a full size bed, shower (no bath), and pretty small.

Overall, this hotel was OK. The second room was clean and for the price, it was fine. But, as stated in other reviews, you would be better off looking for another hotel further north (better neighborhood and more options). Even if you have to pay slightly more, avoid "Extended Stay America/Crosslands".

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and staff
  • Tips/Secrets — OK if you're looking for value while sacrificing other things, otherwise forget it.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bethesda, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2006

I stayed here for one night recently. There was nothing really wrong with the place - it was clean, the bed was okay, and I had heat. However, I still didn't really like it, and it's hard for me to put my finger on why.

I would note that the room was not large. To call this a "studio suite" is somewhat misleading. It's a hotel room, and not a big one at that.

But it was fine - nothing, like I said, really wrong with it - and you won't be too disappointed.

In closing, I will also note that I have stayed at the TownePlace Suites a few miles away. I would say that if you could get the TownePlace for the same price as this hotel, or only a few bucks more, to go for it. It's a larger room, and it also has a certain je-ne-said-quoi about it that makes it feel like a classier place than the Extended Stay America.

Oh, and the location of the TownePlace is much more convenient. You can walk to a 7-11 and it's two blocks to a grocery store, Starbucks, a post office and a bunch of restaurants. The Extended Stay America is in the far, far back of an office park near NOTHING except I-25.

• Stayed January 2006
Upper Bavaria, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

Stayed at ESA for 3 weeks while finding a home. Small room w/minimal kitchen, but a good price ($42/night). Staff was friendly and really tried to make stay pleasant. Great animal policy saved us big bucks. Located right beside I-25, but road noise was never an issue (we were on the far side). Running trail/biking trail right outside hotel was a bonus. This is not Holiday Inn, not as clean, not as many perks, but not as expensive either.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2003

We stayed at ESA in February and had great service and a great room.
All rooms are equipped with full kitchens--refrigerators, stove top, microwave, double sink and cooking utensils. The room was large and very clean. They have basic cable tv. Housekeeping is provided only once a week but you get clean towels daily. The best part is the price, right around $40 a night. I would recommend it to everyone!

Been to Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West? Share your experiences!